[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1) Do you, personally, not do things that are considered bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: umbrella01.jpg (449KB, 721x1016px) Image search: [Google]
umbrella01.jpg
449KB, 721x1016px
1) Do you, personally, not do things that are considered bad because you agree those things are bad and don't want to cause any kind of harm, or do not do those things simply because you fear being caught?

2) Do you believe humans are naturally good or evil?
>>
I can honestly say for the most part if I choose not to do something bad it's because I dont want to get caught but it depends on what it is.

My own arrogant opinion on this is that I think innately we do things that benefit us simply for that reason but it all depends on the extremes that certain people take to be evil or good. I would say I think everyone has the capability to love and be compassionate and vice versa but your environment and many other factors can affect this. I think there is no conclusive answer to this question. Humans are too complex.
>>
I don't do them because I consider them bad and I don't want other people doing it.
>>
>>1908703
Social pressure mostly, I don't want other people thinking badly of me
>>
>>1908703
1) I don't do things that I consider bad because I consider them bad.
2) Though morality is subjective, as social animals humans are predisposed to do what maintains their society. So humans are naturally good, as based Mencius teaches.
>>
There are some thing I don't do just because I'm not a prick. There are other things I don't do just because I don't want to get caught.

>naturally good or evil
It depends on the person. I think some people are just destined to be complete assholes from day one.
>>
itt

>it depends on the thing
>it depends on the person
>>
>>1908931
But it does tho.
>>
>>1908703

1. I don't operate in such a black and white manner. Sometimes I don't do things because I might get caught; plenty of times I feel like stealing, and a few times in my life I've wanted to kill someone. I also don't do things because I feel they will produce an outcome I want in the short-term, but not in the long-term. Sometimes I don't do things because it goes against my personal idea of what is right / healthy. It depends on the time, place, and action.

2. Good and evil are prescriptions, not inherent qualities.
>>
>>1908933
which is exactly why these questions are dumb

First question implies that guilt and fear are mutually exclusive; I refrain from doing bad because it typically ends up being more detrimental to me than anything else. I don't rob banks because I could never get away with it, and I don't rob charities out of human empathy and the fact that I'd never be able to live with myself.

Second question implies that humans are either or. Humans are animals. We act in our self-interest, and whether or not our actions are "good" or "bad" relies on a subject capable of determining so. The first man to kill another over food, was he evil? The first man to kill another over food for his family, was he good? Individually, humans will do things they don't want to survive, and we perceive this as "bad" (solely because we have the comfort of doing so). In an organized group, tribe, or as members of society, humans may place the interests of the group above theirs, an act perceived as "good". So to answer your questions OP:

>i dont do things that /I/ consider bad out of self-interest
>humans will do what it takes to survive; whether its perceived as good or bad makes no difference
>>
1) Both, it really depends on the situation. For instance I don't steal because I fear being caught, I dont't cheat because I agree it's bad and I don't kill because I thinl its bad and also fear being caught.

2) I don't believe there's such a thing a natural good or evil, tho I do hold random standards for this likely because I have been raised on a catholic capitalist [insert other modifiers] country and into a nuclear family.

How could one establish an actual black and white "natural" morality? Does such a thing exist at all?
>>
>>1908703
1)Both. The reason I don't do things that are considerd bad is because I happen to agree. Anything I would do but don't is also because I dont want to get caught.

2) I don't belive people are naturally either. I belive good and bad are subjective. I don't belive in evil but agree that people do harmful, bad things and are dangerous and that some things I belive are good.

For example, I don't beliefs hitler was evil or bad. I don't think like that. The things he did were bad and hurtful. I disagree with his views and would prevent him from doing the things he did but I wouldn't look at him as being an evil monster. Another would be serial killers. I just look at them as being dangerous and people I have to be carfull around.They enjoy causing others pain and suffering but their still people, just really hostile ones.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.