[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Russo-Japanese war was a humiliating defeat for Russians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: images-1.jpg (15KB, 183x276px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
15KB, 183x276px
>Russo-Japanese war was a humiliating defeat for Russians
This is how you know this person has little knowledge about history and warfare.
>>
>>1952673
B-but muh glorious battleship mikasa made of glorious nippon steel folded over 5903482723 times!
>>
>>1952676
My point is that militarily speaking, given the conditions, Russians fought pretty well on both land and sea.
So yeah it was politically humiliating defeat, but only because casual racism among Europeans assumed Japanese are inherently inferior opponent.
On the other hand Japanese took bad lessons from this conflict which led them to disaster in WW2.
>>
>>1952673
But it was? The thing was, Japan saw it as "WE STRONK REMOVE GAIJIN" and not "Russian military is shit", which is what led them to poke the US.
>>
File: Japanese Cavalry.jpg (45KB, 404x216px) Image search: [Google]
Japanese Cavalry.jpg
45KB, 404x216px
The whole period from the Sino-Japanese War to WWII is just one big showcase of how Japan can win wars but are total diplomatic idiots

>Sino Jap War
China loses but tugs the sleeves of colonial powers -Russia most of all- scaring them with a Japanese bogeyman taking their concessions. They believe China and Japan is limited to just taking Taiwan with no concessions in China.
>Russo-Japanese War.
Japan "wins" but Russians and again the Chinese tag America along to mediate, again limiting Japanese ambitions to fuck off from Manchuria and Chinese concessions.

>WWI
Japan sides with allies and nabs German colonies in China and in the Pacific. To counteract this, China - despite being a non-country at the time- sides with the allies as well, merely as a gesture in 1917. This puts Japan and China in the same side of WWI. In Versailles, the Chinese strategy paid off when the allies chose their side over Japan's because fuck upstart colonial powers.
>>
>>1952673
I mean the Russian Baltic fleet didn't help anybody's perception.
>>
>>1953312
Why are you putting "wins" in quotation marks?
>>
>>1953348
Misplaced. Wanted to say they git screwed over but opted to describe it.
>>
File: 0_369f2_f7fa171e_XL.jpg (44KB, 400x651px) Image search: [Google]
0_369f2_f7fa171e_XL.jpg
44KB, 400x651px
But a foolish samurai warrior, wielding a magic sword, stepped forth to oppose me
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.