[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how exactly did this guy do this without screaming his ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

how exactly did this guy do this without screaming his ass off and freaking out?
>>
>>1908951
He attained the state of past beyond giving a fuck.
>>
is this the most based death in history?
>>
>>1909006

I honestly think it is.
>>
>>1909006
No, this is
>>
File: 1444708036293.jpg (20KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
1444708036293.jpg
20KB, 381x380px
>>1909006
>mfw hardly anybody knows or cares about what this dude was actually protesting these days
>>
>>1909023
Even less know about the Americans who died the same way protesting the same thing.
>>
>>1908951

>I was to see that sight again, but once was enough. Flames were coming from a human being; his body was slowly withering and shriveling up, his head blackening and charring. In the air was the smell of burning human flesh; human beings burn surprisingly quickly. Behind me I could hear the sobbing of the Vietnamese who were now gathering. I was too shocked to cry, too confused to take notes or ask questions, too bewildered to even think ... As he burned he never moved a muscle, never uttered a sound, his outward composure in sharp contrast to the wailing people around him.
>>
>>1909023
he lit himself on fire without flinching fampai

he could be protesting against higher alcohol prices for all i care
>>
>>1908951
Just like enduring any other pain, an appropriate level of mental discipline. Nigga was a monk, what do you think?
>>
>>1909023

The Vietnam War has been over for a very long time now. I'm sorry, but I can't go back and retroactively make it not happen. I would if I could but I wasn't even alive at that time.
>>
>>1908951

Not to be edgy, but is it possible that he just used drugs to numb himself before hand?
>>
>>1909066
He was protesting the president of South Vietnam persecuting Buddhists.
>>
>>1909023
>>1909066
Way to prove his point.
>>
>>1909073

The President of Vietnam was a puppet installed by the US during the war.
>>
>>1909071
Maybe, but it's more likely he was able to enter a trance-like state through mediation, or simply withstood the pain out of discipline. I'm fairly certain using drugs is against Theravada monastic codes.
>>
>>1909073
How is any persecution going to be worse than fucking burning to death?
>>
>>1909083
There were monks who did it and didn't die.

They felt everything.
>>
>>1909194
a willing sacrifice is better than many unwilling victims
>>
>>1909194
It may be more painful for him personally but that's not the point. He was protesting to help the many. It was a selfless act.
>>
>>1908951
t. riven main
>>
The nerves burn quicker than you would think. The screaming is typically from the physocological effects, like seeing your flesh burn off.
>>
>>1909021
No that's not honorable
>>
>>1909066
he was protesting AGAINST south Vietnam

one of the reasons the Vietnam war happened in the first place
>>
>>1909826
no I'm pretty sure the screaming would be from the excruciating pain long before the nerves burned away
>>
File: JKCoz.jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
JKCoz.jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
>>1909006
>>
>>1911250
there's no footage or proof of that guy actually being run over

also those protests were for MORE communism not less kek
>>
>>1911255

>there's no footage or proof of that guy actually being run over

Nobody claims that he was run over dumbass.

>also those protests were for MORE communism not less kek

The protests were for more democracy.
>>
File: emufight.jpg (30KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
emufight.jpg
30KB, 400x300px
>>1911250

I went on a date with a chinese chick once. I showed her that pic. She had never seen it before.
>>
>>1911323
>Oy glory foa Perth, imperatah mate!
>>
>>1911323
Chinese girls are always really stupid and wholly uninterested in even the most basic of history. Like white girls but x 100.
>>
>>1911250
the absolute madman
>>
>>1908951
Practice.
https://zenhabits.net/meditation-guide/

Start slow and keep at it. Eventually you'll be able to ignore all kinds of shit you never thought possible.
>>
>>1911250
He wasnt kill
>>
>>1911255
Are you 15?
>>
>>1908951
a lot of training
>>
>>1909006
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalanos

Buddhist monks have a history of practicing self-immolation throughout history as either protest or as end of life reaches.
>>
>>1909194
Country of 90% buddhist ruled by 10% christian. The wider problem was corruption due to illegitimate rigging of the vote system supported by the US. Buddhist being persecuted was simply one factor in this whole thing that led to the protest.
>>
>>1908951
Same way the Japs were able to disembowel themselves and keep a straight face.

SO HONORABU!

I think it was some French or British sailors who had to witness a seppuku ceremony and one of them wrote that the guy barely even flinched when he started slicing his stomach open.
>>
>>1911323
Stupid filename, or good bait. Either way that's not an emu.
>>
>>1911423

He probably was after.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.