[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every time I hear about this asshole's teachings and his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: latest.png (4MB, 2560x1435px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
4MB, 2560x1435px
Every time I hear about this asshole's teachings and his contributions to eastern mindset and culture it pisses me the fuck off. Yet he seems to be revered everywhere and put on the same level as people like the Buddha and Jesus.
>why
Did he accomplish anything at all other than making one third of the planet suicidal and unable to think for themselves?
Were moonfolks any different before he came around?
>>
> civilization is bad
>>
File: THE_BIG_LEBOWSKI_SCREENSHOT_4.jpg (133KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
THE_BIG_LEBOWSKI_SCREENSHOT_4.jpg
133KB, 1000x563px
>>1957533
I fail to see how being cucked by everyone around you who might be older or richer than you is civilization
>>
>>1957525
t. LaoZi

[spoiler]It's okay, the Daoists agree with you[/spoiler]
>>
>>1957590
That's actually exactly what civilization is. How long do you think shit would last if everyone robbed and killed each other?
>>
is that pic from epic cringe battles of history (cringe)?
>>
>>1957650
Yeah. I find some of their stuff enjoyable
>>
>>1957525
anyone who studies the guy wana enlighten me and wreck my shit, or can we all agree that he's an asshat and a bag o' spooks?
>>
>>1957525
During his life and shortly after, he was actually considered a liberal. because the courts at that time were dominated by legalists who basically believed that people existed to serve the state and the state existed to expand.

What Confucius did was propose a more balanced system based on already recognized virtues and academic achievement.

the Neo-Confucians who came much later had a much more dim view of the populous and were much like the legalists of the past
>>
>>1957735

Exactly this. You either had the Legalists who were primordial totalitarians or the taoists who were primordial anarchists.
>>
>>1957525
I've hated him for a long time.

>Never innovate or change if it was good enough for your parents it's good enough for you

>Lol who needs a merchant class?

Confucius kept China from ever really achieving its potential.
>>
>>1957525
> making one third of the planet suicidal and unable to think for themselves?
This is pretty big feat to be honest, not even Stalin was that good. Just think about it.
>>
>>1959519
The fact is that in practice the merchants were right below the high gentry, and often invested in land and education, so gentry and rich merchants often came from the same family.

Of course this is something Confucius didn't account for. But disdain for merchants is hardly something unique to him, most classical societies saw them as ticks
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.