[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where, academically, those ideas of white privilege and structural

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 24

Where, academically, those ideas of white privilege and structural racism came from ? I'm from Europe, and have only started to hear people talk about this seriously recently. I really can't understand why some teachers would push these ideas since it basically creates more and more racial tensions.
>>
>>1947965
Conflict breeds opportunities.
People working in racism related fields don't want racial tensions to go down, rather the opposite.
Just like a professional soldier wouldn't want a war to end, just to see his job at risk, his promotion chances smashed, a return to a stricter peacetime discipline, etc., so racial studies professionals (who even if they work in academia are really more politician than teacher) don't want for emotions to cool down just to see his work getting far stricter scrutiny, less media attention, less budget from interested parties wanting a study to point at regardless of quality.
>>
Talking about racism isn't race baiting. Just because you or I have never experienced racism doesn't mean it doesn't exist, so when we do hear instances of it occurring from people who it actually effects, we should listen and take steps fix said issue.
Not talking about racism doesn't make it go away, it hides it in its corner and lets it feed upon its victim and while brinign it out in the open may often be uncomfortable it needs to be addressed
>>
As far as im aware they are just some garbage idelogues thats been posted on the internet. Havent heard any proper academic source to them. A lot of books seem to be written about it but none them seem to want to be criticized by their peers. Any proper criticism also tends to be either ignored or the criticizer gets attacked with verbal abuse. From little ive read on it, it sounds very Freudian with some nonsense about subconscious thought crimes or whatever it was called.
>>
>>1948001
Racism is inevitable in multi-cultural society where different communities cohabit, with their histories and their resistance to cultural assimilation. Political power must marginilaze racist behaviors. Instead,communities are set up against one another. Do you think those poor whites living in the suburb are happy to be called "privileged" ? And how saying the violence is black ghettos is legitimate because it's in retaliation to structural racism will help to appease the tensions ?
>>
>>1948002
Honnestly, this would be pretty reassuring, but I doubt it's true. Those students in american universities didn't come up with the ideas of "white privilege" by themselves. No matter what we think about these theories, their rhetoric clearly borrowed from marxism and is well organized.
>>
>>1948046
It seems to have more of its roots in american anti racist groups from the 70s though theres probably some influence from marxism too since they were pretty big on it too. The white privilege groups seem to be pretty big on all class divide being racial so i doupt they are proper marxists though.
>>
>>1947965
It does exist though.

What they don't mention is that one of the biggest aspects of "white privilege" is not being pulled down or disadvantaged by your own group.

>Hurrrr he getting to big for his boots, off to Uni aint he fancy
>>
>>1947965
>I really can't understand why some teachers
Post which course, what subject, course catalog, university.
>>
>>1948055
Yes Freud im sure the subconocious mind is very racist and we want to fuck our mothers too because we hate our father.
>>
>The results indicate large racial differences in callback rates to a phone line with a voice mailbox attached and a message recorded by someone of the appropriate race and gender. Job applicants with white names needed to send about 10 resumes to get one callback; those with African-American names needed to send around 15 resumes to get one callback. This would suggest either employer prejudice or employer perception that race signals lower productivity.

>The 50 percent gap in callback rates is statistically very significant, Bertrand and Mullainathan note in Are Emily and Greg More Employable than Lakisha and Jamal? A Field Experiment on Labor Market Discrimination (NBER Working Paper No. 9873). It indicates that a white name yields as many more callbacks as an additional eight years of experience. Race, the authors add, also affects the reward to having a better resume. Whites with higher quality resumes received 30 percent more callbacks than whites with lower quality resumes. But the positive impact of a better resume for those with Africa-American names was much smaller.
>>
>>1947965
Are you being oppressed, identity politics man.

Your candidate and your guys just won every branch of government, calm down there.
>>
>>1948059
Well, that's why I was making this thread, I want to know where this idea came from, what sociologist support this. I was never in an american university, I don't know how it works, but I have a hard time believing students came out with that stuff independently. Just like feminism has gone mad, I only know there is "women studies" courses. Maybe those ideas are not diffused globally, but subtly. It might not be much, the constant criticism about Eurocentrism in history is possibly part of the problem.
>>
>>1948071
I'm not american, and Trump's election just proves racial tensions are worse and worse. Many whites feel threatened, whether or not this is a reality,impoverished whites are by no mean privileged.
>>
>>1948067
But is this always related to race ? In my country, arabs are the ones who commit more crimes, but it 's not about race, but the fact they've been poorly integrated, both culturally and economically. People barely notice racism about chinese or vietnamese because they're economically integrated.
>>
>>1948078
What I am saying is SJW is no where near the power.

20% of millenials voted, 60% for hillary, 40 for Trump.

I don't see some sjw mobilization to stop Trump there.
>>
Socially racial minorities are at an advantage in getting an education and good job because of affirmative action. Because they choose to live in such demeaning cultures and play the victim has no real evidence of actual racism. They basically just played themselves.

Of course there are people that are personally racist, but there's no such thing as white privilege.
>>
>>1948001
We're not disputing racism exists we're disputing "white privilege" and "structural racism".

Blaming all Whites for racism is as bad as saying all blacks are criminals. All it does is deepen the racial divide and create an us vs them attitude.
>>
>I really can't understand why some teachers would push these ideas since it basically creates more and more racial tensions.

No. Racism creates racial tensions, and in western countries this usually favours whites. Discussing it makes you feel uncomfortable because your confirmation bias tells you to seek out information that defends your superior status, thus alleviating cognitive dissonance with concepts you implicitly accept like justice and fairness. Subconsciously or not, you're trying to make the primary victims into the offenders here. It is a typical mark of the privilege that one believes everything was fine and dandy about current social arrangements until those hopeless whiners showed up and ruined everything - because you don't experience the shit they do.
>>
>>1948149
Saying white people benefit more from racism isn't the same as saying that every white man sits around a table planning racist conspiracies. Racism is more subtle than that, just like many ingrained features of society go unnoticed by in groups. Although on 4chan people embrace it pretty fucking openly.

>that image

He's talking about the consequences of internalized racism, not saying its black people's fault. You racist fucks sure as fuck love Uncle Toms to excuse your shit.
>>
>Blacks have some rights but not equal rights
>Still a lot of (often violent) bias toward them
>Blacks get more rights
>Still bias
>Blacks get theoretically equal rights
>Still some bias toward them but this is no longer an accepted state of affairs, and anti-black sentiment is looked down upon by the majority
>Blacks are essentially equal but if you're unlucky enough to work for someone who still doesn't like blacks you won't get as far

>Blacks are equal
>Black presidents, CEOs, lawyers, cops, soldiers
>Society is still "biased" to favour whites because a majority of the population is white
>Blacks want inclusion
>Blacks slowly included
>More inclusion
>Blacks included a bit more
>This is the turning point
>Side A represents the stupid blacks, Side B represents stupid whites
>Side A believes that there can be no true representation until blacks are represented at the same level as whites, without realising this means having an over-representation of a demographic
>Group B sees integration and representation as a direct attack against THEM, and starts to REEEEEEEE
>The two sides collide and spawn group C, a group of mix-race stupid people who decide they are smarter than everyone because they can rise above this "conflict" and approach things logically
>Ease of access to the internet (aka-highly intensified media) for kids means that whatever is popular on the sites kids use is going to be popular with the youth in general
>Tumblr, facebook, twitter, youtube dominated by Group C which is slowly evolving to decide that white people are only dominant and on top because of the privilege that comes with being white, which only came to be once blacks were prevalent and represented enough to be counted as a chunk of regular society
>Kids grow up in a society in which non-whites are pandered to and treated like they're made of glass, while simultaneously being told non-whites get it harder than anyone else
>The safety net of "that's racist" saves them from most criticism
>>
>>1948420
>Subconcious
Hello Freud again, you arent relevant anymore in psychology so please stop trying. Please try to have a point without using bogus science.
>>
>>1948425
>He's talking about the consequences of internalized racism, not saying its black people's fault. You racist fucks sure as fuck love Uncle Toms to excuse your shit.
Fuck off, Tumblr
>>
>>1948452
>People having prejudices they don't have to actively think about is FREUDIAN PSEUDO-SCIENCE!

At least you didn't compare it to phrenology, I guess.
>>
>>1948420
>No. Racism creates racial tensions
Again, why some minorities, that also experienced colonization and racism are less discriminated than others ? It's not a racial problem, it's a social problem. Polish minorities were also treated like shit in the west, was this because of the anti-white racism in the west ? Obviously not. If you're talking about structural racism, well you should actually point which institutions are actually responsable of racism. Is it the schools, the justice ? I'd really like to know.
>>
>>1948425
>Some black kid in school decides to pay attention in class and do his homework
>other blacks bully him and call him white for trying to succeed, usually discouraging him and dragging him down

>some black dude points this out
>other blacks and the left bully him and call him an uncle Tom for trying to change something, usually smearing his name and dragging him down

It's almost like the problem is the complete opposite of a worldwide right wing white people's conspiracy and instead somebody else trying to perpetuate divisions and suffering through cultural manipulation in order to maintain their political power
Really makes you think
>>
>>1948462
Oh the subconcious does excist, the problem is no psychologist worth their salt would actually judge it to mean a whole lot or judge people for it because its outside peoples control. Freud would because he came up with it and all but hes been proven wrong. If psychologists dont use it to justify anything or explain anything, why would i let ideology driven morons to do so who probably arent even qualified psychologists? Modern science dont know much about the subconcious in fact, so saying anything about it is in fact probably psuedo science.
>>
>>1948420
Why do you post on /his/? How did you find 4chan? I'm serious, where do you come from?

Are you young and stupid? Or a minority who actually believes this BS? Because you're clearly not by any means an experienced poster, I can tell. You're not welcome here. You sound like satire, but I can tell you're serious. Do not post here until you have a clue about what you're talking about.
>>
>>1947965
"Low racial tensions" is just code for silence. There was little racial tension in 1850, because blacks knew they could be killed for violating spoken and unspoken racial code.

Formal analysis of structural racism began in the late 60s. Activists and academics realized that racially charged policy is much more harmful than individual and explicit acts of bigotry.
>>
>>1948149
Who's blaming all whites for racism?
>>
>>1948002
>>1948046
You guys are actually retarded.

Privilege theory is a very mainstream and expressly non-Marxist sociological model that developed in the 60s and 70s.

The current mainstream paradigm of race studies is that a racial identity endows upon the individual certain associations independent of class and gender. Some of these associations are positive, some of these associations are harmful.
>>
>>1948503
A comparatively tiny mostly-leftist political group that has a small newsworthy foothold in academia and mostly exists only on the internet and in affluent urban environments?
>>
>>1948498
>You're not welcome here.

He still has a right to state a position and defend it. If you think his argument is bs, then disprove it.
>>
>>1948478
Institutional racism involves racial prejudice in law, its enforcement, and business.

Here's a great example: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redlining
>>
>>1948498
Nigger, you haven't even been able to explain why you think he was wrong.

"But but you don't belong!" is an absolute shit argument, especially on this particular board
>>
>>1948524
>>1948512
i pick and choose my debates, i see retarded shit all day

refuting that would be like refuting a flat earther, frankly a waste of time. if you can't instantly see what a BS post that is you don't belong here either.
>>
>>1947965
Jews, theres no white people would create anti white idea systems on their own.
>>
>>1948530
Sounds like you're just being a faggot. /his/ is (ostensibly) not for retards to post smug gotchas with no attempt at argumentation. Maybe /pol/ is more your style?
>>
>>1948452
>quoting one word I said

Okay buddy.

>>1948478
Racism *is* a social problem. Racism against poles is anti-polish racism. Duh. I never said it could only be whites, but you don't really care, you just want to derail any discussion of other minorities.

>what institutions are responsible

Permeating an institution != originating from it. Trump didn't invent racism but he pretty much won on a platform of "fuck mexicans and muslims". So yeah, systematic racism is a problem you dick.

>>1948498
>you're not welcome here

I'm well aware of that bro. I don't care. This place is for free speech, not muh right wing hivemind safe space :,(

And yes, I'm from 4chan. Shocking, I know, not everyone here unanimously agrees with you, and the people who disagree aren't all from Tumblr or Reddit.
>>
>>1948425
>uncle tom
>I believe blacks should be violent mindless idiots

Liberals are the real racist after all.
>>
>>1948420
>Subconsciously or not, you're trying to make the primary victims into the offenders here.
How do i falsify your claim?
>>
>>1948489
Wow it's almost like coming from a social background with a legacy of social and economic barriers to achievement breeds tall poppy syndrome and anti-intellectualism. But of course black people's situation is totally their own doing, I mean look how much power they've had throughout American history.
>>
>>1948420
>because you don't experience the shit they do.
Once again the real reason blacks have hellish living spaces is due to them, try visiting any black majority area and NOTICE HOW THEY FUCKING FIGHT ALL THE TIME, if these psychos can do that with their barehands just imagine how much blood is shed when these maniacs use knives or guns?

The most ridiculous news articles related to crime are usually done by black such as shooting a man over kool aid.

We didnt do nothing to blacks at all, these idiots point to Black Wall Street and Luther King, but look at what the african psychopaths do NOTHING FUCKING NOTHING to improve themselves.
>>
>>1948561

How do you falsify falsifiability?
>>
>>1948489
I wasn't calling Charles Barkley an uncle tom btw. But the way you cite him is basically the same way you guys cite thomas sowell or bill cosby. Any black man who can lend a shred of credibility to your view that white people dindu nuffin.
>>
>>1948574
Forget America explain why African countries are fucking shitholes despite having a massive load of resources?
>>
>>1948577
Are wild exaggerations and sweeping general statements about hundreds of thousands of people the only way you people express yourselves? You can set better bait.
>>
>>1948578
I'll take this as admitting that your post is opinionated garbage.
There are infinite possible explanations of racism using the subconscious that are equally valid or invalid since none can be proven or refuted. Your post adds nothing at all to the discussion.
And this comes from a lefty.
>>
>>1948589
Oh fuck off you can blame white people but not blacks just kill yourself if you hate your own race this much.

I dont care how much blacks suffer back in their home lands they terrorize eachother for pure pleasure, these are deranged psychotic humans with minds that are alien to us white people that is why there is crime, destruction, and misery wherever blacks exist.
>>
>>1948561
Not every single valid mode of discussion uses scientific methodology the exact way a hypothesis does you fucking tool. Mathematics doesn't. Court cases don't. Are you even capable of everyday conversation without asking your friends for p-values? The fact that he places the agency for race tensions totally on minorities makes it blatantly clear.
>>
>>1948593
Nigga, you need grammar lessons like you need someone to have disciplined you when you were a kid.
>>
>>1948596
>The fact that he places the agency for race tensions totally on minorities
What ? On the contrary, those who produce those theories in the university are usually whites
>>
I still don't get how it manages to spread to Europe. Even if you acknowledge the existence of privilege, why would you as a native European mind that you have privilege over non-natives?
>>
>>1948596
So i should just accept your theory? What makes it superior to the infinite other possible unfalsifiable explanations?
>>
>>1948605
Because we white people are crazy, we have genetic mental illness that gives us a Samaritan complex that is the root reason why we love Cucktianity so much.
>>
>>1948605
Because equality of opportunity and liberty for everyone is a very attractive idea that was disseminated throughout all modern culture by America?
>>
>>1948530
I think you're just a sheltered faggots uncomfortable and scared by your convictions being challenged.
>>
>>1948606
His feelings make them better. You dont want to make him cry or kill himself if you disagree.
>>
>>1948535
How is identifying systemic racism anti-white?
>>
>>1948555
Nobody said that, you daft cunt
>>
>>1948617
Because according to quite a number of people on all sides of the political spectrum, whiteness is inherent to positions of power.
>>
>>1948610
Speak for yourself asshole. Even if we're both white there's still a difference between us. You belong to a group that blames themselves. If people like you self-destruct I won't miss you.
>>
>>1948611
Yes for white people only though, the founding fathers never once saw nor natives as humans and never had any intentions of ever letting live among us whites either.
>>1948617
It creates division targeted towards white people because only white people have guilt, blacks are psychopaths that feel no remorse thus they can act as racist and hateful to non blacks as they wish and still go I DINDU NUFFIN. While the niggers whine about whitey keeping them down he fails to tell how he terrorizes whitey every fucking day in America, and the nigger has no morals he doesnt give a shit about Slavery thats just something he tells stupid white cucks like you to fool you into thinking hes not attacking white people for psychotic reasons(IT FEELS GOOD).
>>
>>1948586
Having a few mines owned by foreign corporate does not a wealthy country make.

Decolonization just transformed Africa's exploitation from nationalistic to purely capitalistic.
>>
>>1948593
I don't think you've ever met somebody from Africa
>>
>>1948629
Not our fault blacks are too damn stupid to not be suckered by capitalist dickheads.
>>1948624
It is obvious something is wrong with us white people anon, we are too controlled by empathy as it appears.
>>
>>1948625
>blacks are psychopaths that feel no remorse
>it's a retarded /pol/tard vs retarded postmodern episode
>>
>>1948625
The ideas of the founding fathers haven't been translated wholesale to the establishment of today and you know it. I was merely explaining why every culture that has had significant exposure to American media shares many of America's ideals about justice and equality. America's main ideal IS equality, and great strides have been made in that direction.
>>
File: thecivilizedblackrace.png (149KB, 1283x639px) Image search: [Google]
thecivilizedblackrace.png
149KB, 1283x639px
>>1948636
Blacks are the only group of humans so psychotic they can brush aside a masscre like this. Also look at all the murder in Nigeria its the same tier as Baltimore.
>>1948645
If you think blacks feel remorse just observe how they act when they attack people, they smile and giggle like psychopaths without any mercy nor guilt. They never confess to crimes, they always lie, and even when it is proven they did it they cant comprehend how its even their fault. They are psychopaths.
>>
>>1948605
In Europe, it's really easy to see that you have benefits that some random brown immigrants do not.
>>
>>1948640
Do I appear too controlled by empathy to you?

Even if I do admit that it's a problem of "white culture", I'd rather castrate myself than admit that the problem is GENETIC or somehow inherent. No, the problem is primarily social and cultural. People are getting raised in these values that might be deeply rooted in our history, but that still doesn't make them genetic. I just don't believe that.
>>
It's literally Cultural Marxism, in the sense that it applies Marxist class dialectics to cultural issues.
>>
File: thecivilizedblacks.png (148KB, 605x636px) Image search: [Google]
thecivilizedblacks.png
148KB, 605x636px
>>1948646
Americas main ideal is freedom from British control not equality fucktard, women were never going to be allowed to vote and blacks would never live among us.
>>
>>1948649
You are making universal statements about blacks that can be refuted by a single counterexample. Do you want me to google an example of a black being remorseful, confessing, telling the truth, or admitting he was at fault?

Have you ever been out of your house or do you live in /pol/? Because even for a /pol/tard, you are particularly stupid.
>>
>>1948656
You're almost saying that they somehow deserve these benefits just for existing. In which case you can fuck off and die too.
>>
>>1948621
Nobody would argue that only whites can achieve positions of power. What people argue is that whiteness carries some social benefits.
>>
>>1948659
It is genetic as thats the only to explain it.
>I'd rather castrate myself than admit that the problem is GENETIC
DING DING, exactly you would rather live in a world where your empathy logic where humans arent slaves to their DNA is real and cant stand the idea that people are just jerks out of their control. Its a denial of human existence.
>>
>>1948662
>Cultural Marxism
Not a real thing.
http://www.academia.edu/10149049/The_Origins_and_Ideological_Function_of_Cultural_Marxism

>applies Marxist class dialectics to cultural issues
Equivalent of saying creationist darwinism.
>>
>>1948667
Don't feed the troll.
>>
>>1948667
No dont bother I dont give a fuck how many negros you show having remorse, they are vastly outnumbered by the psychopaths that is WHY BLACKS ARE THE MOST CRIMINAL RACE ON EARTH BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE MOST PSYCHOPATHS IN THEIR ENTIRE POPULATION.

Its the other way around for blacks the decent are the minority but the psychopaths are the majority.
>>
>>1947965
Fellow European who migrated to the US reporting and gotta say niggers have it easy here compared to white people, contrary to perceptions.
>>
>>1948606
Show me where he put agency on anyone other than minorities causing racial tensions. Besides that, you don't quite get what I'm saying about language analysis in regards to the applicability of a specific formalized empirical methodology in an experimental environment, but I guess science and basic reasoning are synonymous to you. Hey, while you're at it, set me up a falsifiable claim that proves the meaning of any word in the dictionary without being recursive, you fucking sperglord.
>>
>>1948676
>if I deny it exists it stops existing
Shit argument.

What the fuck do you think Marcuse was talking about?
>>
>>1948674
Alright I'm done. I don't see you doing anything to help though. Enjoy your "woe is me, I have shit genes and can do nothing about it" hell.
>>
>>1948688
Don't feed the troll.
>>
>>1948684
I don't object to the descriptive part of your post (him putting agency on minorities), i object to the useless psychological explanation. And scientific language is nominalist.

>>1948686
Did you read the paper in less than 4 minutes? You must be a genius.
>>
>>1948688
>I have shit genes and can do nothing about it" hell.
What can we do about this? Our race is so fucking insane they will do anything to keep their mindless moral madness, hence using Christianity as a rationalization as to why they shouldnt mess with genetics.

Look at this thread its nothing but whites supporting treating african jungle savages like people because THEY ARE HUMAN TOO even though blacks dont care if your are human or a rock they will still destroy you if they feel like it, BUT BUT BUT WE CAN BE BETTER THAN THEM. Again another simple minded moral reasoning that has no weight in reality because blacks dont learn their lessons they just ignore any moral aesop you teach them and continue their backwards behavior, and yet I am supposed to feel sorry for this race of disgusting evil humans because they are fucking human? No I am not, every race that has encountered blacks said the same thing about them, only whites are insane enough to try and DOMESTICATE THE AFRICAN SAVAGE.
>>1948693
Troll is liberal speak for anyone who doesnt agree with me.
>>
>>1948676
This. Marxism without the economics is like the pacific ocean without the water. Ideas about liberty and equality came from proto-French Revolution sentiment and predate marxism anyway. I don't know how liberalism is meant to be the spawn of Marxism when the former came first. Just trying to smear it by association I guess.
>>
>>1948709
Right. Both liberalism and narxism need to get extinguished.
>>
>>1948709
Everything that /pol/ dislikes is lumped into a single hated entity using some conspiracy.
>>
>>1948702
I added *subconsciously* to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong about that. Stop being a pedant. I was using it colloquially in the sense of being unintentional, not actually advocating a Freudian model like you jumped to the rabid conclusion of. Freud called it the preconscious and unconscious anyway.
>>
>>1948668
Ideally all humans would be limited only by their own personal potential
>>
>>1948721
Theres no point reasoning with you liberals you have no accountability. It is better to just kill all of you.
>>
>>1948709
> liberty

I dont see the people advocating these theories supporting say, the right to freedom of association.

They might not be marxist but they certainly are not liberal
>>
File: gramsci.gif (34KB, 214x235px) Image search: [Google]
gramsci.gif
34KB, 214x235px
>>1948709
Ok, Althusser, but it remains a fact that many thinkers, who considered themselves Marxists, sought to apply the theories of (the young) Marx, specially praxis theory, to cultural issues.

And they did end up being more successful than orthodox Marxists.
>>
>>1948734
Yeah, whatever dude. If you fantasize about killing people all day you're the degenerate with mental issues, not us.
>>
>>1948743
Don't feed the troll.
>>
File: net.jpg (13KB, 189x266px)
net.jpg
13KB, 189x266px
>>1948734
great idea, went so good last time
>>
>>1948727
Subconcious is the same as Freuds unconcsious. The new age faggots and metaphysits just renamed it subconcsious to hide the fact that its just Freuds bullshit. The main diffrence between subconcious and unconsious is that one is used by professional psychologists and the other by mystics and retards.
>>
>>1948743
>BLAH BLAH BLAH YOUR THE EVIL ONE HURR

You fuckers openly support destroying people's lives if they dont obey your madness, and you also attacked people who supported Trump and STILL DO IT, you riot when Trump won yet you call us the murderers?

Everytime you nutjobs post the information of a so called racist you actually are indirectly the cause of MURDER because we all know some black psychopaths will attack that person, and that is your real intention you want them to be hurt or brutalized for being racist, peace is alien to you liberals you are the biggest terrorist in American history.
>>1948747
See what I mean you cant reason with them they assume anything they dont agree with is trolling I notice it on youtube as well.
>>
>>1948727
It's not just that sentence, the previous one
>Discussing it makes you feel uncomfortable because your confirmation bias tells you to seek out information that defends your superior status, thus alleviating cognitive dissonance with concepts you implicitly accept like justice and fairness.
is just as bad.
I just think this kind of shit is useless. It adds nothing of value to the discussion and damages leftism.
>>
>>1948739
Such as? Most US affirmative action is voluntary for PR measures and is only mandated for companies that trade with the federal government. Other than that, you're free to discriminate in privately owned companies so long as you seek profit as is necessary in corporate capitalism. Even in cases where it does apply, it applies between applicants considered equally qualified. Hiring a less qualified minority over a white man is still illegal. But yeah, free association is reasonably limited somewhat in any society. Nobody wants cartels in the market to be a thing, except maybe ancaps.
>>
>>1948741
>And they did end up being more successful than orthodox Marxists.
Only in the special minds of /pol/tards.
>>
>>1948756
Cognitive dissonance is not some esoteric Freudian thing. If you want to have a debate on behaviorism, start another thread, mister derailing protector of leftism.
>>
>>1948757
>her than that, you're free to discriminate in privately owned companies so long as you seek profit as is necessary in corporate capitalism.

Well I dont want to sound like I am actually advocating people do this, you should under a liberal system. like the US Constitution, be able to deny people services based on race or religion. That is illegal in many situations today.
>>
>>1948420
Is all critisism on this just whites defending their privilege?
Do you think making such circle conclusions will result in a truth?

I think that it makes a difference what race you are. A black person with the name Tanisha will have a harder time the a white Person with the name Hillary. Why? Most employers are white people. Why are they?

Think of this. If black people want to have their culture lived without disadvantages resulting to other cultures, this is only reached if other cultures change. I really don't think that it is other cultures that need to change.
>>
>>1948767
I don't know what you keep alluding to freud, i never mentioned him.

It must be because you feel uncomfortable since confirmation bias tells you that anyone that anyone disagreeing with you is a positivist, thus alleviating cognitive dissonance. See how useless this shit is?
>>
>>1948678
>that is WHY BLACKS ARE THE MOST CRIMINAL RACE ON EARTH BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE MOST PSYCHOPATHS IN THEIR ENTIRE POPULATION.

Prove it
>>
>>1948769
Once a company is publicly traded it's not just *your* company to make the decisions about anymore. If you don't like AA, keep your company private and don't supply to the fed. Nobody is going to bust up your mom and pop store for passing over a minority.

>you should

Look man, liberalism is not anarchism, all liberal societies vary in their levels of social and market restrictions. I personally do not consider that right of an employer, or the consequences of such a nepotostic mindset, to be very important compared to ensuring impoverished groups can get employment for themselves if they're qualified. Go bemoan this horrible loss to muh property that goes practically unenforced anyway.
>>
>>1948149
Structural racism sis a theory, examining the upstream causes of clear statistical differences between minorities and whites in areas such as mental and physical health disease rates, prison rates, police fatality rates, education rates, poverty rates, the list goes on. There are studies for each one clearly showing a disadvantage for minorities.

There is clearly a deeper cause than individual bias, and when examined most of these statistical disparities are the result of not the individual but the situation they were born into. Structural racism is the acknowledgment that institutions of power and affluence were built by people born into that affluence (primarily whites), and are focused towards people of affluence while doing little to help people who we're not born with such fortune (minorities)

Evidence shows racial differences across the board that don't exist on an individual level, structural racism is the logical conclusion to why that is the case.
>>
>>1948809
I had you confused with another poster, then. Nevertheless, this is not really on topic. Racism is a mental state, dude, just like hostility to perceived positivism. Language is a shitty proxy but it's almost all we have to relate to thought. And no, I don't think people making unintentional logical fallacies to defend racism is *that* crazy, call me nuts.
>>
File: 1468204216701.gif (1MB, 406x449px) Image search: [Google]
1468204216701.gif
1MB, 406x449px
>>1948717

Marxism is fine.
>>
>>1948833
brocialist pls go
>>
Is it bad to choose to judge people based on what their ancestors did, what their peers do, what their parents did, instead of judging them individually, say if you are provided the choice?

I just want to understand.
>>
>>1948819
WE are not talking affirmative action though I admit I consider that unconstitutional as well. And yes there are laws which make it illegal to do what I described.

>liberalism is not anarchism,

nowhere did I advocate anarchism, miniarchism, or anything of the sort. why must any effort to restrict government power if favor of the individual be construed as an effort to abolish government?

That you do not consider a right important does not invalidate it. People crafting the Constitution and amendment talked openly about freedom of association and now courts ignore it because it is no longer convenient.

>Go bemoan this horrible loss to muh property that goes practically unenforced anyway.

No where did I imply it was a large issue in most of our lives. It was an example of the illiberal attitudes of those you advocate for these theories. I dont even think the theories are totally wrong either, just that the actions they advocate to correct the imbalances do not follow
>>
>>1948659
It is important that people believe in themselves. But if you deny genetics you denied natural laws. Genetics matter and they matter a lot. Nature doesn't care about any ideals, it's just about what survives and what not. Humans have a conscious. We may not be only genetics. It's also a culture and society that can fix a little up. But it won't make a short person tall just as it won't make a dumb person smart.
>>
>>1947965
From the undeniable fact that blacks were opnely oppressed for centuries in Europe and America. Even if you think (based on what?) that academics are exaggerating the extent to which white privilege persists, it seems ridiculous to ask "where did this all come from?"

>>1948001
Good post
>>
>>1948420
>You have your beliefs because of some secret thing happening in your mind that only I know about.

I'm anti-(anti-racism) because it fosters ressentiment and elitist navel-gazing. It's far healthier for an african in America to consider his disadvantaged stance as his own doing, for to assign the responsibility to some "white man" or some "institutionalized racism" is equivalent to admitting they have no strength in deciding their path at all.

Saying "you don't experience the shit they do" is at once a prize of destitution over glory; us Americans love our rags-to-riches tales, but are we not forgetting the 'riches' aspect? What makes a man great if he could never use his rag-wisdom to reach riches? Aren't we giving him the benefit of the doubt? If a man was born in rags, and never wished to look beyond the walls of his poverty, perhaps we could say he was never really destined for riches.
>>
>>1948067
>john smith
>shaniqua uniqua smith

Its not a difficult choice
>>
>>1948662
Nope, it's a way for sympathetic bourgie kids to explain how racism works without admitting that class society is a bad thing
>>
>>1948662
Nigger what are you talking about

You have no idea what dialectic means
>>
>>1948668
Blacks deserve every social benefit whites have.

Before you whine about how "we eeeearned those benefits", no you fucking didn't. You have no responsibility for the successes of great white individuals and do not deserve exclusive access to these benefits because you share a racial background with long-dead great whites.
>>
Is equal opportunity a racist notion?
>>
>>1948935
Not really.

On average they're "stupider" and more criminally inclined than whites.
>>
>>1948940
Its an impossible one. There can be no equal opportunity unless we all start out, equal. and while we can have something close to equality before law, true social equality is neither possible or desirable.

The best we can hope is that people try not to be asshole to people different than them and that is all we should expect
>>
>>1948947
So what?
>>
>>1948954
Those are interesting thoughts.

I asked if it's a racist notion though.
>>
>>1948958
No
>>
>>1948833
kys lol
>>
File: iq_by_race.png (87KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
iq_by_race.png
87KB, 1000x600px
>>1948961
observe right tail of distribution
>>
>tfw poor European immigrant in the US, on the same level as poor blacks or Hispanics and people have told me more than once that I have "white privilege"

I live in the ghettos of Chicago with blacks (south side) and whenever there's a shooting, those bullets don't choose their targets based on race. Next time it could be me or one of my brothers/sisters. That's white privilege, I guess.
>>
>>1948974
>poor European immigrant in the US
I bet you are eastern european
>>
>>1948967
Yeah, so? should we therefore deny the smaller percentage of minorities with high IQ's a place in academia or leadership? At the least that would be a waist of resources
>>
>>1948978
Yes, I am. That is still European, no? My EU passport seems to say so. :)
>>
>>1948979
I agree one should judge individually, if given the opportunity, I was just testing you there.
>>
>>1948983
Yes. I just know there's a lot of estern euros in chicago.

anyway, those ghettos you live in, how bad is it?
>>
>>1948957
So they shouldn't receive the same benefits as white.

I do think their schools should definitely be improved though, as well as other basic benefits, so they can proceed to other ones
>>
>>1948997
list 5 benefits that fit what you are describing
>>
>>1948997
What benefits do whites receive?
>>
File: 1428017277681.jpg (35KB, 703x703px) Image search: [Google]
1428017277681.jpg
35KB, 703x703px
>>1948967

>iq
>adequate measure of intelligence
>>
Are white women privileged?

I think yes, socially.
>>
>>1948990
Pretty bad, there was a shooting ~400 meters from our house on Thursday. Blacks fighting for drug turf control, as usual.

When we moved here, there were actually a lot more whites living here, but the area got flooded with blacks and prices decreased and there's only 1 more white family in our area.
>>
>>1949014
It measures skills that you need in a modern society, like ability of making abstractions out of logical conclusions.
>>
>>1949021
where's law enforcement
>>
>>1949022

All things you can study and learn.

Why do you think Asians do better than Whites? They study a fuckton more than White people do.
>>
>>1949014
COWABUNGA DUDE
>>
All you're going to get out of this discussion are these three "answers"

1.) From "Progressives" - There is structural racism because you're subconsciously thinking about it. (AKA the lefts Original Sin)

2.) People running around screaming Nigger Nigger Nigger.

3.) The Right Answer - The only reason African American's are doing poorly in this period is because of culture which seems to produce a high rate of father abandonment. If black families stayed together at the same rate as whites (even though whites divorce rates are pretty high, just not as high) there would be less poverty, which would help steer towards better education, less crime and etc.
>>
>>1949039
Do a IQ test. There are things that you can't learn, but for sure train to some degree.

It's just learning itself is easier for some than it is for others.
>>
>>1949038
what do you mean
>>
>>1949046
family's part of it
also they have a shitty culture, that doesn't put value on being smart, reading books etc.
>>
>>1949057
That's the American culture itself desu.
>>
>>1947965
Because they want to see more white women raped by Muslims.
>>
>>1949076
How do they benefit from this?
>>
>>1949076
This.

Trump will stop The White Genocide.
>>
>>1948974
How did you get to the US? Are you an illegal?
>>
>>1949077
Its their fetish.
>>
>>1949077
Arousal.
>>
>>1949088
>>1949087
hmmmmmmmm
>>
File: primordial soup.jpg (737KB, 950x800px) Image search: [Google]
primordial soup.jpg
737KB, 950x800px
>>1947965
>>
File: HappyTrump.jpg (258KB, 1699x1080px)
HappyTrump.jpg
258KB, 1699x1080px
>>1949081
I'm a US citizen and I voted for Trump (like every other Eastern European in America).
>>
>>1949115
>literally a pig in a wig
>>
>>1949115
тaм ли cи poдeн
>>
>>1948997
If these factors are truly biological, it's morally wrong to punish people for a handicap they cannot control.
>>
>>1949115
I'm just wondering since I'm also an East Euro immigrant but generally you need a lot of money to immigrate so I assumed you're illegal when you said you're poor.
>>
>>1948705
>anyone who doesnt agree with me.
>THEY ARE HUMAN TOO
>BUT BUT BUT WE CAN BE BETTER THAN THEM. Again another simple minded moral reasoning that has no weight in reality
So science and the fact that there are actually intelligent people of African descent are "trolls" or equivalent arguments? This is /his/ not /pol/.
>>
>>1947965
Communism.
>>
>>1949258
Parents won the visa lottery.
>>
>>1949283
Nope, capitalism
>>
>>1949273
Don't feed the troll.
>>
>>1949286
Right, fuck. Forgot that exists.
>>
>>1948420
desu minorities will always be minorities, it is in their place to become secondary citizen, and its rational for 'white privilege' to happen in western countries since it is their land

Im asian living in the west and I understand that, you'll either assimilate or perish. the same way people would think westerners are secondary people in asia, or everywhere else where immigrantion happen, its natural state of being

the very good example of this in nature is when you put a fish of different species in a pond, they either stay (assimilate), eaten (wipe out), or dominate and replace the original ecosystem (demographic change)
>>
>>1948507
>The current mainstream paradigm of race studies is that a racial identity endows upon the individual certain associations independent of class and gender. Some of these associations are positive, some of these associations are harmful.
And when it's hijacked by libtards it's all a bunch of bullshit
>>
>>1949338
>to happen in western countries since it is their land

>Australia
>North America
>Their land
lol, why are racists such hypocrites
>>
>>1949357
What bullshit?
>>
Unequal outcomes are not evidence of unequal opportunities.
>>
>>1949367
>USA
>not our land
>>
>>1949367
>he comes to /his/ and doesn't understand how conquest works

if you can't defend "your land" it isn't your land, but go ahead promote white genocide i am sure the chinese will be very happy to not only have africa but the rest of the world
>>
>>1949038
>he believes in law enforcement
when the big baddie comes for you there will be no blue man to save you in cities like chicongo, that's why the founding fathers gave us guns, we are supposed to be free
>>
>>1949069
True, but even American culture as a whole doesn't glorify criminals to the degree that the rap-influenced black subculture does.

Plus, American culture still has "the cult of science" where we tend to see our inventors as superhuman, and even if we aren't outright saying "Hey, these guys got so smart because they read books," there's kind of an implicit connection there.

I do agree, it is the culture though. I know blacks who've grown up apart from the whole mainstream black culture and done very well for it.
>>
>>1948841
Most people don't want to live in the exact same America as the founding fathers. Surprise surprise, anything will drift away from its origins over time.

>>1948894
>muh genetics

Group selection is overwhelmingly considered pseudoscience, dude.
>>
>>1950802
> Surprise surprise, anything will drift away from its origins over time.

And we have a formal process for that.
>>
>>1949046
Wow I wonder which race had the most power to shape black American culture towards poverty and away from achievement, mister Enlightened Middle Groundâ„¢.

>hurrdurr original sin analogy therefore being white isn't an unfair advantage in society
>>
I genuinely feel that racism is stupid. Both against whites, blacks etc. As for racisms origins, I can't realy say.

I'm just sick of the hate. Sick of the debunked '"""justification"""" used to hate blacks or whites or any other race and treat them as evil and inferior.

Why I even come here anymore perplexes me, because there's some uppity stormfag who whines and bitches about black people, which doesn't help considering my UNI is infested with SJW libtards.

I don't find racism appealing, or morally justified, desu.
>>
>>1949046
>>1949057
>>1949069
>>1950785

These. Single fatherhood rate combined with poverty, thug culture, shitty living conditions, health, and education is a recipe for disaster. You have to be superhuman to survive in a ghetto.
>>
>>1948420
>t. liberal arts student
>>
>>1950854
I'm a liberal arts student.

Fuck that shit.
>>
>>1948001
>not talking about Racism doesn't make it go away

I'd beg to differ.

We haven't stopped talking about racism since the concept first entered the public conscious, so I'd say it's worth a try.

Also, racism is a part of human nature and an inevitability. Therefore, it should be embraced to a moderate degree (making racist jokes etc.).
>>
>>1950950
>We haven't stopped talking about racism since the concept first entered the public conscious, so I'd say it's worth a try.
And levels of racism have decreased since then?

>Also, racism is a part of human nature and an inevitability. Therefore, it should be embraced to a moderate degree (making racist jokes etc.).
To the degree of not pooing in the loo.
>>
I enjoy my white male privilege.
>>
>>1947965
Just stop talking about racism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3cGfrExozQ
>>
>>1950962
He said stop talking about race, not stop talking about racism. You can talk about race without talking about racism in the meta sense. That's how racism traditionally works.
>>
>>1950962
Morgan freeman is an uncle tom
>>
>>1950981
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>1950981
If you're going to be a fuckhead at least try to be creative.
>>
My Khmer and Hispanic friends say the fact that I can walk and drive through our part of town and not be fucked with by police or other dangerous individuals is my white privilege
>>
>>1950962
he is 100% correct
>>
>>1950993
Sucks to be Khmer. You look Hispanic, and people treat you as such until they realize you don't speak Spanish, and then you tell them you're Khmer, Asian, and people think you're a privileged model minority East Asian because they don't realize SEA are not the same as South Asians or East Asians.
>>
Why would you want to give up your advantage in life?
>>
>>1947965
The whole idea is batshit insane and relies on the major assumption that white people are heavily biased to their own, which there is no evidence for
>>
>>1947965
>pic related
How about you take off the shackle and run on our side of the track. It's not that whites have it so much easier, it's just that we've been running the track for so long, most of us can do it with our eyes closed. I have seen nothing short of a plethora of black people that have done very well for themselves in the system that they work in, and in every case where the did well, they simply followed the rules and did what every other successful person has ever done.

To demonize white people for helping eachother through the system is literally like demonizing any other race, religion or culture for helping out it's own. We want to see eachother succeed because we would like to think other white people have similar over-arching goals as us and it is the same with any other group. Are you saying we should ban people helping other people of some similarity just in case they are providing their own group a privilege, or are you saying only whites should not be able to provide privilege to one another? One of these things is racists idealogy, the other is equivocal to faschist dictatorship. If you blow off the idea that white exclusivity is a strawman then you only support white privilege by giving us a reason to do it, and prove that you provide privilege to your own above others, making you a hypocrite.

I will not deny for a second that their are white people out there that are racists and would help out their own before others, but I will not accept that as a reason to indemnify any and all white people because of it, no more than I would put every black person in jail because some of them are criminals.
>>
Who would have guessed that from an atheistic-Darwinist academia would come anti-racism?
>>
People on 4chan and the alt right is general are actually fucking retarded.

it's like they think racism only started ring brought up because of fucking video game shit.
>>
>>1951784
But my pixel titties... women are whores by the way, they don't want us to have pixel titties because something about sexual capital or some shit, I don't even know
>>
>>1951807
It's the fucking FEMINISTS god I wish they'd FUCK ME I mean f-fuck off
>>
>>1951820
Feminists are retarded, and most of the time ugly too. I wouldn't want to fuck one of them.
>>
Privilege is mostly culture. Even poor, illiterate East Asians know the value of good education and so push their children to succeed while most Blacks choose to complain about past injustices instead.
>>
>>1952173
There's a culture of shit schools for blacks though.

Honestly, I believe in strong and hard one time affirmative action. Get everyone who is at the bottom, which should be disproportionately black, and help get them up to speed in a generation. After that, the problems should be mostly fixed. Yes, it sucked for your grandpa he was a slave, but that has no lasting effect on you or your descendants now.
>>
It's literal bullshit

There is no 'Japanese Privilege' in Japan
There is no 'Chinese Privilege' in China
There is no 'Liberian Privilage' in Liberia

It is anti-white shit, and I ignore it whenever it is bought up
>>
>>1952379
>There is no 'Japanese Privilege' in Japan
Yes there is. Ainu, Okinawans and Koreans see a lot of discrimination in Japan.

>There is no 'Chinese Privilege' in China
Yes there is. There are lots of non-Han ethnic minorities in China, notably Uyghurs and Tibetans.

I mean why would you bring up awful examples to prove your point when they don't prove your point at all. All you are doing is showing your ignorance.
>>
>>1952399
its not taught to their children and force fed to them in their media
>>
>>1952405
>if i ignore it it doesnt exist
>>
>>1952415
They should move to non-white countries
>>
>>1952445
Japanese and Chinese people already live in non-White countries.
>>
>>1952415

I believe he is trying to say that in Japan/China/Liberia people of the majority ethnicity are not taught they hold an advantage over minorities. Not really sure what this has to do with the wider ideas though.

>>1952379

Do you think "we" should emulate your examples in this regard?

>>1952185

Sure, and schools in the US are generally shitty right now. But getting your kids to study is the main thing and it's mainly a cultural thing at this point. Higher % of single-parent households makes this harder though
>>
>>1952474
>I believe he is trying to say that in Japan/China/Liberia people of the majority ethnicity are not taught they hold an advantage over minorities. Not really sure what this has to do with the wider ideas though.
I know that's what his second response was. But that's clearly not what he meant when he called it bullshit when he responded to the OP.
>>
>>1952474
>Sure, and schools in the US are generally shitty right now. But getting your kids to study is the main thing and it's mainly a cultural thing at this point. Higher % of single-parent households makes this harder though
You could do stuff like hire free tutors and run after school programs. Also indoctrinate them that doing well in school means you get money and limited financial aid instead of them having to worry about short term financial security problems. Also I've done some work at inner city schools, and no, they're really shit, it's not just studying. And they only get new teachers and experienced teachers always transfer out to nicer and whiter schools. So you end up with a viscous cycle.
>>
>>1948478
Because usually when people overcome colonisation they don't continue to live with their past oppressors in the system of law they have created. The United States is simply an internal colony, and besides what you described isn't necessarily true for external colonies either.
>>
>>1948478
Maybe because it was anti-Polish racism?
>>
>>1948530
you're just a fucking idiot. thank you for staying quiet
>>
File: 1984is2014.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1984is2014.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
>>1947965
>Where, academically, those ideas of white privilege and structural racism came from ? I'm from Europe

It literally started in Europe, with a man from my country(Norway), who started including violence into institutions(Structural violence).

This in turn spread to North-America, and now everything is included in it(intersectionality),e.g race, class, gender.

It's really a form of political subversion by the 68er generation, who got snuffed by the downfall of their precious USSR, and are now trying to create their utopia by indoctrinating people in the highest educational institutions instead, and the sad thing is they are succeeding too.
>>
>>1947965

It's been around on the fringes of academia since the 1970s, but it's only become mainstream very recently, I dont remember ever hearing about it at HS or even much at University, feels like it wasn't until maybe 2012 that you'd start hearing "privilege" "structural racism" "cis" "patriarchy" spoken about outside of some radical leftist academic circle
>>
>>1952517
Is there racism against fat people ? Or racism against rural people ?
>>
>>1952572

this desu

I studied humanities at a UK university with a hard left reputation and a specialism in cultural history but I didn't get any of this shit
>>
>>1952379
Are you joking? There absolutely is, and these inequalities are even more pronounced than in the United States.

The difference is that these societies lack a sophisticated academic tradition. This is a hard pill for liberals to swallow, but it's the truth.
>>
>>1952379
>>1952399
You're asking us to take cues from countries where war crime denial is a national sport.
>>
>>1948498
>You're not welcome here.

/his/ is not a safe space for your alt-right bullshit. Not everyone on 4chan is white. Fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>1948916
Why does Shaniqua being given a weird name by her parents signify that she's incompetent? How do you know that John Smith isn't a retard?
>>
>>1948974
Privilege in this context doesn't actually mean that your life is easy cause you're white anon. It merely means that there's certain stuff we don't have to deal with in our lives because we're white. For instance, we won't be followed around in convenience stores cause the clerk thinks we're going to steal something.

Whoever coined the term "white priviledge" should have used the term "white advantage" instead.
>>
>>1949255
>morally wrong

Sounds like a spook anon
>>
>>1949367
We conquered it, hence it's now our land. Native American tribes recognized US sovereignty via treaties that also allowed them self-government. Other nations that exist in the world today were formed from conquest and the migration of peoples that displaced the original inhabitants. So why are white nations the only nations whose legitimacy is questioned?
>>
>>1953220
In the case of Japan, there are simply no migrants, so yeah, obviously there is less racism (against the few koreans and chinese that live there). Let's face it, Europe is probably the less racist part of the world. We talk about all this structural racism, but it only exists in the first place because Europe accepted tons of migrants.
>>
>>1952379
>There is no 'Liberian Privilage' in Liberia

There is actually. The Americo-Liberians who founded Liberia have historically dominated the nation politically, economically, and socially.
>>
>>1952474
>I believe he is trying to say that in Japan/China/Liberia people of the majority ethnicity are not taught they hold an advantage over minorities.

Just because it's not taught doesn't mean it's not true. Han Chinese seriously believe that they're second-class citizens because ethnic minorities benefit from a few affirmative action policies. This is despite the fact that most minority groups are poorer than Han Chinese, Han Chinese are roughly 90% of the population, and Han Chinese control the country economically and politically.
>>
>>1947965
It's risen because people with a lot of money realized that leftism is far less dangerous when they rant about racism, then when they rant about class.
>>
>>1953392

The mechanics beneath group reputation is not some mystery. We're not suspected of shoplifting, because we're not members of a race that's deeply over-represented in shoplifting.

The stereotypes exists because when people behave negatively.
>>
>>1953340
Particularly funny considering that a healthy contingent of /pol/ users are actual commies
>>
>>1953450
>The mechanics beneath group reputation is not some mystery. We're not suspected of shoplifting, because we're not members of a race that's deeply over-represented in shoplifting.

That's not the point though. What this means is that even a black kid who studies hard and stays out of trouble is going to be viewed as a potential criminal. And if you work hard but the world still views you as a potential criminal no matter what you do, that's going to make you feel like shit.

And because we don't suffer from this stereotype, this also means that a white kid could get away with shoplifting more easily, hence why I called it "white advantage". And this stereotype can also harm innocent black people, such as when Latasha Harlins got shot to death because a shop owner assumed she was stealing. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Latasha_Harlins

So immediately judging individuals based on stereotypes and the group they belong to is a shitty thing to do.
>>
>>1948512
>If you think his argument is bs, then disprove it.
Privilege memes aren't an argument
>>
>>1948524
>is an absolute shit argument
As is memeing about nebulous privilege
>>
>>1948545
>/his/ is (ostensibly) not for retards to post smug gotchas with no attempt at argumentation.
his also isn't for privilege meme horseshit
>>
>>1948613
>I think you're just a sheltered faggots uncomfortable and scared by your convictions being challenged.
Spewing privilege bullshit is not challenging convictions
>>
>>1948546
>Trump didn't invent racism but he pretty much won on a platform of "fuck mexicans and muslims".
Citation needed. And how do you account for others who voted for him for reasons other than those? What about the latinos that voted for him?
>>
>>1948967
source please
>>
>>1953707
>his also isn't for privilege meme horseshit

See the "Humanities" at the top dipshit? That means this is the place to debate critical theory.
>>
>>1953565
But given the vast overepresentation of the black population in theft, robby, etc. can we blame small business owners for trying to protect themselves? Is this not an inherently human behavior?

I completely see your point though
>>
>>1953565
Not to mention white women.

White women get benefit of the doubt in situations they shouldn't be, especially moderately attractive white women.

White women are the most privileged group there is.
>>
>>1948503

western left wing intellectuals?
>>
File: 1287869639346supermandn.jpg (50KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1287869639346supermandn.jpg
50KB, 400x300px
>>1947965
She'll thank him for it later.
>>
>>1953733
>But given the vast overepresentation of the black population in theft, robby, etc. can we blame small business owners for trying to protect themselves? Is this not an inherently human behavior?

It is indeed human nature to generalize and stereotype. However, relying solely on stereotypes to judge individuals is lazy. To use another example, if an employer decides that they don't want to hire black people, or they discard resumes based on applicants names, then they're not putting in a lot of effort to judge individual applicants on the basis of their qualifications. Basically, while everyone generalizes groups, the right thing to do is to be mindful of stereotypes and not let them overly influence how you judge individuals.

Furthermore, people can be hypocritical in how they view stereotypes. Many white people will frequently object to how non-whites generalize whites on the basis of history and the interactions non-whites have with whites in their everyday lives, but at the same time they'll defend their right to stereotype non-whites.
>>
>>1953746
>White women get benefit of the doubt in situations they shouldn't be, especially moderately attractive white women.

Such as? Non-white women say that white women still possess white priviledge, and that white feminists are frequently dismissive of the issues non-white women experience, but white women still live in a world dominated by men.
>>
File: 1478561486101.gif (1MB, 346x261px) Image search: [Google]
1478561486101.gif
1MB, 346x261px
>>1948967
your bell curve represents phenotypic distribution upon which cultural factors load.
1.) X migrant group is from an undeveloped country where IQ is less strongly inherited (due to underdevelopment),
2.) X migrates to a first world country
3.) X underperforms due to IQ below genotypic potential.
3.) X faces academic, social, and job discrimination due to underperformance
4.) lower socioeconomic status limits access of X to cultural and technological development
5.) IQ ability to develop to genotypic potential is relatively stunted
6.) lather, rinse, repeat

Imagine you and I are running a 100 meter dash race, but I was given a ten meter head-start and your speed was limited until 2 seconds into the race. Once I reach the 50 meter mark before you, you protest "Stop. This is not fair, you had an advantage in the beginning". I respond "Ah, but I am already at 50 meters. Have you not had a chance to catch up? Out of my graciousness, I will continue to wait as you step 2 meters forward, and we shall continue the race from there". You would still not think it a fair race, as my response was not right.
>>
File: stirnerrrrrrr[1].jpg (5KB, 200x175px)
stirnerrrrrrr[1].jpg
5KB, 200x175px
>Race
I thought /his/ was better than this
>>
>>1953808
Social constructs such as race are still worth talking about even if they are spooks.
>>
>>1953800
White women live on easy mode.
>>
>>1953728
>See the "Humanities" at the top dipshit?
You defending literal SJW tier privilege bullshit/subconscious racism, botched Freud, more subconscious victim blaming bullshit and I'm a dipshit? They can post and attempt to debate it all they want. But they an you have no right to get pissy with anyone else when they call it out for pseudointellectual nonsense. Either construct your argument better that doesn't rely on libtard memes and pseudoscience or deal with getting proven wrong.
>Racism creates racial tensions, and in western countries this usually favours whites. Discussing it makes you feel uncomfortable because your confirmation bias tells you to seek out information that defends your superior status, thus alleviating cognitive dissonance with concepts you implicitly accept like justice and fairness. Subconsciously or not, you're trying to make the primary victims into the offenders here. It is a typical mark of the privilege that one believes everything was fine and dandy about current social arrangements until those hopeless whiners showed up and ruined everything - because you don't experience the shit they do.
>That means this is the place to debate critical theory.
And none of that sounding like it just got ripped out a liberal leaning texbook is critical theory.
>>
>>1953811
But all these anons seem to be talking about it like it's real. Like they actually believe there are 'blacks' and 'whites' outside their own heads
>>
A black child is born. a legacy of redlining and wage/job discrimination makes it likely that said child is born to a poor mother in a poor area. Said mother, on account of her poverty, is unlikely to eat healthily or seek out proper prenatal care. Then, this mother has to spend an inordinate time working to feed/clothe/house the child, which makes for decreased parent/child interaction, such as reading to the kid before bed, etc. summer camp or good daycare? Unlikely. Kid goes to school, but, due to the aforementioned redlining, that school is likely to be in an area with depressed property values and thus shitty schools. Higher crime areas mean that this kid becomes habituated to crime and violence at an early age, not to mention the constant stress inherent in living in a crime prone area. Of course, you're not going to know many college graduates. The successful people of color you see are athletes, rappers, and criminals. Growing up in all that, is it any wonder that by the time you're old enough to start making impactful decisions about your life, you're prone to make bad ones? Hell, even if you make the right ones, the same wage/job discrimination are pretty discouraging. I'm not saying that that situation can't be risen above, only that it requires a superhuman force of will to do so. Negritude as a negative has more to do with socio-economic factors than any inferiority in blacks. Furthermore, the culture that glorifies crime is more a response to the fact that for generations, "The system" or
'doing things the right way" have simply not worked for the black population. I'm not saying that's right, only that it's understandable.
>>
What about Latinos?

Where do they fit in this? There are more Latinos than blacks you know.
>>
>>1953818
Well, blacks are a thing as a culture in the US because of the uprooting of slavery.

White doesn't really exist as a cultural identity though.

Races are just silly.
>>
>>1952572
I'm positive that "patriarchy" and "kyriarchy" are outdated now and have all been replaced with intersectionality, and I only know of it because I sometimes listen to a college radio station and they have these PSA-ish blocks.

Of course, thinking that a majority of /his/ being humanities students, I assuimed that it would be mentioned and discussed at least more than once in the whole thread. Of course, the only mention of it is a conspiracy theory.

/his/ sure is great.
>>
>>1953840
>White doesn't really exist as a cultural identity though.
It did.
>>
>>1953813
Again, how specifically? White women are playing on easy mode in comparison to non-white women? Or white women are playing on easy mode in comparison to white men?
>>
>>1953827
Not slaves.
>>
>>1953861
both
>>
>>1953811
You have to discuss spooks to spook bust. Denying a spook exists is different from dismantling a spook.
>>
>>1953813
t. chauvinist who wants to nail qts but can't cause he's "creepy"
>>
>>1953859
it didn't, because there's no such thing as white culture and no, that doesn't mean whites don't have a culture

white people are far more culturally diverse than blacks, and you know it
>>
racism against minorities does not exist in america at all. it's all a liberal delusion to push anti-white racism marketed as anti-racism. whites and males are the most discriminated groups in the world.
>>
File: 1477471430754.jpg (6KB, 208x250px)
1477471430754.jpg
6KB, 208x250px
>>1953872
>>
>>1953880
All that anti-white delusional bullshit is self-defeating since at some point, you have to wonder why, if minorities aren't treated poorly, why are white majorities so afraid of eventually becoming a minority.
>>
Modern conservatism is just a form of tribalism.

Modern leftism is pretty much the same kind of tribalism with a thin skein of hypocrisy over the top of it.
>>
>>1953892
Because minorities hate us. They are super bitter about being inferior to whites, and if they become the majority they will destroy us. As it ever was, the civilized culture is subsumed by barbarian hordes once they become outnumbered in their own borders.
>>
>>1953892
They aren't afraid. White people do not know fear on genetic level.
>>
>>1953902
>Because minorities hate us.
Gee wondery why
>>
>>1953907
>White people do not know fear
Can't tell if this is parody or what
>>
/pol/ tards get the FUCK out of /his/

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>1953902
>As it ever was, the civilized culture is subsumed by barbarian hordes once they become outnumbered in their own borders.
just like rome

romans arent white tehee
>>
>>1953818
>>1953840
As >>1953859 points out though, white identity "did" exist for most of US history, many people still identify as white, and white identity is likely to increase as the US becomes a non-white majority nation.

This is the major problem I have with critical theory: it points out that race is a social construct, and then demands that white people stop identifying as "white". What's preventing the end of white identity is that every other race in America continues to identify with their race.

You can't demand that white people renounce their socially constructed identity while non-whites get to keep their socially constructed identities. That's not how it works. Identity politics by one group fuels identity politics in other groups. Why does the men's rights movement exist for instance? Because feminism exists.

So while race may be a social construct, the identities and ethnicities that have been formed from the concept of race will not disappear anytime soon.
>>
>>1953918
it's okay, they come here and accidentally swallow red pill antidotes
>>
>>1950854
When did it become wrong or too PC to even talk about racism in negative terms?
We're reaching toward bizzaro world in our discourse in this country.
We're working with completely different data sets and insisting ours are reality and everyone else is "delusional" or "racist" or "cucks".
>>
>>1953928
>What's preventing the end of white identity is that every other race in America continues to identify with their race.

yep, color blindness is the way to go, but minorities are too busy being minorities
>>
>>1953815
You're not "calling out" anyone's arguments, you're doing nothing but shouting /pol/tard memes and saying that no one should discuss these ideas on /his/. You're "calling out" is the equivalent of "stop liking what I don't like". So again, fuck off back to /pol/

>And none of that sounding like it just got ripped out a liberal leaning texbook is critical theory.

And this is what proves you're a dumbass who doesn't know shit. How priviledge can cause people to be blind to what marginalized people experience has been discussed by critical theory scholars for decades.
>>
>>1953908
That kinda proves his point though. Whites are afraid of becoming a minority because we fear you'll put us against the wall in the name of revenge.
>>
>>1953919
Yeah and? It's just proof that you can't allow lesser races and cultures to overwhelm the dominant race, it will literally destroy the entire civilization. This has been the case every time throughout history, there has never, ever been an instance of lesser races taking over from the dominant race and that leading to prosperity and happiness.

No good ever comes from a great empire relinquishing control to those who are too stupid and primitive to properly manage it.
>>
>>1953959
Well I can understand why minorities don't want to renounce their identities and have their culture die out cause of assimilation. But as I said, they can't expect us to renounce our racial identity while refusing to renounce theirs.
>>
File: Evola.jpg (286KB, 1024x896px) Image search: [Google]
Evola.jpg
286KB, 1024x896px
>>1948709
> I don't know how liberalism is meant to be the spawn of Marxism when the former came first. Just trying to smear it by association I guess.

Here's what Julius Evola—who is a philosopher currently in vogue with many young right wingers if you don't know—has to say about your question. I can't think of a better answer as to why many people view neo-liberalism and Marxism as two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>1954006
It's because they don't see America as "their" nation. This is the unspoken argument inherent in the culture wars. America's culture is white. It is a white nation, made by whites, for whites. In order for other races to integrate they have to adapt white values and white culture. This is why it's basically impossible for first generation immigrants from non-white cultures to assimilate. Only their children stand a chance, because they can be raised American alongside white children. Ideally they'd be raised color blind so that the next generation sees only "Americans" based on culture and values and pays no attention to skin color. That was the goal of the 90s when I was a child, that's how my parents raised me.

The current goal by leftism is to undo all of this, to drag the country back into racial unrest and to drive ever more wedges between the ethnic groups in the united states. Because ironically they are even more firm believers in racial determinism than the supposed racist conservatives. They do not believe other races can ever adopt white values and become Americans, so instead they want to tear down America and its values and rebuild it as a hodge podge of ethnic identities instead of a white nation.
>>
>>1954028
>They do not believe other races can ever adopt white values and become Americans,

completely false. leftists would reject the notion that ideas are tied to race, please try again.
>>
>>1953965
Not everything you dislike is /pol/. I still don't understand what race has to do with any of this when it's always about social classes. And yeah, guess what, rich people are privileged againt poor. The big question is how we solve those social inequalities and prevent, at our best, social reproduction. Basically, Bourdieu is more relevant to all of your bullshit here.
What did good did these racials theories accomplish ? If anything, the Blacks are in even worse conditions than they were 40 years ago in the USA and are constantly fed with those image of white people that are half-slavers, half-colons, while you keep telling white people to feel bad about their race, their privilege, their history, even though those whites have also experienced social demotion. These theories have been poisoning the west for way too long.

I'm french, I don't give a fuck about slavery, my country didn't experience segregation and had blacks in the government in the fucking 30s. I don't feel privileged and all I see is that with your bullshit, you have willingly prevented the assimilation of the second generation of migrants.
>>
>>1954028
>white values and white culture.
easily adopted by asians, indians and the like

the left isn't working towards assimilation you are right there, which is the main thing
>>
>>1954048
There's no other reason to explain why they reject color blindness. If they truly believed race is a social construct why did they so vehemently reject the plan to re-socialize children with minorities and raise them all as Americans? The rejection of that did not come from conservatives. My parents are very conservative and were happy to raise me "color blind". It was until I entered high school that I became exposed to racism, by then it was the early 00s and the pendulum had begun to swing to the leftist model of enforcing guilt on whites and increasing racial tension between ethnic groups by constantly reminding people of their hatred for whitey.
>>
>>1954050
are (some) blacks born in france french
are (some) north africans born in france french

in your opinion
>>
>>1954001
That's why when Whites stole America from the natives and shunned their way of living with the land the shitshow that has been America was guaranteed.
>>
>>1954083
Are you being facetious? I can never tell with idiot liberals.
>>
>>1954068
To be French is to be part of a specific admix of several types of people which share a language, heritage, culture and society. Outside of this group of people you aren't French regardless of citizenship. A nation is more than a state.
>>
>>1954006
The problem is that Whites don't really have an original culture just a common skin tone the whole history of whites is a patchwork of misappropriated customs from the indigenous people of the planet.
>>
>>1953357
Because that's a sign of retardation to name your child Shoshawanalananiqua
>>
>>1954028
I largely agree with what you said. I'm not sure it's accurate to say that non-whites want to "tear down America and its values". It's more accurate to say they want to dismantle white supremacy. But as I said, identity politics by one group fuels identity politics in another. So non-white identity politics will only reinforce white supremacy.

This is why the reaction following Trump's win is very worrying to me. In response to the growing strength of white identity and the suggestion by some that the Dems reach out to white voters, I'm seeing a lot of non-whites saying "Fuck off, no negotiating with Trump voters. We can't let the Dems reach out to white voters because that means we'll get thrown under a bus". So rather than question identity politics, they're doubling down on it.

I'd hate to say it, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we witness an actual race war in our lifetime.
>>
>>1954096
>The problem is that Whites don't really have an original culture just a common skin tone the whole history of whites is a patchwork of misappropriated customs from the indigenous people of the planet.

Can you cite some sources that led you to arrived at this conclusion from? Otherwise I'll just assume your a troll.
>>
>>1953880

>racism doesn't exist against minorities

Ah so I suppose all those attacks from /pol/ against Leslie Jones were all ironic then?
>>
>>1954048
>leftists would reject the notion that ideas are tied to race, please try again.

True, but they would accept the idea that white supremacy is engrained in American society and and would reject the idea that minorities have to assimilate into mainstream American culture because of that.
>>
>>1954095
im reading that as a no, and without this, it's impossible to assimilate anyone, if you;re going to treat them as an "other"
>>
>>1954110
What does "racism in America" mean to you? If you mean de jure or de facto institutionalized racism against minorities its absolutely non-existent. This is different from a bunch of White internet trolls.
>>
>>1954110
Leslie Jones is an illiterate gorilla who is probably borderline retarded. She got trolled because of the way she reacted.
>>
>>1953965
>Critical theory

There you have it.

This idea that an innate privilege exists, and any argument youngster against it gets the inevitable response of "you just can't see it" is one that can't stand on its own. It is just as likely that you are seeing things that aren't there, as critical theory tends to do to people.
>>
File: frankfurt-school-11-point-plan.jpg (59KB, 599x348px) Image search: [Google]
frankfurt-school-11-point-plan.jpg
59KB, 599x348px
hello
>>
>>1954133
>im reading that as a no, and without this, it's impossible to assimilate anyone, if you;re going to treat them as an "other"

Not really. If an Italian moved to France, spoke the French language, adopted French customs and integrated into his community he'd get along fine with everyone even if he isn't French. The same can't be said about African Muslims who don't learn the language, continue to hold the values of their homeland and concentrate into ghettos away from the greater French community.
>>
>>1954142
> mfw Rowling tried to warn us about powerful school that controls western politics
>>
>>1954050
Well that's why we should discuss critical theory, so we can point out its flaws and how it might actually be increasing racial tension. You raised a lot of good points in this post, whereas before you were just shouting how we shouldn't even discuss it.

But if you hate leftist ideas, it's still important to be well-informed of them. I'm quickly becoming alt-right, but when I see alt-right people argue with leftists, I cringe cause most of the time they're using terms wrong.

For instance, you said "I don't feel privileged". But as I explained here >>1953392 "privileged" in the context of critical theory doesn't mean your life is automatically easy. It merely means there's certain shit we don't have to deal with cause we're not minorities.
>>
>>1954142
>11 point plan
>had 13 points
>>
>>1954142
Source: your ass
>>
File: ayecarumbaoj3.jpg (56KB, 300x391px) Image search: [Google]
ayecarumbaoj3.jpg
56KB, 300x391px
>>1954007
>muh dadaism
>muh "spiritual" racism
>muh co-opting of Guénon
>muh drugs
>muh 1337 SS guard
>muh life as an idle rich
>muh chacra
>muh inspiration to terrorists
>muh abolishment of industry
>muh hand-made wheel chair
>>
>>1947965
Non-white, non-male people tend to have a harder time in a mostly white, patriarchal culture. That is not to say somebody should be treated better because they have less "privilege." Tumblr people have blown it way out of proportion, to the point that there's this active shaming of more "privileged" people. This shaming misses the point entirely. People should all be treated with the same dignity.
>>
>>1954166
>Muh non-arguments
>>
>>1954171
Under that premise, all multi-ethic, multiracial societies must inevitably go the way of the Austro-Hungarian Empire since it is an inevitable truth that the major ethnic holders have an advantage with no practical solutions that doesn't alienate or breed resentment within the ethnic majority.
>>
>>1948078
You're funny retarded

Holt shit
>>
>>1954096
>The problem is that Whites don't really have an original culture just a common skin tone the whole history of whites is a patchwork of misappropriated customs from the indigenous people of the planet.

So the culture of different European nations that was brought to the American continent doesn't count as "original culture"?

And American black people lost most of their original culture when they were forcibly brought to the US from Africa. American Black culture developed as a result of forcibly absorbing European culture (such as English and Christianity) and the experience of being enslaved.

But really, you missed the point of my post. We could argue continuously over whether or not white people have an original culture, but it's irrelevant. White nationalism being a social construct doesn't matter cause ALL nationalism is a social construct.

So you questioning the legitimacy of white identity won't make it go away, and it especially won't go away if non-whites continue to use their racial identities to organize against white people.
>>
>>1954099
So does the parents being idiots mean the child is a certain idiot? Why are you insisting on judging a person's character based on the name they were given?
>>
>>1954096
>White people with their own cultures, and their diaspora that meld in common factors as they build societies, aren't indigenous to anywhere

Wut?
>>
>>1948001
If race is a social construct, so is racism. Not talking about it will make it go away, because it must be preserved through conversation and the exchange of ideas, sort of like if no one taught psychology, it might still exist, but there wouldn't be any psychologists.
>>
>>1954193
There's interesting psychological effects in names being given. That and intelligence is inherited. Good or bad is subjective, but that's what it be, dog.
>>
>>1954136
>This idea that an innate privilege exists, and any argument youngster against it gets the inevitable response of "you just can't see it" is one that can't stand on its own.

Except you can actually test for priviledge in certain situations. Look at the results of the resume audit study detailed in >>1948067 and what it implies. "White names" are considered the default names in society and people with "white names" enjoy the priviledge of not having their resumes thrown out. "Black names" are considered deviant and so people with "black names" suffer from a greater number of job rejections.
>>
>>1954211
Damn near everything is a social construct, it doesn't denote lesser values, as so many liberals have been asserting. Human Rights is a social construct. I would also argue that race isn't a social construct so much as societies are racial constructs.
>>
>>1954216
>There's interesting psychological effects in names being given.

Can you elaborate? Now I'm interested.

I still think it's wrong to judge someone on the basis of their name. I went to grad school with a black guy named Darnell and a black girl named Janae and they were far from dumb.
>>
>>1954230
Somebody has already made the argument I would've made, in that the poorer spectrums of black society choose very awkward names that don't denote intelligence. I would like to see how many times they include "Cleetus" or "Buck" as a name on white callers and applicants.
>>
>>1954240
i think he means when you name your kid something weird it can shape them, because people are retarded and judge based on names both others and themselves

that's why people should be given random names from a pool of names, because parents are dumb
>>
>>1954230
Most middle class or rich blacks don't give such names to their children. Afro-Ebonic American names are associated with deviance because Blacks with those names are on average more deviant than people with standard English names.

If English names are favored in the job market due to supposed "White privilege" or "White supremacy" why don't I hear about companies discriminating against hiring people named Raajet or Ling?
>>
>>1954255
>Somebody has already made the argument I would've made, in that the poorer spectrums of black society choose very awkward names that don't denote intelligence. I would like to see how many times they include "Cleetus" or "Buck" as a name on white callers and applicants.

But again, what about these names is inherently unintelligent? Because they sound different? This proves my point: if white names are considered intelligence while black names are considered dumb, then that's an example of white priviledge.

And your example of Cletus and Buck helps illustrate intersectionality. Cletus and Buck have white priviledge, but because they have names that indicate they're "white trash", they don't have class priviledge. So Cletus and Buck could have their applications rejected on the basis of class rather than race. Class is still important to discuss, even if it has been pushed aside nowadays.
>>
>>1954240
Names that are associated with a certain culture, class, affluence, etc. find themselves shaping the personalities of the people with them. Sometimes It's as small as the difference between Michael and Mike, Jonathan and John, the shorter names denoting relaxed, middle intelligence, while the longer, proper forms denote affluence. A name that suggests traits are adopted into the personality, and this is seen the same way from someone reading the name. There's tons of papers on this.
>>
>>1954276
But again, taking my black classmates Darnell and Janae as an example, evidently there's people with "poor black" names who are smart enough to go to grad school. So is it fair to judge someone on the basis of their name?

>If English names are favored in the job market due to supposed "White privilege" or "White supremacy" why don't I hear about companies discriminating against hiring people named Raajet or Ling?

Well actually, Asian-Americans frequently talk about the "bamboo ceiling" where they can get entry-level jobs but are excluded from executive positions. You can also look at how Asians on average have to score 140 points higher than whites on the SAT in order to get admitted to college.
>>
>>1954283
Cletus and buck are more popular among lower income, less intelligent people's, and these are white names. It's not that white names are smarter, it's that awkward names denote that across races and classes.
>>
>>1954283
Also, please try and desperate the line between race and class with the names given. If you are saying that an awkward black name is about race, but an awkward whute name us only class, the difference depends on your own assumptions that it must be so.
>>
>>1954328
>Cletus and buck are more popular among lower income, less intelligent people

Well again, that illustrates class priviledge. Lower income=less intelligent in the eyes of society, and Cletus and Buck may find it hard to get good jobs and improve their lot cause their names brand them as "white trash".
>>
>>1954172
>implying that Bulius Ebola had any real arguments at all
>>
>>1954182
Ok, fgt! Failvilo Failcip murdered Franz Ferdinand because he had plans for a triple monarchy where the slavs would have a part. That would undermine the srfblbian nationalism.

Also USA. The Leitkultur is anglosaxon, but it is still more multicultural and stable than most failropean states. Wonder why?
>>
>>1954340
>If you are saying that an awkward black name is about race, but an awkward whute name us only class, the difference depends on your own assumptions that it must be so.

True, "awkward black names" could also indicate that a person is from a low-income family and that brings classism. So lower-income blacks suffer from both racism and classism. That's intersectionality.
>>
>>1954360
>but it is still more multicultural and stable than most failropean states

Yeah, but for how much longer though? Things look like they're going to shit pretty fast.
>>
>>1954346
I'm sure, since I don't have to tell youths these are lower class white name,but the study you should didn't give us names, so you can't say that the blacks weren't being treated on a class level either.
>>
>>1954360
More like he allowed it, but the premise still stands that multi-ethnic societies struggle and break up because of this. The best way of avoiding this is by not having multi-ethic societies.
>>
>>1954365
There's no evidence that it isn't just class.
>>
>>1954321
>But again, taking my black classmates Darnell and Janae as an example, evidently there's people with "poor black" names who are smart enough to go to grad school. So is it fair to judge someone on the basis of their name?

Life isn't fair. Darnell and Janea should give their future kids standard English names if they don't like it.

>Well actually, Asian-Americans frequently talk about the "bamboo ceiling" where they can get entry-level jobs but are excluded from executive positions.

I've known many White Americans laid off from the tech industry and replaced by Indian or Chinese immigrants. Seems more driven by profit than "White privilege." But I guess everyone but Whites can partake in the grievance industry.

>You can also look at how Asians on average have to score 140 points higher than whites on the SAT in order to get admitted to college.

If that wasn't the case Asians would dominate university student attendees.
>>
>>1954352
Platitudes in statements aren't arguments either
>>
>>1954410
>But I guess everyone but Whites can partake in the grievance industry.
OK, Trump is a terrible idea for everyone, but I admit we libs fucked up.
In fact I've been telling libs all along to let go of the little shit but folks don't listen until shit hits the fan. I know I'm just one data point. But liberals are starting to see we left a large demographic disgruntled, not knowing any better.
In elections, all parties need to allow the working class whites the equal attention we should have received.
Can we please not destroy our democracy and fuck the Earth's climate?
>>
>>1955286
>In elections, all parties need to allow the working class whites the equal attention we should have received.

Well looking at "left Twitter", it looks like anyone who is proposing the Dems reach out to white voters is being accused of "centering white supremacy", "working with racists", and "selling out people of color".

Face it sempai, the left is fucked. Join your fellow white men on the alt-right.
>>
>>1948901
best post in this entire thread honestly
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.