[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to all the prisoners in Moscow when Napoleon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: nap.jpg (561KB, 1500x1068px) Image search: [Google]
nap.jpg
561KB, 1500x1068px
What happened to all the prisoners in Moscow when Napoleon invaded the city?
>>
>>1976462
fondled heavily to warm the French soldier's hands
>>
They got to meet classic Paul Dano
>>
>>1976462
Wasn't Moscow evacuated?
>>
>>1976467
I haven't seen the miniseries yet, is it any good? should I read War and Peace before watching it?
>>
>>1976471
In the same way new orleans was evacuated for Katrina
>>
>>1976476
It dumbly vilifies Napoleon
The Russian war of agression against France during the Third Coalition is depicted as a noble struggle against a horrible tyrant

Then again you can't really blame the adaptation for that when Tolstoy himself was a butthurt revisionist
>>
>>1976558
>>1976476
>The Russian war of agression
That's pushing it. But Tolstoy is super anti-Napoleon, so if you're big on the guy you're gonna have butthurt. In general, he's one of my least favourite Russian writers because whe can't stop moralising and preaching idyllic pictures of rural life.

t. Russian
>>
>>1976572
>That's pushing it

It really isnt though
Russia several times went as far as Western Europe to fight France without any real justification.

In the War of the 2nd Coalition you have Russian armies in Italy and Switzerland trying to help the Austrians to invade France

In the War of the 3rd Coalition you have Russians in Germany trying to help Austrians to invade France

I can forgive their involvement in the 4th coalition since it was getting close from their borders, but Russians really brought whar happened in 1812 upon themselves with their shitty foreign policy
Since 1798 they had been sending their armies near France borders to help the Austrians to invade
>>
>>1976612
>In the War of the 2nd Coalition you have Russian armies in Italy and Switzerland
I wonder what they were doing there...maybe, let's just imagine that for a second, Napoleon actually invaded those countries like a crazy land-grabbing warmonger he was.

In general, since the get-go Revolutionary and later Napoleonic France was an enemy to all European monarchies.

Helping Austrians was our traditional mistake though. They owed us so much and never repaid anything.
>>
File: 1365892822530.jpg (20KB, 360x201px) Image search: [Google]
1365892822530.jpg
20KB, 360x201px
>>1976635
>maybe, let's just imagine that for a second, Napoleon actually invaded those countries like a crazy land-grabbing warmonger he was.

What are you even doing on this board if you have zero knowledge of history?
Napoleon was sent there as a general (not ruler) during the Wars of the Revolution because Italy was an Austrian possession and Austrian troops were trying to invade France from there to end the Republic

France was absolutly justified in invading a possession of an enemy country used by said enemy as an advanced base to invade their land
Russia on the other hand wasn't justfied in involving themselves in wars between France and Austria in Western Europe
But they did it anyway because "hurr le ebul rebolution must preserve monarchy durr"
>>
>>1976650
In case you don't get it - Revolutionary France was like ISIS of its time. Everybody felt super-justified trying to end it.

And also, what about Switzerland? Was Switzerland evil Austria's possession too?
>>
>>1976664
Except revolutionary France was advancing enlightenment values whereas the powers that be at the time were more closely aligned to current isis in terms of politics.
>>
>>1976462
Civilians were evacuated, i.e. told to get the fuck out.
Prisoners were then released and given orders to light whatever they could on fire as so to deny the French the city.

t. Memoirs of Sergeant Bourgogne
>>
>>1977632
>advancing enlightenment values
yeah, by chopping off everyone's head - sounds like ISIS to me
>>
File: 1465491980232.jpg (60KB, 400x549px) Image search: [Google]
1465491980232.jpg
60KB, 400x549px
>>1976650
>>1977632
>Russia was not justified sending forces to aid allies in the fight against republicanism
>France was advancing the enlightenment by invading every country that it bordered, slaughtering those who opposed it and trying to conquer all of Europe (including Russia)

We're approaching levels of Nappybooing that shouldn't even be possible.
>>
>>1976476
I gave up on it somewhere in the middle, chiefly because of the actress playing Natasha. Nothing will ever beat Bondarchuk's masterpiece.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.