[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King dom_of_France_(1791%E

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: MTE1ODA0OTcxNzA1MTQwNzQ5.jpg (254KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxNzA1MTQwNzQ5.jpg
254KB, 1200x1200px
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_France_(1791%E2%80%9392)
>Louis XVI had the ability to veto legislation that he did not approve of as the legislation still needed Royal Assent to come into force.
> vetos fucking everything

Why was pic related so uncompromising during the Kingdom of France? Could he not see his world crashing around him?
>>
>>1977810
That's why he vetod everything. He was trying to veto the crashing.
>>
Guy was a bitch most of the time yet weirdly stubborn against the things that would actually help him.

It was like he was trying to fuck everything up.
>>
>>1977818
>It was like he was trying to fuck everything up.
My point exactly
>>
>>1977810
because he became reactionary and it's what his advisers advised him to do
>>
>>1977810
>Why was pic related so uncompromising during the Kingdom of France? Could he not see his world crashing around him?

He was a clueless idiot who had no idea what to do. He could either ride the revolutionary wave and become a constitutional monarch or hang everyone and restore old order by force. Instead, he wanted everything to go back by itself to the comfy pre-revolutionary state of things. That obviously wasn't going to happen, but it was beyond Louis mental capacity to understand that.
>>
>>1980914
He sounds similar to Charles I and how he just flat out rejected loads of proposals he received in capitivity.
>>
I wonder what his last thoughts were before he was killed?

"My feet hurt. I want to go home. I wish I was hunting right now."

Mothafucka loved hunting.
>>
>vetoes fucking everything

No, not everything. Just things that went against his conscience because they would have stripped people of their religious freedoms, property, and even life. He vetoed legislation that infringed on religious liberty and would have required Catholic clergy to commit what was considered religious heresy by swearing the Oath--despite the fact that it was not mandatory before that point. He vetoed legislation that put a death sentence on French men or women who assembled outside of France as emigres--which would have included his own brothers and sisters-in-law, and potentially even his aunts.
>>
>>1980994
Probably something religious. Or about his family. His priest refused to let him see his family one more time in the morning (he had a long meeting with them the night before his execution) because the priest thought that it would be a death-blow to Marie Antoinette to have to suffer the parting again, and because it would be too emotionally taxing on Louis, who was supposed to be focusing on his religious duties before death.
>>
>>1980914
>>1980927
>>1980994
>>1981198
>>1981201
FPBP
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.