[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me about south east asians, who are they? whats their history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 256
Thread images: 47

File: 20150618-161826-1434619106.jpg (748KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
20150618-161826-1434619106.jpg
748KB, 667x1000px
Tell me about south east asians, who are they? whats their history? are they closer to east asians or south asians? why can't they into relevancy
>>
>>1959940
They're basically the cross-cultural zone between India and China. On the far west you have Burma which is the closest to India both geographically and culturally, and on the far east there's a similar relationship between Vietnam and China.

>why can't they into relevancy
They're very relevant when it comes to dictators, opium and child prostitution.
>>
>>1959940
The region is actually bretty relevant in history due to the trade routes that passed there.

Not to mention the only bunch of Eastern Asians who can work with each other.
>>
>>1959940

Too busy fucking their God tier women
>>
>>1959985
Knowing youre most likely white, I have a good working idea what consists of God-tier Southeast Asians in your definition.
>>
>>1959940
Define relevancy.
>>
Why did Indonesia and Malaysia cuck so easily to Islam? Why isn't Thailand or the Philippines Muslim? Why do they love big white dick?
>>
>>1960001
The Indonesians have always been a peaceful people, and thus, the spread of Islam to Indonesia happened in a peaceful manner through traders. The Indonesian people have prospered since then, having a history of several benevolent islamic leaders.
>>
>>1960019
I talked to a Muslim girl from Indonesia once. She wouldn't send nudes so I sent a dick pic and she blocked me. I hate Muslims now
>>
File: Rajah Sulaiman Matanda.jpg (38KB, 288x396px) Image search: [Google]
Rajah Sulaiman Matanda.jpg
38KB, 288x396px
>>1960001
Philippines was heading the way of Malaysia/Indonesia until Spain arrived.

The Philippines was split between the highly organized, Muslim state entities with their trading & raiding and their victims, the last of the Flip pagans, who were also traders and raiders albeit less successful.

Since arriving in the place in the 1520s, Spain was initially btfo repeatedly by Muslim Flips, so they wised up in the 1560s by offering a conversion-for-protection scheme to the Pagans. Basically they built empty fortified towns with a church and told the pagans "You can live in here, with your cultures and your nobility will be honored but only if you convert to catholicism and think Charles V/Philip II is the greatest human who ever lived." Thinking that they'll just build a trade post and get out of the way of Muslim Flips.

And then the unthinkable happened: pagans were fuck desperate and converted in droves to avoid Muslim dicking and Spain accidentally united a huge portion of Filipino ethnic groups under the Cross and the Crown. and promptly used the Proto-Filipinos to destroy Muslim power in the Archipelago.

However, they only triumphed versus the Northern Muslim States. The guys down south pulled every contact they knew from Malaysia and Indonesia and resisted better, with Spain finally stopping due to threats from Japan, China, and the Dutch/Anglos during the 1600s-1700s.
>>
>>1960032
I've read your post over and I've come to decide that that one was on you.
>>
Philippines has a huge ethnic variety. The people range from nearly black in skin color to as white as a European. Though the later is usually from strong European or Chinese ancestry. Or you know Japanese rape baby
>>
>>1960032
Wow sounds like she was a terrorist.
>>
>>1960079
>Chinese and Japanese
>As white as Europeans

T. Kenji Nakamura
>>
File: masahirosakurai.jpg (82KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
masahirosakurai.jpg
82KB, 672x372px
>>1960111
>T. Kenji Nakamura

Masahiro Sakurai

>What is skin tone variation in a nation
>>
>>1960111
>I believe Asians are literally yellow.
>>
>>1960079
>South East Asia has a huge ethnic variety
Fix'd that 4 you.

But basically, every nation have their own story of coming together into one identity like this>>1960034 with various success.

Probably Myanmar is the least succesfull nation in this.
>>
File: Apsara.jpg (91KB, 540x737px) Image search: [Google]
Apsara.jpg
91KB, 540x737px
>>1960133
>Probably Myanmar is the least succesfull nation in this.
Nope. Cambodia is.

Literally the most JUST Southeast Asian nation. Also the oldest.
>Used to be big Empire.
>Western provinces invaded by Tai barbarians, becomes Thailand's ancestors.
>Vietnam becomes independent and copies China by expanding south and west at the expense of Cambodians.
>1400s: Empire collapses. One of your generals creates an artificial kingdom at the expense of your Northern provinces called Lan Xang (modern day Laos).
>1500s-1800 is so bad it is called the Cambodian Dark Ages.
>Get respite from French Colonialism keeping a lid on the fucking Thais and the fucking Vietnamese.
>Frenchie is gone
>JUSTed yet again by Vietnam, Communists.
>Poorest SEAsian country alongside Laos.
>>
>>1959990
Spit out my drink
>>
>>1960032
yeah, and she hates betas like you
>>
File: Lost Izalith.jpg (237KB, 1041x586px) Image search: [Google]
Lost Izalith.jpg
237KB, 1041x586px
I'm going to Cambodia for a month in march. What /his/ things are there to do? And are there any books about Cambodian history I should read?
>>
>>1959940
they have comfy gong music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzrMoF6dbkQ
>>
>>1959940
>can't they into relevance
The reality of race
>>
>>1959940
>ywn be a lazy western journalist in 1950s steamy Saigon, writing half assed news updates so you can get a stipend to continue your life of drinking with fellow expats, smoking opium and banging your Vietnamese mistress
The Quiet American opened my eyes up to a life I never even knew I wanted
>>
>>1960425
>Cucked by an American.
>>
>>1960425
Obviously having that life is impossible, but I still consider moving to SEA as a great plan B if I can't get a fulfilling life where I live.
>>
>>1960444
This. Pataya is the dream of the betas.
>>
>>1960433
He got what he deserved
>>
>>1960446
omegas*
>be me
>be Russian Noble
>be trust fund kid
>live in Zurich
>enjoy high class ladies and hedonistic life free of worry
>>
>>1960444
It's not cool bro, living in SEA means you get what we get. Unless you want to live like those white hipsters who go off the grid muh nature only to be kidnapped by ransom groups or pirate-rebels from the wars in the Philippines.

Unless youre a trust fund babby
>>
>>1960034
There's only one muslim state up north it was seludong(which is now intramuros).

It helped a lot that the other non muslim kingdoms there already hated them
>>
Southeast Asian here.

Basically we are Indian with some more Mongoloid blood and with some cultural relics of our tribal cultures infused with Indian civilization

There's a reason they called us the "East" Indies

But I don't consider Vietnamese Southeast Asian

They are as Southeast Asian as Turks are European
>>
>>1960480
Nope.jpg.

Some of the Cagayenes, Neighboring Tondo, and Kapampangan were also Muslim. Or had considerable Muslim hegemonies at least.

BUt yeah the language groups werent really organized for one religion over the other. There were paganshit tagalogs as well as muzzie ones.
>>
>>1960478
I already live in a third world shithole so it can't be that bad.
>>
>>1960489
vietnamese are SEA, and though the culture is different, we're genetically and racially closer to them than to indians, infact we are genetically unrelated to indians at all, what are you rohingya? where do you come from?
>>
>>1960489
but Turks are europeans
>>
>>1960500
>Turks are European
Genetics say otherwise.
>>
>>1960497
>racially and genetically
culture is the primary identifier.
>>
>>1960521
we're also significantly influenced by china, we're our own entity with our unique identity, as explained best by >>1959953
just because we adopt some part of their culture doens't make us ''''basically indian''''
>>
Is femdom popular in SEA? Do they like Slavic guys?
>>
>>1960500
KEK
>>
>>1960540
No idea.
We only see Slavic girls here in SEA
One wonders what they do here desu.
>>
>>1960540
They like the BWW. Big white wallets.
>>
SEA is mostly a blend of indigenous people and a constant Chinese immigrants. India just spread Buddhism. They never significantly emigrated or mixed genetically with SEA. So I'd say they're closer genetically to Chinese but closer culturally to India.
The darker skin should just be attributed to the indigenous due to historical closeness to the equator.
SEA is appropriately relevant considering its size.
>>
>>1959940
Don't know much but in western photography they always appear prissy to me.
>>
My grandfather (Dutch) fought in the Indonesian National Revolution as a soldier from 1947-1949
>>
>>1959985
>women
>>
>>1960500
>but Turks are europeans

well meme'd
>>
>>1960225
its mostly historical tourism there so there's lot of temples and palaces site to visit but aside that, not much
don't forget to visit other countries while at it, myanmar, thailand, and vietnam also has alot of interesting historical places, and probably more entertainment too
>>
>>1961769
Really?

It was my friend's idea to go and he's exclusively interested in the partying.
>>
>>1961801
there's party but not much, same could be said for laos and myanmar, they're mostly undeveloped
better go to thailand for party
>>
>>1960171
Myanmar is the least successful at ethnic unity, he was saying. Cambodia is obviously the least successful in general, but Myanmar is the one that's been in constant ethnic civil war for decades.
>>
They give burgers inspiration for the star spangled flag.
>>
File: 4526242564.jpg (164KB, 1000x1362px) Image search: [Google]
4526242564.jpg
164KB, 1000x1362px
>>1959940
Too lewd for economic progress.
>>
>>1962413
is that ...orang bunian?
>>
>>1960500
in case you aren't pulling a right-old ruse on us, turks come from central asia, and some of them are quite proud of the distinction
>>
>>1960706
The indigenous of India and SE Asia are similar

Some Khmers look identical to Bengali

It's just that India suffered A Ryan immigration and SE Asia suffered immigration from South China mountain Asians fleeing the Chinese
>>
>>1962450

>turks come from central asia

There's a difference between where Turks came from historically and the genetic make-up of modern Turks.

Modern Turks are something of a mongrel race with more Caucasian and Middle Eastern influence than Central Asian.
>>
>>1959990

underrated
>>
File: Comp 1_00004 (Medium).jpg (363KB, 1366x622px) Image search: [Google]
Comp 1_00004 (Medium).jpg
363KB, 1366x622px
>>1959940
posting from Saigon. yes, it is that good and chilled. spend my days writing films, smoking weed, fucking and playing games with my 10/10 qt.
>>
File: 20151002_075511.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20151002_075511.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>1961801
party definetly go to: vang vieng (laos, near vn border, go down the river in donuts while you get drunk af). bangkok ofc. pattaya etc. phonm phem is full creeps bitches and drugs. saigon has a party street. but your better off spending your money going to vang vieng, then party in hanoi then spend 2days chilling in ha long bay. trust me i live here. my vietnsmese cat.
>>
So why do we call them zipperheads ?
>>
>>1962606
From the pattern left across them when run over by a tank.
>>
>>1962628
I thought it was from how they looked like their head unzipped when shot with a SAW.
>>
>>1959985
when's the last time you've seen a sea woman irl?
>>
>>1960540
If they're rich, sure.
>>
>>1962628
run over by a jeep ackshually
>>
>>1959990
?
>>
>>1959990

Like most white in SEA he's likely a sex tourist, and like most white sex tourists he's fucking a tranny or a 10 year old boy.
>>
File: 1471656165497.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471656165497.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
>>1960862
This
>>
File: World_Map_of_Y-DNA_Haplogroups.png (498KB, 3000x1900px) Image search: [Google]
World_Map_of_Y-DNA_Haplogroups.png
498KB, 3000x1900px
>>1962461
wrong
>>
File: y-haplogroups-of-the-world-map.gif (63KB, 857x583px) Image search: [Google]
y-haplogroups-of-the-world-map.gif
63KB, 857x583px
>>
>>1960019
>The Indonesians have always been a peaceful people

You do realize that "Indonesian" wasn't a thing until a certain century long war of ethnic conquest, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (478KB, 1280x1844px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
478KB, 1280x1844px
>>1960489
>Southeast Asian here.
>Basically we are Indian

U wot m8
>>
Why did buddhism failed to expand to countries which are now muslim?
>>
>>1960489
Mainland SEA(Dai + ASI + minor ANI) or Maritime SEA(Dai + Melanesian + minor "North Chinese"). ASI does not exceed 10%.

Vietnamese lack ASI,Burmese derive part of their ancestry from Southern Tibeto Burmans.
>>
>>1963245
They were Buddhist before they were Muslim so it didn't really fail to expand
>>
>>1960001
>>1963233
Indonesian here, we converted to Islam around 14th-15th century, but even then we still retain our Hindu-Buddhist culture

Infact our traditional religion is a mix of Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, and local religion, rather than pure Islam, we don't even wear hijab until 1950s, then Arabism-Saudi Wahabis came and ruin it, Malaysia history is close to us but they're more islamised

>>1960019
is this a joke?, there's always conflict, and Islam spread by peace on at the beginning
>>
File: plaosan_temple_java.jpg (232KB, 951x634px) Image search: [Google]
plaosan_temple_java.jpg
232KB, 951x634px
>>1963458
We also have Buddhist remains, some are still used today
>>
>>1960490
Double nope. they were Hinduistic animist

we actually did kept some of our old gods
>>
>>1960001
Thailand and philippines have muslims on their southern parts
>>
>>1960225
My house in Thailand is right across the boarder.

I was shocked when I went to Cambodia because it's so poor. It's like Thailand 100 years ago.

I even saw an ox carrying people on wheels
>>
>>1960111
>t. Kenji Nakamura siding with the Chinese
>what is reality?
>>
>>1960540
asian women may seem submissive and innocent, but deep down you know that they are whores
>>
>>1966993
>asian women may seem submissive and innocent, but deep down they will demand to run your house and household expenses.
ftfy.
>>
>tfw japs ruined all the fun
Way to go all splerg there, Kenji
>>
>>1967057
they know how to shape a man
>>
Indonesian here. There is no geopolitical model that Southeast Asians can use to get into relevancy without relying on outside powers.

Until our navies can match those of Japan or China, were no better off than a bunch of riceniggers.
>>
>>1967152
Singapore punches way, way above its weight.
>>
>>1967180
http://www.globalfirepower.com/countries-listing-southeast-asia.asp

Still lacked where it matters most. As I said earlier, nothing without outside influences.
>>
>>1960787
Family of minde did that as well. In fact it is quite common for a dutch person to have some relatives fighting in that war, as we literally send the biggest dutch army ever to that war.

Also it was a war on par with Vietnam in terms of its cruelty but it hardly gets any attention in mainstream media due to the fact that both nations know they did some atrocities
>>
I visited Vietnam, Thailand, and worked a few months in Cambodia. I really enjoyed it. They were all great, but I would say Vietnam is better for nature and food, that Cambodia has the best historical sites, and that Thailand has the nicest people and is the best out of these for partying.
>>
My great-grandpa was from an old noble family that seems to have been perpetually broke and pretty much relied on marrying daughters of rich industrialists to stay afloat and maintain their lifestyle.

In his 20's he invested quite a bit in Indochina, mostly in rubber farms. Ended up living there for a while. Great investment, it made him ridiculously rich. Though he managed to lose it all, in part because of the 1929 crisis but mostly because of gambling. But that's another story.

Anyway, he had dozens of bastards with Vietnamese women. But it was an open secret, he sent them a bit of money every month. Even his wife (that he married when coming back to France) knew. My grandpa helped them to move to France once we got out of there. I met some of them and their descendants, it was interesting. These women were servants, employees (or wifes of employees), a few were basically high-class prostitutes/"concubines".
>>
>>1967180
Singapore's armed forces is largely defensive.
>>
>>1967298
>pretty much relied on marrying daughters of rich industrialists to stay afloat and maintain their lifestyle.
this is my dream.
>>
File: 1472820242920.jpg (98KB, 515x311px) Image search: [Google]
1472820242920.jpg
98KB, 515x311px
>>1967697
It's still possible, there are more new rich eager to emulate traditional elites than ever, and they're ready to do anything to get that sweet, sweet nobiliary particle. Back then it was Americans who married into European nobility, nowadays in my experience it's Americans, Jews in general but sephardi ones in particular, and a few Europeboos Asians. I've had dumb rich girls get 100 times more interested in me once they saw my signet ring with my family's coat of arms on it, or once they find out that I have a "noble" surname. I'm not even a particularly great looking guy, but it gets their princess fantasies rolling to imagine that one day they could called "countess".
>>
File: 1476491497055.png (333KB, 3008x992px) Image search: [Google]
1476491497055.png
333KB, 3008x992px
>>
>>1959940
I've been fascinated by SEAn (and Tibetan) culture for a while now, probably because it's known so little, but mostly because it seems like adding Indian and Chinese toppings together goes with anything.

I'm a language nerd, so I've recently started trying to teach myself Vietnamese, but I really haven't been able to get past phonetics yet (and since it uses a Latin-based script, I really want to get that part passably correct before falling into bad habits). I picked it because having an Austroasiatic (i.e. related to Khmer) language get raped by Chinese vocabulary a la English by French can only result in something unique. Likewise for Burmese being a Sino-Tibetan language heavy into Sanskrit borrowings, so I may try to learn that next.

Meanwhile, while I'm not entertaining learning the languages just yet, I was able to learn the Thai (and Tibetan) alphabets after lots of effort. The way they're so mindbogglingly complicated makes me wish the Vietnamese had also developed their own alphabet, since stronger Chinese influences could only make theirs even worse (better). I can only imagine what a Japanese-like mish-mash Chinese characters with a Brahmi based script would have been like.
>>
>>1960034
Removing kebab is the basis of Spanish identity after all.
>>
>>1960171
>JUSTed yet again by Vietnam
I'm pretty sure Vietnam did everyone in Cambodia (and quite frankly, the world) a favor by removing the Khmer Rouge. What's more, what destabilized Cambodia was American incursion on its territory in an effort to eliminate Vietnamese supply lines during the Vietnam war, so I think the US deserves a mention too.
>>
>>1960493
>I already live in a third world shithole so it can't be that bad.
Pretty much this. If I must choose between living in a third world shit hole of a developing economy with amazing historical sites and many qts I might as well move.
>>
>>1962450
Do yourself the favor of comparing Turkey Turks with actual Turks from Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, etc.
>>
>>1969279
But what about based Cambodia
>>
File: 75465564.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
75465564.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>tfw no more qt se azn gf to hold hands with and cuddle
>>
>>1963169
>Tai-Kadai in Guandong
>Austro-Asiatic in Borneo
How does this work?

>"Negrito"
lol
>>
>>1959953
You also forgot trannies
>>
>>1967209
The Vietnam War gets attention because it marked a defining moment in American politics (i.e. the public realizing the US could be/was the "bad guy"). If it had ended after the French left, it would have been mostly forgotten aside for use as banter against the French.
>>
>>1969913

>Cucked by Siamese
>Cucked by French
>Cucked by Viets
>And Khmer rouge destroyed what history and culture that remained

So based kek

Cambodia is near my crib so I went there this summer to Angkor wat and it was soo fuckin poor
>>
File: 1467619488832.png (345KB, 320x453px) Image search: [Google]
1467619488832.png
345KB, 320x453px
>French
>Indo
>China
>>
>>1969515
Same for me, its interesting to see how SEA and Nepal-Tibetan culture are influenced by Indian and Chinese influences yet they ends up with really different and individually distinct kind of culture

It can be seen at the architectural difference between >>1960225, >>1961769, and pic related in Kathmandu, for example
>>
bumpo
>>
>>1969913
They're poor now, if it was based on the past, more countries will be included, malaysia and indonesia used to based as well

>>1969929
Its based on the origin of the genetic, and borneans are half austroasians
>>
>>1967209
My grandfather apperently had some bad traumas from the revolution. Sometimes they would find Dutch captive soldiers (often no older than 21) in an abandoned hut or cave shot dead with their nails and toes removed.

That was a torture technique the Indonesians had learned from the Japs apperently.
>>
>>1969929
>Tai-Kadai
Yue has a Tai Kadai substratum.

Sinitic speakers assimilated the local Tai Kadai/Hmong Mien speaking population.
>>
>>1971664
My grandfather told me how they conducted anti-insurgency patrols and how they would find out if men from a certain village were rebels.

He passed away this spring aged almost 90, a 92 year old veteran attended his funeral too and there aren't to many left of them.
>>
>>1971664
>>1971756
The Dutch-indonesian war was really godawful, but yeah there is not a lot of interest in it
>>
>>1972556
My Gramps actually met some of the commanders of the soldiers he fought against a few years after the war and they were surprisingly cool about the whole war thing.
>>
My gf is a 2nd generation Lao. We want to visit Laos in a couple years. Her family there lives in the middle of the jungle but we would visit Vientiane too.

What can I expect? Is it dangerous or does it have a good nightlife? Any /his/torical things to do there?
>inb4 go to cambodia

btw she's not Hmong but other than that I don't know what specific ethnicity she is
>>
The thais were chinks that got pushed out of China so they invaded some jungle niggers

Norks are chinks that got pushed out of china and became gooks. Indonesia is Indians without arabs, jungle niggers, and muslims.
>>
>>1962461
Nope.jpg.

Filipinos, Malays, and Indonesians differ from poos. You're fucking tall for one thing.
>>
>>1959940
Literally the Mexicans of Asia
>>
>>1963458
>muh arabism foreigners ruining everything baaw
Fuck off, panastak. Kejawen is heresy.
>>
>>1973330
But they ruin everything, thus you are kept dependent and inferiour to your arab masters instead of growing a spine.
Or are you implying they are in for something else rather then make you pay cash to visit the magic cube?
>>
>>1973336
Shut up. Who are you, an ulama? No? Then shut up. Say your identity so I can lock you up like that heathen Ahok.

Otherwise, you're just a paid panastak cuck.
>>
>>1972747
I was in the North for a couple of days hiking (came down from China). And in Vientiane for a day.
Didn't seem dangerous at all (although supposedly the Hmong are still weapon-hoarding). The shittiest, most degenerate tourist town got shut down. There are warnings about not participating in sex trafficking. People seem nice enough.
Lot of Frenchies. Lot of Chinese in Vientiane.
Language is a lot like southern Chinese minority languages, and in turn like Thai. Food can be great.
Extremely short term mentality. Farmers know that lending their land to the Chinese will destroy the fertility because it will be used for rubber, but they still do it.
People love hunting.
The women are generally very pretty.
Fair amount of English spoken.
>>
>>1973347
Just your average arrogant westener who is amused by the spiritual vassal of arabia which in turn needs to suck american infidel cock to keep existing to fund its puritan doctrine being defensive and proud of being in that situation.
>>
>>1973360
Then you have no say at all, unless you're a muslim.
>>
File: Traditional Filipino Weapons.jpg (268KB, 576x453px) Image search: [Google]
Traditional Filipino Weapons.jpg
268KB, 576x453px
>>1959940
They make the weapons mallninjas have now adopted and loved.

Even if most of the shit mallninjas liked were secondaries and emergency weapons for the Southeast Asians. Or utility knives like the meme "Baleesawng"
>>
>>1973376
Is ok, I got one angry reply out of you and thats enough.
>>
>>1962413
Why does this look more lewd than a completely topless woman?
>>
>>1973330
>muh heresy
Go fuck yourself with a Koran if you love it so much.

Any person who believes they can tell someone how to live their life out of a misguided sense of religious superiority deserves no respect.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>1973267
>that one guy who keeps insisting that SEA is basically India

Seriously why? not only its not true, its simply Ignorant, refer to >>1963169, >>1963189, and in the case of Indonesia there's more than one sub races, from Austroasians, Austronesians, to Australoid Melanesians

Even if you want to relate it by culture, only Sumatrans, Javans, and its few surroundings adopt Indic influenced civilisation while the rest stay tribals, even then their culture is still very different from India and more similar to Indochina
>>
>>1962413
More like this please.
>>
>>1973330
Its more of tradition than pure religion, its simmilar to shintoism where you can pray to local god and the buddha as well, only with combination of Islam, and arabism did ruin it

>>1973347
keep it civil, go to >>reddit if you want to talk about politics
>>
Judging by /ASEAN/, they're a bunch of shitposters
>>
>>1973677
>/ASEAN/
It's only Filipinos and some Indonesians and Malays. What's more, most of them are actually Chinese.
>>
>>1969960
>Muh it isn't our fault it is because of the French
>Muh we are good boys, but the evil French keep us down

You sound like an Algerian
>>
>>1973907
Did you misquote? That's obviously just a >H>R>E joke.
>>
>>1962413
>tfw you will never live in place and time filled with bare chested asian qt
>>
>>1959940
I have the same questions.

Who where the Khmers? Why did some of them get sinified so thoroughly? Where did the Thais and Burmese come from?

Is there a book with general history of the region?
>>
Going to Kuala Lumpur with the gf and her family around Christmas time, is there any cool /his/ stuff to see there? Been to Kota Kinabalu before but that's all.
>>
How did Thailand manage to avoid getting fucked by the Brits, the French, the Japanese, and gommies? That's seriously ungodly luck right there.
>>
File: 1.jpg (457KB, 1500x850px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
457KB, 1500x850px
>>1976097
/his/ wise very few, its the second best city in SEA after Singapore but its a relatively new city, the oldest thing you find there date from 18th century

Visit some museums and religious sites, some nice ones are located on outskirts, like batu caves for example
>>
>>1960079
>nearly black

Black as in dark brown via Africans, or black as in almost as dark as black Sudanese folk? Because that's black as fuck.
>>
>>1960511
>>1960563
Anatolian Turks are Greeks who've been TURK'D and are barely Asian Turkish.
>>
>>1975371
Are you sure you'd want to, anon? I'm pretty sure there's a 1-to-1 relationship between bare chested ancient Asian cuties and the likelihood of catching malaria.
>>
>>1977702
He is probably talking about the negritos when he mentioned people black in skin color
>>
>>1962875
Ladyboys and child sex slaves
>>
>>1959953
Burma is not close to India culturally. They have the traits of Southeast asian culture. Cultures close to India I think would be Bangladesh and Pakistan.
>>
>>1977579
Because it functioned as a nice neutral border between France and the UK. Also the Japs made them more or less their puppets during WW2
>>
>>1979157
>Cultures close to India I think would be Bangladesh and Pakistan.
That's literally India though. The borders are completely artificial.
>>
>>1979157
>Be Buddhist
>Not close to India culturally

The bedrock of their culture literally comes from India.
>>
>>1979530
Speaking of which, what exactly are the Chinese influences in SEA, actually? Not counting Vietnam, the most "Chinese" I see on these countries is current political and economic ties and some degree of linguistic exchange due to large Chinese communities within the region, but all of it is pretty recent as far as I know. What direct influences did China have in the region in the past?
>>
>>1959990
>>1960193
>>1960081
back to redit
>>
>>1981273
>no humor allowed
>>
>>1981255
>Food.
>FOOD.
>Silk costumes.
>Gunpowder weapons.
>Thailand has a bunch of Chinese weapons in their traditional arsenal
>Thailand can do porcelain as well.

>All of it is pretty recent
>Starting at around the 700s AD in Mainland Asia and 900s in Insular SEA.
K
>>
>>1969746
I was talking of the Secret War & Ho Chi Minh trail.
>>
File: Typical FFWF Couple.jpg (188KB, 1024x878px) Image search: [Google]
Typical FFWF Couple.jpg
188KB, 1024x878px
>>1981273
t. White person w/ """"""""exotic""""""""" Southeast Asian GF.
>>
>>1981333
what do asian gf do once they ruin their white provider? do they go back to their country?
>>
>>1981538
They tend to stay in yours.

t. Indonesian w/ Auth who married then divorced an Americunt in almost 2 years.
>>
File: tumblr_mywb7dVhdB1rnq65po1_1280.jpg (42KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mywb7dVhdB1rnq65po1_1280.jpg
42KB, 640x512px
>>1981255
Language, architecture, costumes, ceremonies, customs, painting, technologies, militaries, you name it. almost every cultural aspects though it differs by region
>>
>>1981704
Source? Only in mainland peninsula or in insular SEA too? As far as I know, the Chinese influences in Nusantara weren't that much before the colonial era. Only Zheng He being the prominent one.
>>
>>1981538
>ruin
What?
>>
>>1981730
They got CHINKED and thus outed themselves as a yellow fever beta.
>>
>>1981733
I don't understand. They got swindled?
>>
>>1981735
Yeah I think that's what anon was implying.
>>
>>1981255
Filipinos literally serve Spring Rolls and have the fucking gall to call it "Native cuisine."
>>
>>1981762
National or native?
>>
>>1981735
well yes, many western men go to SEA to party, ''fall in love'' with some local girl, then they discover that the local girl really likes the money and then they whine that the girl has left them
>>
File: pad-thai-thumb-1.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
pad-thai-thumb-1.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>>1981762
it depends whether its exact same chinese spring rolls or not, its not fair to say that SEA just replicate china, its more of the case that SEA can be seen as cultural extension of east asia and south asia.

we do adopt noodles and tofu from china for example, but we make it our own, according to local taste, just like japanese ramen and korean ramyeon are adapted from chinese lamian, and the same way europeans shared common pasta and cheese based dishes though pasta originates from italy
its proves of shared common culture, if anything
>>
>>1981729
idk much about island SEA
the influence is apparent, you don't need source just explore the general culture like arts, music, etc
>>
>>1973907
My brother-in-law is Algerian and he has no problem with the French, neither does his (massive) family.
>>
>>1982072
That guy is an idiot, don't mind him.
>>
>>1972556
Indonesia in general doesn't really care anymore. Yeah they got some leftover architecture and the only reason Jakarta isn't flooded is because of old Dutch hydro-architecture. That's pretty much it. They're pretty cool about it when compared to eternally butthurt nations all over the world - looking at you Africa.

It also helped that they immediately started a war of agression against East Timor and West Papua - which was waved off by the Americans.
>>
>>1982283
>Indonesia in general doesn't really care anymore.
There are some people interested in reviving the Indo-Dutch diaspora/ethnicity, or something ancestry like that. Sounds great though, after all the shit they supposedly went through. Although from my own experience and knowledge, a lot of them are important figures. They're part of the powerful middle and upper class, not the refugee kind of thing like in the Netherlands. A revolutionary war is a civil war, after all, so it's unsurprising that people can find Indo-Dutch on both sides. Also, the compromise after the war has ended might allow them to keep at least some of their privileges.
>>
>>1982496
As far as I know most were kicked out of the country by Sukarno somewhere in the early 50s because of his nationalization policy right?
>>
>>1982283
>looking at you Africa.
The most eternally butthurt nation of all is India, hands down. Followed closely by Venezuela and its lackeys.
>>
>>1973508
Your imagination lets you run wild with lewd thoughts
>>
File: Chariot.png (181KB, 390x225px) Image search: [Google]
Chariot.png
181KB, 390x225px
>>1959940
isolation due to terrain
china was connected to the rest of the world through the steppes and could into chariots unlike those in indochina
>>
>>1983140
The early 50s were a period of turmoil and instability. Every single special snowflake group rose and rebelled. The (cultural) nationalization policy happened in the late 50s, and during that time most Indo-Dutch have emigrated already. In 1959, the ones who hadn't chosen for the Indonesian citizenship got expelled.
>>
>>1959985
>Too busy fucking their God tier women
Confirmed for white virgin who has never seen a natural non-tranny South East Asian woman
>>
>>1984912
Also, I have to add
>In he late 50s
Here's probably what you >>1983140
mean
https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklas_Hitam
>>
>>1959940
Depends on which Southeast Asians. Thais are the blessed children of the Chakri Dynasty and the immortal sires of the Sukhothai Kingdom that ruled over Greater Siam - the first and only power to conquer the entire Indochina Peninsula atop the ruins of the fallen Khmer Empire.

Meanwhile, Indonesia:
>inferior food in general (especially compared to Thai cuisine)
>inferior martial arts (more people rightly practice Muay Thai)
>poor quality of life leading to boat people bound for Australia
>colonized by Europe but learned nothing
>dominated by worst religion (Islam)
>ugly women with awful fashion sense (even by Islamic standards)
>inferior Javanese genetics
>Jakarta is at least 20 years behind Bangkok
>non-presence in global consciousness (more people know about Bali)
>more unwelcoming to foreigners and tourists than any other Asian country
>outlawed Christmas and Valentine's Day due to Islamic paranoia
>poorly defined national identity
>flag is just Poland flipped upside down
>language is just distorted Malay

4th most populated country in the world and most people don't even know they exist. Indonesians themselves didn't even remember they had a seafaring empire until a Dutch archaeologist stumbled on some ancient ruins and started doing all the research.

You'd be hard-pressed to find a more unremarkable people.

Also Philippines:
>still named after a foreign king
>too many languages (all them shitty)
>no original culture to speak of
>weakest military in the world
>can't endure a typhoon without losing thousands
>can't recover from a typhoon even years after it hits
>literally the most dangerous place on earth for journalists (CNN and BBC both report on the Philippines using correspondents based in Bangkok)
>Catholicism (lol)
>most mongrel genetics on earth
>can't rescue hostages without killing them
>switches from humping America's leg to humping China's leg
>accent sounds like bastardized island spic
>Muslims everywhere beheading people
>>
>>1984974
Don't forget
>winning da premierl eagle
King Powah
>>
>>1984974
>Catholicism (lol)
There's nothing wrong with Catholicism that isn't wrong with all other Christian denominations desu.
>>
>>1969960
The funny thing is that this one isn't actually a misnomer.

It was indeed a region on the fringes of both India and China and it was indeed a French possession.
>>
>>1984974
>Bali
I want to go to Bali to see white women trying to get gigolos

THere is a nice kino about this

http://cowboysinparadise.com/

Synopsis

Each year, thousands of women travel to Bali in search of paradise. And many find it in the arms of Kuta Cowboys, the bronzed beach ambassadors whoʼve made the island one of the worldʼs leading destinations for female sex tourists.

COWBOYS IN PARADISE gets between the sheets of Baliʼs ʻholiday romanceʼ trade to reveal some of the islandʼs most closely-guarded secrets. The film also charts the typical trajectory of a Cowboyʼs life, from entry into beach life to his heartbreaking descent into obsolescence. By the end, the myth of paradise is shattered and the viewer is presented with a more realistic proposition: Paradise is always elsewhere.
>>
>>1984974
I thought Indonesian culture is just an island offshoot of Malay?
>>
>>1984974
>Shitposting from /int/
Dont you have some white people to obsess over, Thaicuck?
>>
>>1984974
do thai girls like east asian guys?
>>
>>1986232
If you're from Mainland China, you're gonna be automatic pussymagnet. Just pretend to be a princeling or something.
>>
>>1984933
Exactly, I meant that event, thank you
>>
>>1986254
I also like to add the curious stance on Indonesia from the perspective of some old dutch folks.
I am talking about the really old dutch people (>80 years) here, but most of them won't feel apologetic about the colonial past at all, in fact most of them will still declare 'that we did something great there' and such. The dutch have never accepted their colonial heritage as something with an inherently dark aspect. This is also the reason why we still don't speak about a colonial war when we talk about the independence war, but 'politionele acties' (literally translated: police actions). The dutch saw ( and the old people still see themselves) themselves as bringers of civilization instead of colonizers
>>
>>1969746
Can somebody explain to me why Vietnam didn't care to annex Cambodia after BTFO'ing the Khmer Rouge?

Did the Chinese invasion prevent that?
>>
>>1986296
wouldn't have been worth it in any case
>>
>>1986296
>Vietnam is Soviet Aligned.
>In the period where China and USA were buttbuddies.
>Cambo is annexed by Charlie.
>Now face both the USA and China for fear of Vietnam launching a Soviet-Sponsored domino effect in SEA.
The Sino-Vietnamese war in the late 70's was bad enough but in the border clashes that lasted up 1990, Vietnam was trashed. If they outright annexed Cambodia they would incur the United States' wrath anew.
>>
>>1985620
Indonesia have many different ethnicities, Malays being one of them, however the dominant ethnic here are the Javanese which accounts up to 60 percent of the population, Javanese are different from Malays, racially Javanese are more Austroasian while Malays are more Austronesian with slight Indian admixture, also despite being muslims, javanese culture is more Hindu-Buddhist oriented while Malay culture is much more Islamic oriented

>>1985620
>island offshoot of Malay
Quite the opposite, most major Hindu-Buddhist Malay kingdoms, like Srivijaya, is located and originated in Indonesia, also, most Peninsular Malaysian Sultanates trace their origins and are formed by settlers who originally came from Sumatra, who fled after they lost war against Javanese Majapahits
>>
File: tumblr_nn2fbeQPg11titub2o1_400.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn2fbeQPg11titub2o1_400.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>>1984974
>its the chakri shitposter guy
https://desuarchive.org/_/search/text/Chakri/
Not even gonna reply anymore, aren't you tired posting that shit everyday?
>>
I'm first-generation Khmer-American. However, I know none of the language and have never been to the country before. I haven't heard that many good things about it from my family.

>cucked by China
>cucked by Vietnam
>cucked by foreign corporations
>shitty dictator
>land eviction everywhere

feelsbadman.png
>>
File: pepemourning.jpg (87KB, 736x748px) Image search: [Google]
pepemourning.jpg
87KB, 736x748px
>>1968075
>tfw no noble french bf
y live
>>
fellow anon,
could someone tell me what would happen if pic related come to existence back in 1942?
will it prosper, or will superpower will try to divide it to smaller city-states?
what are the possibilities?
>>
>>1988280
>half of papua still part of it
Let those fuckers have the whole island.
>>
>>1986370
>Javanese are more Austroasian
[citation needed]
>>
>>1988363
>>1986370
austroasiatic and austronesian are linguistic terms. that description makes no sense.

linguistically malays and javanese are both austronesian
>>
>>1988414
Obviously, but I wanted to see some gymnastics to justify what he'd said.
>>
File: F1.large.jpg (334KB, 986x1024px) Image search: [Google]
F1.large.jpg
334KB, 986x1024px
>>1988363
>>1988414
>>1988514
Im referring to genetic origin and marksup of the region >>1963169
>>
>>1988595
To be honest, this screams of pseudo science to me, but leaving that aside, the graph itself has some problems that stop me from taking it seriously.

Why is the red group split in two around the light green group? Why is the first red group actually mostly dark red in the chart to the right? What's dark red even supposed to mean? What about white and purple? Why are Javanese on the green group if they're mostly red? Who even made this graph and what methodology did they use?
>>
>>1959940
I've seen this posted before so I'll bump the thread with it as well as while genetics are being talked about
>http://www.unz.com/gnxp/south-asians-are-not-descended-from-four-populations/
>>
>>1986265
Dutch people are stubborn and opinionated, but they're not totally wrong on that one. It is acknowledged that the civilizing programs happened in the late 19th and early 20th century. Schools for natives were allowed and opening up here and there, political parties popping up, etc.

It's not inherently dark. Why would they be salty about it? Thanks to them we got our own independence. It's even written on the school textbooks here.
>>
>>1988942
>genes are pseudoscience
I blame the American Public Education system, honestly.

His pic is from a paper that was in Science in 2009, titled "Mapping Human Genetic Diversity in Asia".

The caption for that specific figure is
>Maximum-likelihood tree of 75 populations. A hypothetical most-recent common ancestor (MRCA) composed of ancestral alleles as inferred from the genotypes of one gorilla and 21 chimpanzees was used to root the tree. Branches with bootstrap values less than 50% were condensed. Population identification numbers (IDs), sample collection locations with latitudes and longitudes, ethnicities, language spoken, and size of pop- ulation samples are shown in the table adjacent to each branch in the tree. Linguistic groups are indicated with colors as shown in the legend. All population IDs except the four HapMap samples are denoted by four characters. The first two letters indicate the country where the samples were collected or (in the case of Affymetrix) genotyped, according to the following convention: AX, Affymetrix; CN, China; ID, Indonesia; IN, India; JP, Japan; KR, Korea; MY, Malaysia; PI, the Philippines; SG, Singapore; TH, Thailand; and TW, Taiwan. The last two letters are unique IDs for the population. To the right of the table, an averaged graph of results from STRUCTURE is shown for K = 14.

I'm not a geneticist (and neither are you) so the methodology is gibberish as far as I'm concerned. I've no idea if sci-hub can be linked directly on 4chan and I don't care enough to find out but the DOI is 10.1126/science.1177074 so slap that baby into sci-hub and check the paper out if you're actually interested and aren't just nit picking autistically.
>>
>>1988942
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Y-chromosome_DNA_haplogroup
http://www.picb.ac.cn/~xushua/index.files/Publications/2009_Science_326_1541-1545.pdf
full file : science.sciencemag.org/content/326/5959/1541

As >>1989362 said
You can't dismiss genetic study, language is a very fluid category since it's always affected by socio-political change, thus its less reliable to determine racial differences by it : for example, by your definition, Papuans are categorically Austronesians just because they speak Indonesian
>>
>>1989362
>genes
It's the accuracy of naming haplotype groups, and with linguistic families at that, that I have qualms against.

I read the paper and while it does explain the graph a bit better and addresses some of the inconsistencies (like the separated "Austro-Asiatic" linguistic group at the bottom), it doesn't answer all my questions about the colors and it keeps me wondering as to why they would even try to name (some of) them at all.

What's more, without Cambodians and Vietnamese to compare, and ignoring the names given to the haplotypes unless you can give me a reason not to, the graph only shows that peninsular speakers of Austroasiatic languages (almost) constantly show a mix of the haplotypes represented by red and blue; while Javanese and Sundanese show slightly more of that "red" haplotype than Malays (but even then, it's not like the Malays are devoid of it anyway), and that Malays do indeed show consistent proportions of the haplotypes that predominate in India, but all of them have barely any "blue".

If Cambodians and Vietnamese appeared on that graph and they were mostly red, I'd say you have a point. So far, the closest evidence you have of the sort is the Mal people. Otherwise, the only claim you can make is that Javanese and Sundanese have had less admixture with Indians than the Malays.
>>
>>1989670
That wasn't quite my point, though. Of course you can't reliably use language to determine racial heritage, as languages spread more easily than genes. That makes it all the more necessary to justify the naming of a haplogroup thoroughly if you're gonna do it at all.
>>
>>1982072
A good deal of Algerians have no trouble with the French, independence didn't exactly sit well with all of them.

I have a bunch of Kabyl friends whose families are all francophiles, for instance.
>>
File: Bill_Wilson-0.jpg (79KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bill_Wilson-0.jpg
79KB, 716x768px
>>1959940
>Tell me about south east asians, who are they?

Phom Phang?
>>
>>1989715
Im just reffering by current scientific standards, as shown by wikipedia and >>1989362 obviously Im not a geneticist.
If you have more correct terms to use, do propose it, but don't expect that people will stop using the current existing one
>>
>>1959940
Southeast Asia is a region rich in getting fucked by other countries and then repeatedly fucking themselves.

Communism? Check.

Dictators? Check.

Colonial scars? Check.

Quasi-dictators? Check.

Genocide and the systematic destruction of an entire people? Check.

Regardless, there's a variety of interesting cultures spanning from Indian-Chinese to Chinese-Indian.
>>
>>1990405
It's not as fucked up as Africa tho.
>>
>>1990405
>measures an entire civilisation by its last 300 years
>>
>>1983860
While on the topic of Dutch colonies. Venezuela threatens the NL with war every couple of months because they want our ABC islands. Even going so far as to send a fleet into Curacao during the MH17 crisis, lmao
>>
>>1990445
You'd be doing Venezuela a favor if you go into war with them and depose the current corrupt government.

Then again, maybe not, and maybe the Chavista movement would shit out yet another piece of shit to break the country again. They thrive on victimhood more than a fucking sjw.
>>
>>1990421
Well Cambodia & Laos are poorer than dirt and Burma and the Philippines cannot stop being dictatorial, civil-warring shitholes.
>>
>Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore being the only OK SEA countries
What's their secret?
>>
>>1990524
chineses
>>
>>1981333
that is the only cute chink I have ever seen in one of these pics
>>
>>1988280
How? Without industrialization it would just be swallowed by colonial powers.
>>
>1950s
>Holland wanted to be a model decolonizer
>eases Indonesia into economic Independence
>REEEEEEEE WE WANT WEST PAPUA
>REEEEEEEE ALL DUTCHIES OUT
>REEEEEEEE ZWARTE SINTERKLAAS
and that is why Indonesia turned to shit
>>
>>1989351
The definitely did good things, I won't deny that. But the colonial attitude that a lot of those old people have was ( and is) that the indonesians were just savages who needed to be guided to the light by dutch civilization. Yeah, partly this might be true but a huge part of the colonial history was basically the exploitation of Indonesia by the dutch, there was no civilization argument for that, yet the dutch people don't want to be confronted with that aspect too much because it doesn't fit our national narrative of 'liberalism and tolerance, we were one of the first modern nations in the world etc'
>>
File: 005955434812278244187.jpg (147KB, 1286x886px) Image search: [Google]
005955434812278244187.jpg
147KB, 1286x886px
>>1990565
thats what you get when you pick girl from random jungle prostitute anon
>>
>>1959940
Viet here (Kinh to be exact). Our history books teach almost nothing but "WE WUZ CHINESE KICKERS AND SHEETZ". Anyway i live in the South, this part used to be belong to the Khmers (and before that, Funan) and the Chams. Our language is somehow related to Khmer (i have noted some cognates and the similar structure). Viets were ooga boogas before our ancient kingdoms get annexed by Chinese.

Also the Acehs in Indonesia are related to Chams, and Rades in Vietnam's Central Highland. I actually know one "muh heritage" Cham girl, although she can't speak the language and completely Kinh'd.
>>
>>1990580
What happened with west papua is still a grave error. Those people didn't even want independence
>>
>>1990580
which part of invading newly independent state (twice) is easing indonesia into economic independence?
>>
>>1990608
Aside from some sultanates, a lot of tribes in Nusantara (at the time the Dutch arrived) could still be considered savages. My own ethnic for example dabbled in cannibalistic rituals and considered those outside of the tribe as subhumans, only good as slaves (and the aforementioned cannibal sacrifice). Compared to that, the Dutch at the time invented modern law and adopting humanism, even though it only applied to whites of course.

Even the combined GDP of the sultanates probably wouldn't beat the Netherlands at the time. This is just pure hunch though.
>>
>>1990614
>Acehs in Indonesia are related to Chams, and Rades in Vietnam's Central Highland
thats interesting, isn't cham one of the old Indochina civilisation along with mon, pyu, and khmers, how do they get to indonesia?
>>
>>1990943
Kek they even dress like religious school students santri here
>>
>>1990825
We used to control the maritime and spice trade route, we were much more well off than we are right now, actually we're probably more richer than the dutch before their arrival, less advanced of course, but well of, and the sultanates are quite informed in term of technology, they adopt firearms, ship technology etc from their surrounding trade partners, they're probably at the same level as indochina countries. There's nothing wrong with admitting that the dutch did build alot of stuff, but also destroy alot of stuff
Are you batak btw?
>>
>>1991099
I used to think like that, but Western European proto-machinery were just too OP. Shit like windmills and so on enabled agriculture to be worked on more efficiently. It all started after the Black Death, I think. They had a lot of time, more productions, growing fresh population. Firearms, better access in steel quality (in proportion to its price in mass quantity, from Germany). The Dutch particularly was in their golden age when they first arrived here.

They built and destroy, how is it different than Mataram conflicts episode 1 or 2? Or how Majapahit conquered remnants of Srivijaya? And so on. They're just another conquerors, I don't harbor love nor hatred towards them.
>>
>>1990650
Their and the Dutch economy were still too entertwined at that point. There was no substantial native Indonesian economic infrastructure and the Dutch were not going to lose an investment of 300 years to some local pseudocommunist strongman. Besides; shit was a mess in the post war period - and the Indonesians weren't angels themselves with two wars of agression and several genocidal massacres.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
chinese jungle monkey slaves
>>
>>1990614
Do you start learning Vietnamese history in like the 2nd millennium BCE like the Wikipedia page starts?

Also, while this is completely off-topic, I must ask: What accent of Vietnamese do you consider to be more "neutral"? Hanoi, Saigon or somewhere in the center?
>>
>>1993976
Northern dialect is a most "neutral", although they still have their local slangs and pronunciation mistakes (they pronounce "n" to "l", so they actually say Hà Lội instead Hà Nội). The Southern one (the one that i speak) sounds like rednecks, people are too lazy to pronounce everything correctly. And the Central dialects are just...weird.
>>
>>1990951
That's very recently malayized Cham tho. I wonder how different Cham in Vietnam as many of them are Hindus.
>>
>>1988280
Malaysia, Singapore, and Brunei will be poor
>>
>>1959940
lost white tribe that stared at the sun too much
>>
>>1992991
>>1992993
>>1992996
>>1993003
Nice.
>>
>>1994192
Thanks. It's nice to see that such consensus is upheld even by people from the south.

I asked because I noticed some learning material for Vietnamese is actually based on the southern dialect (notably the FSI course, but also several learning channels on YouTube), which I found weird given that most sources I've found considered only the northern (Hanoi) dialect to be the standard, getting used in Vietnamese media and being the most widely understood throughout Vietnam.
>>
>>1959990
When I think of Thai women I think of one girl in particular. She was in an episode of Parts Unknown (Anthony Bourdain). She's the daughter of a couple who own a street restaurant. She's dedicated to her family and their business but she wants to be married and doesn't discriminate against white men. Cute, witty, completely unlike and superior to most of the girls I interact with where I am.

As a white male this is the kind of girl I would want to be involved with there. Not a little girl or a monkey or a tranny.
>>
I'll take this chance to bump this thread away from oblivion.

Which (regional or otherwise) powers are SEA countries more on friendly terms with? India, China, America, Japan?
>>
>>1997725
Officially we all supposed to go against China, but on the back it varies, with some being essentially Chinese vassal states while others though hates china are economically indebted to them
Vietnam is the only country who still stands up against China, Philippines goes from absolutely hating them to nearly worship them because of their new leader

All countries have good to normal relation with America, though some have bad view of them because of their history with them

Japan is seen as good investors and trading partners, though some had bad history with them like with America
>>
File: Tiiu-Kuik.jpg (171KB, 969x605px) Image search: [Google]
Tiiu-Kuik.jpg
171KB, 969x605px
>>1962413
>>1973635
>>1975371
The chick it's an Estonian model...
>>
>>1998686
Didn't Thailand arrest Chinese critics of the CCP on demand whenever they arrived to Thailand and deported them to China?
Thread posts: 256
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.