[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is "social darwinist" considered an insult? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Why is "social darwinist" considered an insult? I'm social darwinist insofar as I'm social gravityist, in the sense that I don't think the scientific fact if evolution should be ignored when making social policy. What's so wrong with that?
>>
wtf , ur evil........ im litralyl scared rn.. :// that is sooo scary wtf
>>
>>1914201
Darwnin just noticed fact about nature, he do not propose course of action for human civilization.
>>
>>1914216
Lol if you'd've read anything by Darwin you'd know how false that is
>>
Because it's a misuse of the term Darwinism, and consequently of evolutionary theory, you ass. The implication of social Darwinism is that there is some form of evolutionary ladder that societies progress by, that a more complex society is also more evolved, and not just the best adaptation to the present conditions that that society happens to exist in. Also, in my experience, people who describe themselves as social Darwinists are in 9/10 cases just right wing meme lords who think it's a scientific reason to look down on brown people.

Mostly it's the blatant misunderstanding of evolutionary theory though.
>>
>>1914201
>social darwinism
Meme ideology.
>>
>>1914257
>more evolved
you don't understand the first thing about natural selection.
>>
>>1914280
No, I do, I was just generalizing how most self ascribed social Darwinists would put it. I should probably have used quotation marks
>>
>>1914285
fair, fair. you could describe the survival of societies similar to natural selection, but since society isn't made up of DNA it's not an equivocal process.

my 70 year old invertebrate zoology prof in uni used terms like "more/less evolved" and "higher/lower forms". the only reason social darwinism made a fool of itself is because it was coined by people who had archaic ideas of what natural selection is. either way, it's a waste of time to think of societies in this way, just a pointless abstraction. social organization works completely differently than genetic code and reproduction.
>>
you probably misunderstand what 'evolution' is
>>
>>1914300
>>
>>1914293
Exactly, it's just trying to draw parallels where there really are none. When it first started to take hold in the late 19th century it was mostly just a nifty way to explain why "the white mans burden" was a totally justified and natural process and not just the global equivalent of five fat people at a buffet which is just about to close.
>>
>>1914201
Because the actual evolution has nothing to do with political structure.

Also, because 90% of edgy kids who like it would be discarded if such an ideology would reign
>>
>>1914201
>laissez faire capitalism
I puked a little
>>
>>1914201
>Why is "social darwinist" considered an insult?
Look at your pic, that's why.
Does it really surprise you that people that appropriate a concept that factually contradicts their beliefs don't get taken seriously?
>>
>>1914221
You mean Darwin was proponent of social darwinism?
>>
File: 1477552386604.png (200KB, 541x581px) Image search: [Google]
1477552386604.png
200KB, 541x581px
>>1914201
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.