[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, as someone who is getting back into his German heritage (before

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: germans.jpg (82KB, 553x484px) Image search: [Google]
germans.jpg
82KB, 553x484px
So, as someone who is getting back into his German heritage (before you make assumptions -- I voted for Hillary), I decided to actually explore German, or Germanic, history since I only enough of it to not admit my ancestors are from Bavaria.

So two questions:
- Any basics I should start with? I can only Wikipedia or so much.
*and*
- How depressing will this history get? And how fast?
>>
>>1942114
>So, as someone who is getting back into his German heritage
Oh the cringe ._.
>>
>>1942114
>voted for Hillary
Fuck off, you piece of shit.
>>
>1/128 German here, tell me about my ancestors :DDD

Americans are so cute when they do this
>>
>>1942114
If you wanna know something about the life of your ancesters, don't look up on german history that won't be worth it, look at the town(s) the lived in or the state. I can't tell you if it's gonna be depressing or not that depends on the reason and time they moved to the Americas
>>
>>1942422
My mom's Bavarian and my dad's Ashkenazi. I assume it's going to get at least a little weird.
>>
>>1942114
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

heres a quick rundown of the basics
>>
>>1942497
there ya go opee thats bretty much all ya gotta know :-DDD
>>
File: germans.png (434KB, 1186x889px) Image search: [Google]
germans.png
434KB, 1186x889px
>>1942114
>>
File: ifthispostisdubsyouwilldietoday.jpg (77KB, 590x568px) Image search: [Google]
ifthispostisdubsyouwilldietoday.jpg
77KB, 590x568px
>>1942114
German here: Well we went from a bunch of tribes to a so called "successor of rome" with the HRE, which wasn't all that great to begin with. Then we stretched that Joke of a "Nation" for so long that we got buttfucked by the French under Napoleon. After getting rid of alot of minor states and shit, Napoleon got defeated and we germans were back on track with our shananigans. When Bismarck finally understood that it would take a united german nation to withstand stupidity from the very inside of german culture, he fucked the french back in 1870 and we formed our second "Reich" in 1871. Well, this wasn't actually that bad till Kaiser Willhelm II got on the throne and went all apeshit with his jellyness of the british fleet and started to build up a very own german fleet. Oh and he fucked up every archievement made by Bismarck in foreign politics, ending us up isolated and only with Austria-Hungary and a very loose alliance with Italy. Well, then WW1 breaks loose and after 4 years of nonsense, we lost and got butfucked again, like always. Then the interwar period happened and Hitler got into office, WW2 started and ended after 6 years with yet another defeat. Well and after that Germany was split into two countries for like 40 years till we got reunified in 1990. After that nothing spectacular happened besides Germany rising to the top European Unions country and we let alot of unregistrated refugees in during the refugee crisis of 2014- ongoing. As you can see, our history is pretty diverse, but also really frustrating because you always look at historical events which happen to affect germans in any way and just want to kill your self over how stupid alot of that was. Of course this summary is not accurate, nor is anything is stated 100 % correct, but i just tried to point out how unbelievable stupid alot of german history is.

>tl;dr german history is pretty depressing because it gets pretty stupid.
>Still a topic worth looking into tho.
>>
>>1942522
>Luther

Retard
>>
>>1942522
>(((Marx)))
>German
Next you'll be telling me Waleed Aly is Australian.
>>
>>1943173
What do you think he was? Living in London doesn't makes you british
>>
>>1942578
i bet you're a cuck who thinks Merkel is the best politician ever and that you're raising a wife's son
>>
>>1942522
Where's the cuck that built the guns for his Ottoman buttbuddies?
>>
>>1944258
Hint: It's starts with a K and ends with holohoax
>>
>>1944310
Kraut
>>
>>1944312
Another word for the same thing starts with "J" and that thing should also be made into a lampshade.
>>
>>1944266
Is thinking you're raising your wife's son some next level cuckery, or is basic English grammar not taught where you're from?
>>
>>1944319
Jerry
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.