[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you think Confucius would react to someone with a reputation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4956.jpg (505KB, 937x1088px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4956.jpg
505KB, 937x1088px
How do you think Confucius would react to someone with a reputation like Trump's becoming president?
>>
>>1939988
Depends on which point in his life we're talking about. He changed quite a bit over the years.
>>
>rulers are meant to lead by example
>everyone in America becomes a meme
>>
>muh filial loyalty
>>
I doubt Confucius would be so simple minded and non-independently thinking as to fall for media narratives.
>>
>>1939988
>Trump background: Merchant
TAKE A GOOD FUCKING GUESS....
>>
>>1940032

technically closer to landowning nobility.
>>
>>1940037
He has no pedigree nor roots in the military aristocracy nor background in scholarly-bureeaucratic training, nor ever held government office.

So this makes him a merchant and therefore belonging to the people classified under "subjects."
>>
File: Qin Shi Huangdi.jpg (145KB, 321x406px) Image search: [Google]
Qin Shi Huangdi.jpg
145KB, 321x406px
>>1939988
>"I think he'll do great. I mean, like really great. I mean look at me, he is basically like me so I think he'll serve very well. And I love walls. Let me tell you nobody builds walls as good as I do. You can ask the Xirong Barbarians that, and they're not coming in. I heard this guy likes walls. And I think he'll do fine."
>>
>>1940071
>just conscript your citizens as slave labor
>it certainly didn't lead to any revolutions
>>
>>1940076
Nah. Qin Shi Huangdi was possibly loved by the peasantry. He outlawed slavery, opened government service to everyone, and ended the wars. Corvee Labor was something a lot of people in China did either to pay off debts, aid farmers with bad harvests or the unemployed, and a productive use of imprisoned convicts. Qin wasnt the first to do this: all kingdoms did.

Much of his supposed tyranny comes from the fact that the latter dynasties are all confucian too boot (one of the people Qin Shi Huang terrorized into silence), who got to write Qin's history. In addition, the people that brought his dynasty crashing down eventually were all the assmad sons/scions/descendants of the defeated royal houses of the Chinese Kingdoms who lost their positions not to mention angry at Qin Shi Huangs virtual annihilation of the aristocratic feudal class, chief of them Xiang Yu, who was descended from Chu Kings.
>>
Confucius say, man with penis in peanut butter jar, fucking nuts
>>
In the Confucian vs Legalist debate, Legalists were in favor of expanding The Wall and garrisoning more soldiers while Confucians were the "shower barbarians with our gifts and splendor until they submit to Chinese civilization" camp. Funny how history repeats itself.
>>
>>1940000
Witnessed
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.