[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With obesity rates so high int he developed world, with the failure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: Youth programme.jpg (164KB, 620x345px) Image search: [Google]
Youth programme.jpg
164KB, 620x345px
With obesity rates so high int he developed world, with the failure of the parents to keep from irrecoverably damaging their child by making them fat as a budding youth.. Should states institute a national youth organization available for all students? What would be the best ways to socialize children? Statewide programs during summer months to get the students to large camps where they train in sports, and dieting? At what age?

After reading Alfonso Hecks account of his experience in the Hitlerjugend, I find there is a lot of appeal in youth organizations. Instead of a two semester school year, I wondered at the possibility of a three semester experience. With students in their hometown for Spring/Fall, but in the middle of summer would go off to a state camp? Or simply extend the school year into summer, with more focus on sports and recreation then.

I dunno, I have a lot of thoughts in my head right now. What does everyone else think of youth organizations?
>>
>get people to stop living in suburbs
>walking to places becomes the most convenient way to get there
>depression, obesity, and a bunch of different cancers all become less common
>>
Well the DoD considers obesity rates an actual threat to national security in the USA. So maybe. kek.

Aren't most overprotective soccer moms trying to shoehorn their children into as many team sports ad they can them to, tho?
>>
>>1943218

Would be useless. Foods are so high in calories these days that would you have to walk dozens of miles a day to burn off just one or two of the types of meals that make people obese.

Exercise is always important, but proper dieting far more so.
>>
>>1943225

Living in a walkable city helps though. NYC is one of the few cities where life expectancy is relatively high among the poor.
>>
>>1943218

That is a decent idea. People in the suburbs are too immobile. Car dependent living is what a shitty existence. Though, I dont think old cities in the U.S are properly designed for athletic living either. Too crammed, with not enough park space. Though, my experience is NYC I will admit.

>>1943221
I think sports teams are decent, but I was imagining something more comprehensive that was available to all students with a heightened focus on nutrition and actual fitness. They are decent at creating bonds though.
>>1943225
Yep. I used to be 275 lbs two years ago. I had been heavy all my life, due to parents that did not give a damn because they had become fat too as they became sedentary. Since then, I have started lifting weights and managing my diets caloric intake (Having coffee and a orange in the morning, usually a burger or some other fastfood for a late lunch, and oatmeal and tea for dinner isn't exactly healthy)

>>1943230

Having lived in Brooklyn, NYC was decent. I was still a fatfuck when I was there, but I at least walked and put my heart into a workout as I stuffed my face.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.