[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of modern revivals of Ancient Religions such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: mithras.jpg (58KB, 591x480px) Image search: [Google]
mithras.jpg
58KB, 591x480px
What do you think of modern revivals of Ancient Religions such as Mithraism, Gnosticism and Mazdaism /his/?
>>
I´m quite interested in gnosticism myself but revival? are people practicing rituals and shit?
>>
Gnosticism never died.
Mazdaism never died.
Mithraism would be pretty dank, but we don't have enoughto reconstruct it and it would probably end up looking like freemasonry with a Persian rather than a Jewish flavor.
>>
I believe they're idiotic, because we really don't have a clear picture of what their doctrines and beliefs really were. And you say Gnosticism, but WHICH type of Gnosticism? There were so many Gnostic sects, most with some generally similar central idea but also believing differing and/or unique doctrines.
>>
>>1976137
>being this unenlightened
It's like you've never even achieved Gnosis, you sad plebeian
>>
>>1976141
I bet you don´t even Bridal Chamber.
Penetrate the outer teaching, faggot
>>
Trying to revive Mithraism is utterly retarded as trying to revive a secretive mystery cult that only left its rooms of worship behind is like a bunch of nepalese Yakherder who never saw a bibel in their life trying to guess what christianity is about by observing an empty church.
>Many gods in the pretty glassfensters
>Ew, is that a Human-Puja at the cross?
>look at the little bowls in the wall, water offerings to the deities!
>>
>>1976137
there´s a spooky Gnostic Society a few blocks away from my home, they give conferences about history, religion and esotericism. It´s a trap for history channel viewers
>>
>>1976141
>he doesn't believe in archons
>2016
>>
File: MAndeans (2).jpg (263KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
MAndeans (2).jpg
263KB, 900x600px
>>1976137
There are still some obscure ones alife.
>>
These people are just what happens when normies larp.

Religion is grounded in belief. In the ancient times of these religions, people truly believed they were real, that's why they followed the doctrines and rituals.

Today people are choosing to conduct their rituals because they agree with the actions, or desire for the gods to be real for some reason.

In the age of reason, religion is having a hard time because we just arent raised in systems of belief. These people may as well all be wiccans.
>>
Hipster shit
>>
>>1976163
yeah and the druze, yazidi and alawite too but they are ethno-religious
>>
File: stefan_molyneux1.jpg (10KB, 431x272px) Image search: [Google]
stefan_molyneux1.jpg
10KB, 431x272px
>>1976164
Your argument here is pretty much just saying religion doesn't exist because science.

>implying the only methodical way of approaching and proving/disproving ideas is the scientific method
>not an argument
>>
File: Bagans.jpg (316KB, 907x649px) Image search: [Google]
Bagans.jpg
316KB, 907x649px
>>1976164
If I create a make belief system, gather a few autists charismatic enough to procreate-will a legit religion have been made if our grandsons still believe like us due to solid influence on our children?
>>
>>1976170
>but they are thno religious
You say that as if its a bad thing.
Prevents it getting watered down and you can be racist as fuck without someone complaining.
>>
>>1976177
not him, but that mentioned nothing about whether one religion or another is correct, let alone religion being false because of science.
>>
>>1976137
Yeah Gnostics are a thing.
>>
>>1976184
>tfw Mormonism could have been the American ethnoreligion if the corrupt hierarchy hadn't given into government pressure to allow blacks to join
>>
>>1976177
The only methodical way of approaching ideas IS science and therefore empiricism.

Philosophy and theology ultimately become an argument about which values to judge ideas are better and therefore is not methodical.

With empiricism at least you have an outside, external reality as the ultimate answer.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.