[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For lack of a better term Do you think that normies think? And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1478887880810.png (674KB, 746x553px) Image search: [Google]
1478887880810.png
674KB, 746x553px
For lack of a better term
Do you think that normies think? And not in the way that they're brain dead cattle, but that they think critically about things that happen, or about themselves or what they want? All of the people I've met seem shallow and devoid of any meaning or purpose to them, just drifting from one pleasure to the next aimlessly, never thinking about how to do things better or improve themselves.
>>
>>1951511
From what i've observed, if it hampers their day-to-day activities, they'll take a stand.
So in a ways i guess they do think sometimes.
>>
File: Thinker.gif (132KB, 460x600px) Image search: [Google]
Thinker.gif
132KB, 460x600px
Most people don't think. They just like to think they do.

Just like OP.
>>
File: 1477678409117.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1477678409117.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
>>1951524
Rood
>>
When I was a functioning member of society (a healthy social life, happy, had aspirations for the future) I had a set of beliefs and values that I diverted most of my attention to. I focused on everything in front of me, and thought about other people close to me, people I liked, people I disliked, what I wanted, how I planned on getting it, etc.

When your attention's focused towards these things, it leaves very little space to think about anything else. Self-awareness is only reached when there's nothing to focus on, when you've truly isolated yourself from your enviroment, and when you still have friends, family, goals, and so on, it's very hard to rid yourself of any distractions.
>>
>>1951543
surprisingly insightful post
>>
>>1951543
Thank you anon, extremely insightful
>>
99%< of the world's population holds moral realist beliefs. most people aren't great critical thinkers, but we also don't teach people how to think critically in school. teaching mathematics instead of logic to elementary schoolers is retard-level society building.
>>
File: 1475862257522.jpg (303KB, 1999x1999px) Image search: [Google]
1475862257522.jpg
303KB, 1999x1999px
Op here, expanding further
A big thing to me is the why, mainly why you're doing something. This leads to logical steps to determine ones purpose and reason
Do normal people just never expand their thoughts beyond basic reasons?
Apologies in advance if this sounds pretentious
>>
>>1951511
you might think more than normies do but that amount of thinking is a tiny drop in the ocean in the grand scheme of things
>>
File: ovca-zivotinja-600x481.jpg (76KB, 600x481px) Image search: [Google]
ovca-zivotinja-600x481.jpg
76KB, 600x481px
>>1951511
>Do you think that normies think?

Logically, of course normies think but in my heart, I know they really aren't thinking.

I have friends that are fairly intelligent people but at the same time, they don't read anything outside of work related manuals and such and have the absolute worst taste in tv and movies.

My buddy's wife literally watches reruns of 1970s game shows, I kid you not! And he's almost as bad, only watching YouTube instructional type videos...

They can hold a conversation for a while but if it keeps going and becomes more in depth, their eyes glaze over and they either clam up or wander off to another conversation.
>>
Normies have a purpose in life

They get shit done here and now

Perfect laborers and low level service jobs

They're like animals with a reasonable semblance of self-awareness and abstract thought
>>
>>1951649
>Do normal people just never expand their thoughts beyond basic reasons?

No, why would they? If you're happy with life, why would you feel the need to question it? The only time someone decides to question their surroundings is when they're forced to. You ask why people die when a loved one passes, you ask where's god when your prayers are unanswered, you ask why the rich are rich when you have no money, and you continue to ask, seeking solutions to your problems. You don't ask why you win the lottery, and you don't ask why do you have a loving family either.

What basic reasons are you referring to anyway? Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.
>>
>>1951686
The unexamined life is not worth living
>>
>>1951686
For example, things like Why am I going to college?
The reason for most people would be to get a job, earn money, be successful
But to go beyond that, to question things like what is success, is what I'm doing going to make me actually happy, do I really want this, that's beyond the basic reasons
>>
>>1951757
They do, they just get over it and keep going because they're not subhuman morons with broken brains.
>>
>>1951757
Because they're satisfied with those things. Some people are okay with success, and financial prosperity. Some aren't. Some want more, hence the rigorous thinking.
>>
>>1951762
>>1951778
but why wouldn't they want more?
Am I autistic for not getting this?
>>
>>1951793
You're not autistic, just confused. You just have to acknowledge not everyone's you.

Different people want different things. That's all there's to it. How could a society function if everyone wanted the same things?
>>
>>1951802
>Do normies ever meditate on their mortality?
>Do normies ever question their beliefs?
>Do normies ever rationalize their existence and the world around them?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.