[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here make completely new countries existing in our world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: I'm lazy.jpg (43KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
I'm lazy.jpg
43KB, 800x400px
Anyone here make completely new countries existing in our world that interact with our world's events or make completely new worlds that aren't fantasy or D&D related? There was a thread on this forever ago and it was awesome. I'm wanting to work more on my world but it's slightly daunting to say the least.

What is going on in your worlds that you made? Do you plan specific events to happen or do you have them happen randomly? (there was a youtube video of this middle-aged man that does this sort of stuff and has index cards that he draws that determine events that happen in his world or something like that)
>>
>>1915463
>or make completely new worlds that aren't fantasy or D&D related
Define 'not fantasy'
>>
>>1915505
>Define 'not fantasy'
Is this was autism is? OP probably means without magic, dragons, orcs and all that fantasy shit.
>>
>>1915463
>Anyone here make completely new countries existing in our world that interact with our world's events

Latvia.
>>
>>1915540
>>1915505
Basically this.
>>
>>1915463
>countries that don't really exist thread

Belgium
>>
>>1915463
>there was a youtube video of this middle-aged man that does this sort of stuff and has index cards that he draws that determine events that happen in his world or something like that
source pls
>>
>>1915463
Here's a piece of advice of world building when creating a new city/town/village:
Ask yourself "how do they eat?"
>>
>>1915619
Adding the Republic Of China.
>>
>>1915830
With their mouths would be the correct answer most of the time.
>>
A rich european negotiates with Sudan and Egypt, and pays them a lot of money, for them to both legally recognize him as the Owner of Bir tawil, with their police forces having jurisdiction over it until the owner establishes a police force. The current zone of countrol Sudan and Egypt have over the Hala'ib triangle is recognized by both countries.

The Rich dude moves his base of operations there and builds a small city. After drilling and finding a small amount of Oil, he uses his company to hire workers. They live in the city. More small businesses come to accomodate the workers, and some small agriculture is established. Eventually, when the city population reaches a certain point, the Rich guy declares it an independent state, and as prearrainged, Sudan and Egypt Legally recognize his claim. It's an absolute Monarchy.

The workers in the city are not legal citizens though, but the King icentivizes becoming a citizen with higher wages. Eventually, around half the city's population are citizens. This prompts other governments to start formally recognizing Bir Tawil as a country.

Bir Tawil becomes the only White-Majority country in Africa, eternally pissing off Afrocentrists. After depleting it's Oil reserves its economy mostly rests on using superior infrastructure and transportation to move goods to other neighboring countries. The Landlocked Singapore of Africa.

The Government is still an Absolute Monarchy, and exept for foreign business investments and private houses, most buildings and infrastrcuture are Owned by the King. The King plans on designating the Heir personally, rather than using any succession method.

Bir Tawil is legally recognized by nearly all UN countries, and has an okay standard of living. It's lack of historical or cultural ties to other countries makes it a moderator for many regional conflicts.
>>
>>1915463
You have that manga where kids make up a story about bunnies discriminating mice and the socio-political background for it?
>>
>>1915806
I remember seeing that. An old man making a very intricate map on a grid system where some of them would be laid out on the walls and some of them were archived and he had a system to figure out what grid would get overtaken by the void and which one would be made available for settlement and then he'd make roads and railroads and powerlines to service it fuck
>>
>>1915844

After a few decades of moderate prosperity, politicsl unrest hits one of its neighbors and the new dictator invades. The Monarchy flees, but the west is tired of interveneing in africa and the middle east, and help does not come. Eventually, France intervenes against the occupiers, but forces the country to become a puppet state for a while in return.

Was that good OP?
>>
>>1915853
OP here I wish I had the video, I can't find it.
>>
>>1915463
I run a PnP RPG in a homebrew world, using GURPS. Overall, its based on South Europe and West Asia in the 6th-12th century AD, but the history, anthropology, etc. was all developed over years of play. There's 'magic', but its mystical hermetic shit that may or may not work, i.e. simulating how people of antiquity thought.

Its daunting as fuck indeed, so that's why the only really fully-fleshed out cultures are ones that are important to the current plot. The others are placed in consistent ways but the details of culture, daily life and so forth are not given.
>>
>>1915463
I wrote a fictional propaganda piece against an imaginary political faction

Autism is one hell of a drug
>>
>>1917289
post it
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.