[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this Russian documentary series about the Eastern Front f

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: russians.png (17KB, 404x511px) Image search: [Google]
russians.png
17KB, 404x511px
Is this Russian documentary series about the Eastern Front fair and balanced or is it Sl*v propaganda that should be taken with a pinch of salt?

It's really well made and fun to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhXKlYnSWjA
>>
>>1901872
Judging by the very first minutes - it has lots of propaganda in the form of omissions and outright lies.

An example notable omission is how Nazi Germany and USSR became neighbors in the first place - by jointy participating in dismemberment of states that lied between them. The fact that the Soviet border moved westward is largely responsible for how outstretched the Soviet army was in 1941. The army units moved west, but not their supply bases.

An example of a lie - that the Soviet army was on peacetime footing. In reality, the Soviet army ballooned between 1939 and 1941 and the whole county underwent rapid militarization. This build up was halfway through in 1941, which was also a large factor why Germany was so successful in the first months of Barbarossa. It's true that the Soviets didn't want a war with Germany in 1941 and that they were caught unprepared. But that's because they aimed for a later date - Stalin wanted the Allies and Axis to fight it out and pick up the leftovers.
>>
>>1901890
Another lie - that Soviet armies were spread throughout the USSR.

If that was the case, the Germans would have much harder times. In real world, Soviet armies were deployed at the border and Germans were able to inflict massive loses on the Soviets in few encirclement battles. The Soviet pre-Barbarossa army almost ceased to exist after the first two-three months and Soviet were saved only by their rapid mobilization of new units.
>>
>>1901899

And those were just very first minutes. I believe anyone wanting a sincere information on the Eastern Front should just skip that piece of shit documentary.
>>
>>1901890

At least it doesn't push the ludicrous myth that the Soviet Army intentionally retreated in 1941 as some kind of strategic plan. The communist party and commie apologists in my country legit believe that
>>
To add to what I wrote here,
>>1901890
>>1901899
>>1901902

anyone wishing a genuine history of the Eastern Front should watch this lecture by David Glantz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Clz27nghIg

It's also great in exposing the massive amount of Soviet cover-up of what was really happening on the Eastern Front.

Notably, Russian trolls flocked in immediately and shitposted the fuck out of it, so they had to disable comments.
>>
File: 243.png (33KB, 899x547px) Image search: [Google]
243.png
33KB, 899x547px
>>1902092
>Notably, Russian trolls flocked in immediately and shitposted the fuck out of it, so they had to disable comments.
Ultimate excuse when yanks can't validate they claims
>>
>>1902229

>Glantz
>can't validate

Boris, please.
>>
>>1901890
>An example of a lie - that the Soviet army was on peacetime footing. In reality, the Soviet army ballooned between 1939 and 1941 and the whole county underwent rapid militarization. This build up was halfway through in 1941, which was also a large factor why Germany was so successful in the first months of Barbarossa. It's true that the Soviets didn't want a war with Germany in 1941 and that they were caught unprepared. But that's because they aimed for a later date - Stalin wanted the Allies and Axis to fight it out and pick up the leftovers.
your other points are valid but there is literally no evidence other than made up bullshit by suvorov that would support the "soviets would attack soon" train of thought and everything points to the opposite
>>
>>1902247

Suvorov argued for something else. Suvorov wrote that the Soviet attack was imminent and that Barbarossa was a desperate preemptive war akin to the stunt pulled out (more successfully) by Israel in the Six-Day War.

Suvorov is full of shit and indeed nothing suggests that the Soviets were preparing for an immediate war. Is is however, as I see it, fairly established that Stalin aimed with his army expansion plan for a conflict at some later date. From his perspective, by late 1940 the war between the Allies and the Axis reached some sort of stalemate and whoever grinds the victory would be an easy picking for the forces of global revolution. Or, at least, the Soviets would be able to grab some additional territories and the victor would be too weakened to do anything about it.
>>
>>1902234
>Boris
Not even close faggot
>>
>>1902279

Stalin announced a new offensive Red Army. And he had already conquered half of Eastern Europe
>>
>>1902229
None can validate anything with the standards Russians set for others m8.
>>
>>1902389
And these standards are?
>>
>>1902417
They will change, the better the opponent's arguments are the tougher they get.
They will always be though enough for the Russian to not accept an opponent's arguments though,
>>
>>1902454
"It's not my arguments are shit and basically claim over claim, it's pesky russkies trolls can't except my divine word"
>>
>>1902512
Knowing Russians are like this is common knowledge m8, don't act dump. Just remember to build a fence between yourself and any east slavs.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.