[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>crossposting from /lit/ I'm currently outlining a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 7

>crossposting from /lit/

I'm currently outlining a 6-part military historical epic centered around the life of this exceptionally long-lived soldier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Thurel

While his individual exploits aren't that notable, he was a part of an incredible expanse of history, offering a worm's eye view of the decline and implosion of the French empire.

The writing style will be the literary equivalent of the Starz Spartacus series, aiming for 1/3 plot/history, 1/3 gratuitous sex, and 1/3 over-the-top violence. There will be tons of historical embellishment, since most of his life is unknown.

The first book deals with his early life and extensive peacetime training, leading up to his first actual combat at the age of 38 in which is he dramatically shot. (book 2 begins with his convalescence)

What would really set this book a part from other attempts? I'm considering including some supernatural, but in general I avoid bandwagons, and don't want to be percieved as being a part of the whole "Muskets and Magic" thing that seems to be happening right now.
>>
From what I can tell The Touraine Regiment was an elite Regiment of light infantry, similar to the the 75th Ranger Regiment of the US.

>War of Polish Sucession
>War of Austrian Sucession
>Seven Years' War
>American Revolutionary Wars

Plus some other shit, eventually redesignated as the 33rd Line Infantry.

Pretty based, for a private.
>>
Similarly, has anyone read
>pic related
It looks like it might be exceptionally dry, but there aren't many books on this specific war from what I've seen (beside the North American theater, of course.)
>>
Bumping paintings of the battle of Fontenoy
>>
>>
File: 1745 - Battle_of_FontenoyWEB.png (3MB, 1471x992px) Image search: [Google]
1745 - Battle_of_FontenoyWEB.png
3MB, 1471x992px
>>
File: 1745 - Battle-of-Fontenoy.jpg (136KB, 1280x829px) Image search: [Google]
1745 - Battle-of-Fontenoy.jpg
136KB, 1280x829px
>>
>>
File: e2b.jpg (33KB, 428x500px) Image search: [Google]
e2b.jpg
33KB, 428x500px
>>1953742
>Thurel was severely wounded in battle on two occasions. In 1733, during the siege of Kehl, he was shot in the chest with a musket, and at the battle of Minden in 1759, he received seven sword slashes, including six to the head.

>Three of his brothers were killed in the battle of Fontenoy in 1745.

>One of Thurel's sons was a corporal and a veteran in the same company; he died at the Battle of the Saintes, a naval battle that occurred on 12 April 1782 off the coast of Dominica, West Indies during the American Revolutionary War.[4]

Dem feels
Imagine having seen your three brothers and your son die in battle while you keep surviving
>>
>>1954167
That's what I find so compelling about his story. He is surrounded by so much death, first by battle, and eventually by his own longevity. He fucking outlived _everyone_.

Also interesting that his son technically outranked him, since Jean was only a private his whole career.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.