[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I remember once reading something about how some europeans actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

I remember once reading something about how some europeans actually regularly still wore their traditional peasant garb in like the swiss alps or something up until pretty recently in history like until the end of world war 2 or something, does anyone know what I might be referring to? I cant find anything about it currently
>>
>>1899344

this was typical all over europe, especialy eastern europe, balkans, italy, spain, all over the alps

people just wore the clothes that was manufactured localy and designed to suit their local needs

around the 50is industrial development, reneved urbanisation and spread of infrastructure made this redundant, you could just buy shoes and suits around the corner, and rubber boots lasted longer in the field

even so, older people continued to wear oldschool garb, or just chose 'modern' clothes that looked as close as the old ones

my grandma basicaly wore the exact same long skirt pullover and apron and a marama on her head till the day she died, even if she bought them in a shop, shed just buy the same thing as close to the old stuff
>>
>>1899400

and another thing, dont think stuff like shoes and coats and such were just everiday items, part of the reason people continued wearing old clothes and things like woven footwear and goatskin wests was cause they were poor as all fuck

its highly underestimated how poor most of europe was up till the postwar economic boom
>>
>>1899400
>>1899432
Thanks for the contribution
>>
>>1899344
Referensum showi
>>
>>1901745
What
>>
Seems probable that it could've been in north western Sweden considering some villages were so closed off in their valleys that they evolved their own language and still used runes up to the early 20th century

Sweden considers these languages dialects because fuck paying them minority money.
>>
>>1903672
>Dalsland
>North western

kek
>>
>>1903677
North western middle Sweden*
>>
>>1903737
Also called North western Svealand.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.