[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the lack of consistently and scientific claims proven wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1475360080700.jpg (105KB, 593x936px) Image search: [Google]
1475360080700.jpg
105KB, 593x936px
Does the lack of consistently and scientific claims proven wrong in religious scriptures really disprove God? I believe they were created by man for political/cultural survival purposes, but I still have that gut feeling that not necessarily God exists but the afterlife.

This can't be it. My life is 1/3 over and I haven't done shit.
>>
If you want religious answers, focus less on finding proof of a cause-effect relationship (behave this way and you'll get into the afterlife). That's just worldly thinking expanded to a larger sphere. You might as well get into transhumanism.

If you want a reason to religiously believe, start thinking about what it is about death that scares me.
>>
>>1937556

Science has disproved the historicity of the Bible, but many Christcucks still cling to their kike worship by invoking the all powerful "MUH METAPHORS".

Sadly, there's no cure for retardation.
>>
>>1937556
>My life is 1/3 over and I haven't done shit.

Embracing some sort of otherworldly something wont fix this; it'll only cause you to ignore this fact. Don't deny life.
>>
>>1937561
It's just all these religions claim God has spoken to some prophet or came to Earth in form of a human, and spread how the world works and what we should do to please God. But these things have been proven false. Assuming God is all knowing and can do what he wants, it just confirms that revelations of these religions are false, thus rendering everything about it false.

But there can still be a God. There can still be an afterlife. Do I believe in heaven and hell? No, not really, because they were created in these books that are lies. If God was truly a merciful deity, then why would he create hell? Why would God create humans destined for eternal hell fire? Why would there be disease and famine?

So how to you reasonably comprehend the after life? Is death really meaningless? I've taken care of my Grandma until she passed away of cancer. Her last few weeks it was as if she wasn't in this world. She'd always stare blankly and have conversations with herself. Then she'd say she was talking to her Sister or Mother. She had no comprehension of reality and was impossible to talk to. She didn't have any brain disease or anything. How do you explain this? Is it just a thing we do naturally to cope with death, or does it have meaning?
>>
>>1937556

You are your body. If I poke you in the brain, I can knock out your sense one by one by killing the related part of your brain. Why would you assume that killing the WHOLE brain would somehow restore the lost senses?

When you die, you're dead. That's it.
>>
>>1937556
No, it just disproves Christianity, not God in general.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.