[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did colonial revolts fought in Asia, lead to more casual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: herero wars.jpg (38KB, 503x332px) Image search: [Google]
herero wars.jpg
38KB, 503x332px
Why did colonial revolts fought in Asia, lead to more casualities among colonial powers than revolts fought in Africa? Again, I know that Asians initially had better tech generally than Africans. However, what I don't understand is why Africans after decades of colonial rule didn't copy some of the tactics and weapons of their colonial rulers.

Wars fought in Asia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Lucknow
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_Rebellion

Wars fought in Africa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maji_Maji_Rebellion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herero_Wars
>>
>>1954269
Cause the Africans were small tribes compared to larger in Asia
>>
File: BoxerJingals.jpg~original.jpg (104KB, 800x587px) Image search: [Google]
BoxerJingals.jpg~original.jpg
104KB, 800x587px
>conquer African village
>neighbors barely notice, they never liked those guys anyway
>conquer Chinese village
>it's on like donkey kong
>>
>>1954269
>However, what I don't understand is why Africans after decades of colonial rule didn't copy some of the tactics and weapons of their colonial rulers.

Huge rift in technology and natives having very little to NO access to it at all. Also the tactics an organized force users WILL NOT work with a ragtag group of rebels with much less resources and access to weapons and training. That's why guerilla warfare is a thing.

>>1955181
Tribe is a shitty term because its used to describe ethnic groups in Africa from the very small to the very large with nothing to distinguish the two or in many cases arbitrary distinctions because it's so vague. Are the Oromo, the Irish or Japanese a tribe? In Africa there were many groups that were large or small that rebelled and engaged in conflict in massive fights or wars if you read up on it. Africa also has a really a low population and population density compared to Asia so death counts are pretty drastic in difference.
>>
>>1955486
Also colonial powers completely owned all trade routes inside and outside the colony and often did whatever they can to completely fuck up and ruin any local trade networks in the colony.
>>
>>1954269
The BEIC was well trained and equipped and helped by a shitload of ghazis.
>>
>>1954269
Baffles me too. The maoris fully adopted muskets in under two decades, even without significant european presence in NZ, but zulus and xhosas still fought with spears in the 1870s after 50 years of close contact with europeans

Fuck, the Iroquois in the 17th century traded fur for muskets with the French and Dutch and then proceeded to genocided their neighbours with those muskets to maintain a monopoly on the fur trade.
>>
>>1955760
Zulus and Xhosa did have access and used firearm though.Yo, did you even read into those two groups?

firearms aren't enough to win a fight.
>>
File: Officers of the Beiyang.jpg (137KB, 700x349px) Image search: [Google]
Officers of the Beiyang.jpg
137KB, 700x349px
>>1954269
Technically the Boxers was a general Chinese revolt, not an anti-collonial one.

It became anti-colonial when the Qing -unwisely- sided with the Boxers.

Fortunately for the Qing, they lost control of their military, and the modernized Chinese units like the Beiyang stood down and let the crisis remain with the Qing Court and the Boxers as opposed to starting WWI in fucking China.
>>
>>1954269

>I don't understand is why Africans after decades of colonial rule didn't copy some of the tactics and weapons of their colonial rulers.

Really? It's pretty obvious why - they were inferior and of low intelligence.
>>
File: back to pol.jpg (41KB, 600x312px) Image search: [Google]
back to pol.jpg
41KB, 600x312px
>>1955878
GBTP
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.