[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently I was watching this movie about the 2nd Sino - Japanese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: china.jpg (62KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
china.jpg
62KB, 580x386px
Recently I was watching this movie about the 2nd Sino - Japanese war. Which made me wonder, how did the Chinese and Japanese communicate? I couldn't imagine very many people being able to speak both languages.
>>
>>1915131
>how did the Chinese and Japanese communicate?
With violence, a lot of it.
>>
>>1915131
Sure they did. Most educated Chinese people were educated in Japan, and plenty of people in Japan were trained in Chinese as was Japanese tradition.
>>
Just small question from me to you.
Why it's called Sino - Japanese war and not Chinese - Japanese war. The hell does "Sino" stand for
>>
makes you wonder how many people in the whole of China are fluent in a language like Hungarian today for the express purpose of interacting with Hungarian embassy staff

>in b4 they just speak English

fuck you it's still an interesting question. imagine some dude in Qatar trying to learn Finnish it's just so inconceivable
>>
>>1915156
Sino (from greek sinicós) = chinese
>>
>>1915156
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Sinae#Latin
>>
>>1915165
Probably just good trolling but this is completely wrong, isn't it?
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%CE%98%E1%BF%96%CE%BD%CE%B1%CE%B9#Ancient_Greek
>>
>>1915156
>Why it's called Sino - Japanese war and not Chinese
For the same reason we say Greco-Persian Wars and not Greek-Persian wars.

>The hell does "Sino" stand for
chinese
>>
Recently I was watching this movie about the Mexican American War. Which made me wonder, how did the Mexicans and Americans communicate? I couldn't imagine very many people being able to speak both languages.
>>
>>1915169
>>1915186
Oh well, thanks for educating me
>>
>>1915196
They had Italians fighting on both sides
>>
>>1915156

Was that a hiphop reference? I'm so proud of you /his/
>>
>>1915158
A lot. 100s if not 1000s. They also have an older generation of people who learned the other language pre-1956.
>>
>>1915203
And irish
>>
>>1915131
>these are the people posting on /his/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.