[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the veredict on this fellow, /his/torians? Was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: CC.jpg (35KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
CC.jpg
35KB, 620x349px
What's the veredict on this fellow, /his/torians?
Was he really that bad?
>>
>>1971238
Yes
>>
>>1971238
Really, really. And no, not everyone was like that in the 15th century.
>>
Well people of the time complained of his abuse of the natives and of other europeans
>>
>>1971238
No, the weak should fear the strong
>>
>>1971238
Genocidal maniac, too far for even a colonial age fag.
>>
>all these SJWs ITT
>>
>>1972128
>being this contrarian

the guy slaughtered children
>>
He was a hero. All the claims about his brutality are just modern anti Italian propaganda.
>>
>>1972234
t. Paulie
>>
Yes, he inflicted an enormous amount of suffering on sapient beings like ourselves which went beyond the customs of the time. The level of brutality he used to obtain gold was excessive and possibly even counterproductive.

In his defense it may have been exaggerated by his political enemies, he made peaceful contact with the first tribe he met and on his 2nd voyage he discovered the crew he had to leave behind had been slaughtered and said tribe were dispersed by a hostile tribe, regardless things deteriorated later on.
>>
>>1971238
One of the worst humans to ever walk the face of the Earth.
>>
>>1972234
t. Luigi
>>
>>1971238
Yes, he was a pretty big asshole. Even for the 15th century he was a piece of work.
>>
>>1971238
Probably not. Everything's relative.
>>
>>1971238
Who's the guy?
>>
>>1972435
He invented the pizza, I think.
>>
>>1971238
He was a hero
>>
>>1972443
Then he's awesome. I love pizza.
>>
>>1972234
t. pizza tosser
>>
>>1972213
Sauce?
>>
His contemporaries thought he was a bit off and he wasn't the greatest navigator. He deserves a place in history for having balls of steel to cross the Atlantic but that's about it.
>>
>>1972213
>>1972358
So just like the savage natives did, huh huh?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.