[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there instances of war where one side spiked the water supply

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Are there instances of war where one side spiked the water supply of the other with alcohol? I'm wondering for a story I'm writing
inb4 Simpsons did it
>>
Well there has been plenty of times where one side would get the other drunk and then slaughter them.

>learning that the Massagetae were unfamiliar with wine and its intoxicating effects, he set up and then left camp with plenty of it behind, taking his best soldiers with him and leaving the least capable ones. The general of Tomyris's army, Spargapises, who was also her son, and a third of the Massagetian troops, killed the group Cyrus had left there and, finding the camp well stocked with food and the wine, unwittingly drank themselves into inebriation, diminishing their capability to defend themselves when they were then overtaken by a surprise attack.
>>
>>1961288
Nice thank you very interesting. Any instances of something more modern? Hoping for a character to be told of it through his father/grandfather/great grandfather
>>
>>1961288
>leaving a group of soldiers just for them to be killed

But why tho? Couldn't they have just left the camp and made them think they found some supplies that were left behind?

Was it literally just them getting rid of men they didn't need?
>>
>>1962999
You need to sell it.
>>
The Jews poisoned the water supply in the Middle Ages, which led to the Black Pague

t.Catholic
>>
File: 1424383563293.jpg (232KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
1424383563293.jpg
232KB, 720x715px
>>1961272
Why has nobody tried spiking the enemies water supply with LSD and attack while they are all tripping uncontrollably?
>>
>>1963048
LSD degrades in water quite quickly.
>>
>>1963048
A good question. The reason is that LSD isn't dangerous enough. There are few situations where you want to incapacitate enemy soldiers but not kill them. Sarin and some other chemical weapons do cause hallucinations/confusion/other symptoms that might be associated with recreational drugs. The difference is that test subjects all reported that the weaponized stuff was horrible and they didn't want to try it again.
Not to mention that those chemical weapons can also kill you.
>>
>>1963029
What?
>>
>>1963067
He left them there as a ploy. It would be suspicious if the enemy just totally abandoned a camp and left behind some untouched food and drink.
He left his least useful soldiers there so they would think they were capturing a poorly defended camp rather than walking into a trap.

Machiavellian as fuck.
>>
>>1963078
What I'm wondering is if those guys knew they were basically bait or if they were told to wait around and guard camp.
>>
>>1963122
It's possible. I'm sure that they noticed that all of the most competent/loyal guys just left and it was only the fuckups and trouble makers left in camp.
They may not have realized that they were bait, but I'm sure they knew something was happening.
>>
>>1963136
>are we allowed to drink all this booze?
>god, marching up here was so hard
>this spear is too fucking heavy
>I wonder why everyone they let chill at camp is under 140 lbs
>damn, even that guy with one arm is here, he's cool as fuck
>can't wait to get this easy cash, hell yeah
>>
It would require a LOT of alcohol to get them drunk, if that's what you're wondering. It would be immediately noticeable even just by smell.

I'm not sure, but I think ships used to store beer on board because it lasted longer than water.
>>
See "The future when man was castrated" in youtube
>>
File: 1476509333445.jpg (30KB, 480x490px) Image search: [Google]
1476509333445.jpg
30KB, 480x490px
>>1963048
I'm not the only one who sees a face in that pic right?
>>
>>1963176
That's the point of the picture my man.
>>
>>1963171
>The future when man was castrated
???????????
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.