[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, what's the verdict on colonization ? After all these

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

So, what's the verdict on colonization ? After all these years, it still seems a bit taboo.

Obviously, Europeans created economic strctures that would always advantage them. The colonies produced for Europeans. The tentatives plans to develop the colonies didn't really work in the end. That said, post-colonial studies also showed indigenous people were also part of colonization. The colonies were loosely controlled and some ethnies profited from the colonization.
>>
the Soviet Union flooding Africa with ak 47s and giving them to every two bit warlord that said "yeah heh I really like this communism stuff I promise :^)" did more to destabilize Africa than britbongs and frogs drawing shitty borders desu
>>
Colonialism has many bad aspects yes but some good such as infrastructure building done by the colonist and better education. I've looked a lot into colonialism but I still have very mixed feelings, being a complex issue.

From the modern era of colonialism aspect:
>Best colonist
Britain
Japan (pre WW2)
>Alright
Netherlands
France
>Mixed
Italy
Germany
America
Russia
>Bad
Portugal
>Pure evil
Belgium
>>
>>1942320
women often report mind blowing orgasms during rape too
>>
>>1942320
>Best colonist
>Britain
>>
The objective best way to modernize is for the natives to so themselves, motivated by the fear of being colonized thrmselves. That there are people who think that the process actually requires conquest or that conquest is the most effective method baffles me in the wake of places like Japan, Korea, and pre-radicalized Iran.
>>
>>1942340
> Colonialism has many bad aspects yes but
> but

Britain is clearly the better colonizer of all these.
>>
>>1942305
Neo colonialism has a far more exploitative undertone to it.
Except that part where Germans and the Company of the Belgian King TM genocided the natives.
Seriously China and France own most of Africa, and have ongoing proxy conflicts.
Britain is still a major influence, but it doesn't butt in as much.
>>
>>1942369
>Britain is clearly the better colonizer of all these.
Nope.They were trash.Germans were probably the best at it
>>
>>1942416
That's why there are so many ex-German colonies now.
>>
>be British
>fuck colonization up so bad that there are still wars in the Middle East over your JUST borders

The Eternal Anglo just never quits.
>>
>>1942445
You know that has nothing to do with the administration of German colonies. Are you an Anglo, by any chance?
>>
>>1942464
The success of the USA, Canada, Australia, NZ make up for that.

>>1942466
The Germans genocided Namibian peoples. Tanganyika was a better-run colony, I'll give you that; but it does not compare to USA, Canada, NZ, etc.
>>
>>1942484
Tanzania is fairly stable today but it also spent a lot of time under British rule not just German
>>
>>1942305
I think Austria should had done more
>>
>>1942305
Should have never happened based on the bullshit thats happened today.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.