[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I must unite the American people under one flag. t.Abraham

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 78134-004-8587374E.jpg (23KB, 349x450px) Image search: [Google]
78134-004-8587374E.jpg
23KB, 349x450px
>I must unite the American people under one flag.

t.Abraham Von Lincoln
>>
File: h-k-edgerton.jpg (173KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
h-k-edgerton.jpg
173KB, 450x300px
>>1975368
>legally declare independence, as allowed in the articles of confederation
>feds refuse to leave territory
>attempt to retake fort sumter
>union declares war on you for doing something perfectly legal
>>
File: 555.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
>>1975384
>using the articles of confederation as justification
>>
>>1975384
it's almost like the southern states agreed to the 1789 constitution and had been ruled under the American Constitution-the oldest active constitution in the world btw- for over 70 years before revolting. It's almost like that constitution made their cecession unlawful and therefore the north did literally nothing wrong.
>>
>>1975433
>the oldest active constitution in the world btw
*tips magna carta*
>>
>>1975446
>magna carta
>active

u wot m8
>>
>>1975433
>the oldest active constitution in the world btw

Now or then? Only one is relevant.
>>
>>1975452
are you people incapable of understanding English?

No other country uses a document written before 1780 as their constitution, only the United States. Every other country in the world has either changed their constitution since then or their constitution was written after.
>>
>>1975461
He means that at the time of the Civil War US constitution wasn't the oldest active constitution.
>>
>>1975466
We'll that's irrelevant as fuck. I only brought up that fun fact- which is 100% true btw- because it emphasizes that a long time had passed between 1789 and the 1860s and the south had been abiding by the second constitution for decades before ceceeding, meaning that using the Articles as an excuse is stupid.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.