[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shit plebs say >Justinian is my favourite Roman emperor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: 1470255622787.jpg (15KB, 363x288px) Image search: [Google]
1470255622787.jpg
15KB, 363x288px
ITT: Shit plebs say

>Justinian is my favourite Roman emperor
>Hitler was the most evil man ever
>Comics had a real impact on society in the early 20th century
>Without the Turing machine we would have lost WWII
>The atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were unjustified
>The fight over Israel between Palestinians and Jews goes back centuries
>Pharaohs were all black
>>
File: remove greek.jpg (12KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
remove greek.jpg
12KB, 184x184px
>Turks aren't the true successors of Rome
>>
File: IMG_1746.png (1MB, 1072x736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1746.png
1MB, 1072x736px
>>1894221
>donating money to the church is wrong
>>
>The Catholic church held back scientific advancement in the middle ages
>>
File: Anger.jpg (14KB, 249x266px) Image search: [Google]
Anger.jpg
14KB, 249x266px
>America lost the Vietnam war to a bunch of rice farmers with outdated rifles
>>
>Galileo Galilei was burned at the stake by the Church because he said the world is round
>>
>>1894293
>people talk about how cruel the Catholic Church was to Galileo
>conveniently leave out that the Pope was a huge fan and supported the shit out of him
>probably the only reason fanatics didn't kill him
>instead he was allowed to live out the rest of his days on his villa where he was given whatever he needed for more research
>>
>The Catholic Church wasn't the medieval age's version of the USSR
>>
>>1894353
It was more like the Medieval UN or NATO.
>>
>Josephus gives proof to Jesus's existence
>>
>>1894293
>The Catholic Church has promoted literacy
>>
File: IMG_1720.png (194KB, 1251x585px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1720.png
194KB, 1251x585px
>>1894392
>>
>>1894392
>Also burned at the stake anyone who translated the Bible into English
>>
>>1894301
It's true though. The claim that it's false is America's own Dolchtosslegende. Unless your problem isn't with the losing part, but with the characterization of the Vietnamese as "rice farmers with outdated weapons", in which case carry on
>>
>>1894430
>Left out molesting prepubescent boys
>Left out the murder of people who translated bibles
>Left out murder of anyone with conflicting opinions of church doctrine

History is the greatest story ever told, and the best part of the story is always the villain, so why try to ruin it by making him look like a good guy?
>>
>>1894380
So does tacitus you moron
>>
>>1894885
Because their motivations and results were legitimate. You gotta find your own way to keep rogue niggas in line. It's not like they had any example to look back at, they had to figure it out themselves and did a pretty good job, all things considered.
>>
>>1894885
Can i get sauce on those last two points?
>>
File: Spainard.png (650KB, 640x804px) Image search: [Google]
Spainard.png
650KB, 640x804px
>The Spanish purposely genocided over 75 million natives.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.