[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the point of 4chan to allow autists that don't actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 1478506648511.jpg (56KB, 480x596px) Image search: [Google]
1478506648511.jpg
56KB, 480x596px
Is the point of 4chan to allow autists that don't actually know that much to argue with each other over petty bullshit in order to feed their pwn egos?
>>
>>1954212
own*
>>
>>1954212
it's meant for fun, the different boards just direct the topic of said fun
>>
>>1954218
This. 4chan started being awful when the activism, ideology and taking things seriously and not only for the lulz started happening. 4chan became personal army personified.
>>
>>1954212
Honestly 4chan has made me a lot more cultured and educated. It's exposed me to a lot of things I never would have otherwise heard about.

Don't get me wrong, this place is a shithole. But ever now and then you stumble on something new that you go on to properly probe and that experience definitely accumulates over the years.
>>
>>1954244

This. Despite all the racist far right wing bullshit, it gives you a perspective as to why people think the way they think
>>
OP here You guys are right and I definitely enjoy this site over pretty much any other forum/community. There are just some trends in behavior/arguments that get really tiring after awhile. I guess my post is more pointed at a specific poster archetype that I have seen. I am not really talking about trolls either more the people who genuinely approach every conversation with hostility and feeling like every thread is an argument they need to win. I am probably just being a huge cuck though
>>
>>1954327
Generally those people are just doing it to fool around. I always take opinions that are contrary to mine because it's fun to be devil's advocate.
>>
>>1954212
Yes.
>>
>>1954212
No
>>
>>1954212
For the most part, yes. You can't expect most people to be informed.
>>
>>1954212
Yes, it's all part of a massive conspiracy to keep the masses in line. By creating 4chan, the kike commie Illuminati has been able to prevent free-thinkers and other threats to their regime from attempting to take action IRL by making them waste their time arguing about minutia online. WAKE UP SHEEPLE!
>>
>>1954327
I don't do this all the time, but I do, do it quite regularly.

My day isn't complete until I get a good 10 minutes of snorting anger over whatever I feel like starting shit about today.
>>
>>1954244
Just out of curiosity, what have you learned?

I think 4chan improved my english a lot. When i started coming here i could barely write in english.
>>
>>1954212
that would be reddit, facebook, tumblr etcetera... people on 4chan post anonymously because we want to discuss things without virtue signalling and ad hominem attacks, you are allowed to throw controversial ideas out there without being banned or someone digging it up later to use against you, the drawback is trolling, you have to remain open minded while avoiding obvious trolls

another drawback are places like /pol/ which are so overwhelmingly populated by one group that it might as well be a circlejerk
>>
>>1954932
>english
>i
>>
>>1954212

That's mostly /pol/ IMHO. There's one stormfag in a thread who thought that shit was better under appartheid, despite there being evidence that there have been steady improvements over the years.
>>
>>1954937
That's just laziness though.
>>
>>1954935

I'm pretty sure /pol/ does that too, demanding days of the rope, and muh white genocide and "I shall kill all the leftists" etc
>>
>>1954212
It's what happens, but it is not the point.

The point is actual free speech.
>>
4chan is by far the most entertaining website on the Internet. reddit is like going to a university professional engineering club with a bunch of nerds who try to impress each other. it's just not that interesting. 4chan is like if you got a bunch of pissed off people in one room and didn't allow them to leave.
>>
>>1954971
>4chan is like if you got a bunch of pissed off people in one room and didn't allow them to leave.
So like hell. Agreed.
>>
>>1954935
>people on 4chan post anonymously because we want to discuss things without ... ad hominem attacks
Spot the newfag. 4chan used to be a fuckinf free for all gauntlet where your stupid controversial and conventional ideas would be torn to shreds.
>>
>>1954976
Your post seems to reinforce what he said, anon.
>>
>>1954932
I've learned little from 4chan itself. More so I encounter something on 4chan that I'm unfamiliar with and learn about it independently. That's basically been the pattern since I was like 12 so further back into my memory the lines are quite blurred between 4chan education and real education. But many of the books I own I heard about on 4chan and wouldn't have encountered in formal education (or at least would have encountered them much later). Like Hegel, Clausewitz, Stirner or even just random obscure modern works that were only published online. /int/ shitfling contests also draw attention to parts of history that don't really get much attention in the real world like Poland-Lithuania or the Byzantines. I also think 4chan cultivates a kind of hedge rhetoric from constantly getting into and reading arguments, that might be giving too much credit though.

I also have to admit that virtually the entirety of the music I listen to I learned about from 4chan, or at least discovered in connection with something I heard about on 4chan.
>>
>>1954999
>I also have to admit that virtually the entirety of the music I listen to I learned about from 4chan, or at least discovered in connection with something I heard about on 4chan.
You had me until there. You poor creature.

>999
>>
No, it's to allow autists who know what they're talking about to argue over petty bullshit. I wish /his/ was better informed.
>>
>>1955255

*who think they know what they're talking about

FTFY
>>
>>1954231
>4chan started being awful
Say it with me: "/b/ was never good"
>>
>>1954327
It's 4chan 'culture' this is how it's done and how it's accepted to argue. You can approach every argument with the utmost confidence no matter how retarded your post might eventually become. You don't have to double check what you wrote because if it's shit or if someone completely destroys you, you can simply abandon it and pretend you've never posted it in the first place.
>>
>>1954994
His post has some merit but 4chan is like 95% ad hominem.
>>
>>1955432
It along with the rest of 4chan is worse now though
>>
>>1954212
there's no ego in 4chan since its anonymous, reddit fit that better
4chan is useful for discussing taboos stuff, or things that get you incarcerated if you talk it in public
>>
>>1954212
Yes.
t. autist who doesn't actually know that much, but argues with others over petty bullshit in order to feed his own ego
>>
>>1955518
Except gg and alright have infected 4chan with idpol
>>
>>1955146
>You poor creature.
Don't pity me, 4chan has good taste.
>>
4chan has cancer and can't be helped.
>>
>>1954212
Yes, but something about weeaboos as well.
>>
File: 1471780946989.gif (371KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1471780946989.gif
371KB, 500x375px
>>1954272
>4chan will never again be known as a radical left-wing hacktivist group aka Internet Hate Machine
>>
File: 1479060122499.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1479060122499.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>>1957676
>now it's a pseudo religious cult based around ancient Egyptian mythology and societal in-jokes
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.