[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get the energy or motivation to do anything? If you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: bBTxSad.jpg (56KB, 382x358px) Image search: [Google]
bBTxSad.jpg
56KB, 382x358px
How do you get the energy or motivation to do anything?

If you work hard then you'll miss the big picture and never be well rounded. If you become well rounded then you'll never become great at anything.

The only intellectually respectable jobs are mathematics, physics, or theoretical compute scientists and even then you have to sacrifice many aspects of your life to achieve anything worthwhile in them. Everything else is cuckworthy. Academics who study practical shit like distributed systems or fiber optic cables simply help Stacey get quicker chad matches on Tinder (and this academic is far ABOVE wageslaves. All jobs outside academia are intellectually worthless). And in all academic areas you are ultimately playing the lottery in terms of success.

All of art has become a mechanism for social signalling by the consumers and blatant money grabbing and self indulgence by the producers. The exception is video games, which has its own unique problems but is the most technically advanced art form.

All Philosophy consists of flailing about in the infinitely large space of unfalsifiable thoughts. That's fucking it. Mountains of "public intellectuals" have nothing non-trivial to say.

I simply don't respect almost all jobs on either the intellectual level or on importance. Even a millionaire CEO of some to-do list company talks about changing the world. They have nothing better to do!
>>
>All jobs outside academia are intellectually worthless

But they get paid, which is what matters
>>
What is your calling?
That is all that matters.
>>
We get it. You're smart.
Now pay your fucking rent.
>>
>>1961795
>How do you get the energy or motivation to do anything?

don't want to live in the streets
>>
That's kind of the dillema that deep people face...

Money was good in the sense that it gave us motivation to feed the machine and achieve "progress"
But then, as we grew more and more and created a society of illusions where we can spend our money in order to be happy (in a happiness we created ourselves), it kind of transformed itself into something really useless but kinda hard to escape. Its like OP said

>All of art has become a mechanism for social signalling by the consumers and blatant money grabbing and self indulgence by the producers.

And I wouldn't consider videogames an exception to that.
>>
File: image.png (491KB, 730x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
491KB, 730x750px
>>1962002
How do you find your calling?
>>
>>1962106

OP here. Videogames as social signalling in the same way as rich people sipping wine at an art exhibition? Don't be stupid. They are seen as a manchild activity, similarly to literally every new endeavour in the history of mankind.
>>
>>1962136
Yeah but you know, I mean, what is the difference between rich people sipping wine at an exhibit and 4 good guys drinking beer and playing TitanFall?
I say videogames ain't an exception in the way that it has already entered the "Cultural Industry" cause many of the producers are making videogames only for the profit,and while I think that yes, there are some videogames wich carry a high potencial of change and Philosophical toughts that can bring up interesting questionings, I also think that there are lot of other "art" ways that do the same, while also, lots of the other "art" ways are simply produced to sell and keep up this huge illusionary-masturbation-society we live.

For an example, Assassins Creed. Used to be a huge fan, great stories, I would learn lots of things as kid playing the games and reading the books. Suddenly they start releasing new titles every year to profit and it kind of loses it's "aura".
>>
>>1962201
cause the plots are shitty, I mean
>>
File: 1473103700919.jpg (283KB, 1456x971px) Image search: [Google]
1473103700919.jpg
283KB, 1456x971px
>>
File: 1425728205411.png (61KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1425728205411.png
61KB, 1440x900px
>>1961795
It is all how you view it.
Distributed systems or fiber optic cables may save someones life.
Researching technology is second only to art that rises one above animals.
Everyone who does not practice the above with passion is just an animal following its basic instincts and programming.
>>
>>1961985
Exactly, in terms of who is more "cucked" - the based physicists or the businessman who allocates the funding they sometimes have to beg for?
>>
File: 1461438946221.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
1461438946221.png
74KB, 412x351px
>tfw forklift driver
>>
>>1961795
what do you think about high power lawyers or judges
>>
In this post-modern landscape of nihilism and material comfort people are waking up the importance of family and community
>>
>>1961795
I value the farmer who tows the earth for a living. You seem to forget to mention them.
>>
>>1961795
>he thinks he's pursuing the sublime when he plays video games
>>
>All Philosophy consists of flailing about in the infinitely large space of unfalsifiable thoughts
Our whole existence is pretty much this if you look at it from different perspectives. Philosophy at-least alerts you about such possibilities and it's fun to bring up big abstract thoughts / questions or divert discussions to them with plebs whenever they get too annoying and watch them get pissed off.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.