[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best ethical theory, and why is it Role Ethics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: ethics-n-compliance-420x280.jpg (31KB, 420x280px) Image search: [Google]
ethics-n-compliance-420x280.jpg
31KB, 420x280px
What is the best ethical theory, and why is it Role Ethics?

>Ethics based on relationships
>strict and ordered, yet caring and considerate.
>>
>>1907602
Egoism.

>Ethics based on relationships
Sounds incomplete at best, since you have to choose how to form relationships.
>>
File: spook.jpg (9KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
spook.jpg
9KB, 170x200px
>>1907602
>Ethics
>>
>>1909433
Relationships are formed for you
>>
File: image.png (174KB, 546x543px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
174KB, 546x543px
Jesus Christ it's utilitarianism. Good luck even describing a system that doesn't implicitly refer to effects.
>>
>>1909441
Not once you're an adult lmao.
>>
>>1909443
>Good luck even describing a system that doesn't implicitly refer to effects.
>le utilitarianism is the only form of consequentialism
I'm telling you dude, you can't beat egoism. There's no good reason I should give a shit about your utility apart from its effect on mine.
>>
>>1909454
Well if you don't wanna die alone, you're gonna need a wife and children. The conduct you adhere to has already been prescribed, since different virtues/vices in life lead to survival and happiness or self-destruction. Same situation with friends and coworkers and whatnot

What relationships you have are less important than your conduct in the relationship. And there's only a certain number of personality values (trustworthiness, reciprocation, humaneness, etc.) you can adhere to if you want that relationship to last
>>
>>1909477
>Well if you don't wanna die alone, you're gonna need a wife and children
Choosing to die alone is perfectly valid. And there's a 50% chance your spouse will die before you anyway.

>The conduct you adhere to has already been prescribed, since different virtues/vices in life lead to survival and happiness or self-destruction.
Oh, so it's just egoism with an emphasis on relationships. I can dig it.
>>
>>1909443
Utilitarianism is shit.

It either is stupidly obvious tripe like "People weigh the pros and cons to make decisions", which doesn't actually say anything.
Or it can be used to justify practically anything. If you're smart enough, no matter what it is you're doing, you can come up with enough positive consequences to outweigh the negative.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.