[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me with my intellectual self-confidence /his/. Is intelligence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: HELP!.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
HELP!.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
Help me with my intellectual self-confidence /his/. Is intelligence and iq a sham, or is it really something that can quantitatively be measured? Which is more important - the genome, or the environment of the genome?

I ask because I feel stupid at times. My intellectual awakening is recent, and I used to think that intelligence was the one redeemable quality I had, but I doubt that now. I've always thought so because the people around me have always said I'm intelligent. I've been brought down to earth very quickly, and it's honestly depressing.
>>
>>1897773

Don't worry about it. Low iq is a gift.
>>
>>1897773
IQ is mostly inherited, but you can supplement it heavily with books and reading, boost it probably 15 or so.

Also don't use drugs heavily, else it will permanently drop.
>>
>>1897773

what is important is experience and mindset

intelligence is basicaly just cognitive capacity, its often as helpfull as a calculator in a forest

not that being dumb is a good thing, just that being intelligent isnt the same as being smart
>>
>>1897787
No it isn't. Fuck off.
>>
>>1897828
Would average IQ be a gift?
>>
>>1897835
Maybe. I have low IQ, and it has caused me to feel worthless and useless for decades. I even tried to kill myself. The only people who say low IQ is a gift are pretentious neckbeards.
>>
>>1897835
Depends on how you look at it, really. People with lower IQs are often materially less successful than people with higher IQs but they tend to side-step the intellectual pitfalls that people with higher IQs dive into one after the fucking other.

You also have to consider that the current culture of western civilization is very much oriented towards at least token intellectualism and we've been shitting on anyone who doesn't want to be a rocket scientist or go into IT for decades now. There's very little respect left for blue collar or agrarian lifestyles outside of the South and the Midwest, especially in the younger generations.
>>
>>1897824
Isn't intelligence the ability to think in entirely different ways instead of just being able to think faster?
>>
>>1897773
It sounds like a meme, but humility and intellectual honesty to me are much, much more important than anything else. Take this doubt as a gift and reevaluate what intelligence actually is.

For example, your second paragraph describes me perfectly, or did, I always grew up assuming I was intelligent because I read, had fairly "intellectual" interests, all of that; yet the older I got the less I trusted that assumption as I always did poorly in school especially with math and those sort of subjects. Then it dawned on my what exactly "technique" is, repetitive and streamlined actions done in the same or nearly same way to garner a same or similar result, even thinking patterns and more complicated ideas generally have some relation to some basic form of technique. By reevaluating it myself, I have given much less credence to the concept of intelligence the way most people think of it, or rather want to believe it works.
>>
>>1898177
I am not that poster but one could define it that way, but the vast majority of people do not. I am pretty sure that the latter is what an IQ test tests for, but I'm not sure. Creativity or cleverness more readily defines the former definition though
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.