[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exactly what are the reasons why Russia has become increasingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 40

File: Encircled Russia.jpg (109KB, 883x571px) Image search: [Google]
Encircled Russia.jpg
109KB, 883x571px
Exactly what are the reasons why Russia has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?

I'm especially curious about their ability to turn reality completely on its head. Why do so people think Russia is being encircled by NATO?
>>
oil prices dropped
>>
File: encirclement_0_3.jpg (2MB, 4961x3508px) Image search: [Google]
encirclement_0_3.jpg
2MB, 4961x3508px
>>1893195
Because it is.
>>
Every dictatorial regime needs an enemy. So Putin's propaganda created the evil NATO and degenerate Europe encircling them, portraying Russia as a fortress of traditional values and whiteness. Also Russians has always been a very militaristic society, so it's easy to play on that string. Also it's a huge shithole, so he choose to go the "Yes, we might be poor and whatnot, but at least we're stronk and have nukes!"
>>
I dont understand why Russia doesnt focus on improving the quality of life of its inhabitants.

They have more or less the population of Germany + France, but spend much more in the military, while being much poorer, their birth rate is extremely low, the population is falling, and they have a lot of minorities.

I feel like they are wasting their natural resources, they should be investing in cheap housing for young families, diversifying the economy etc.
>>
>>1894554
>their birth rate is extremely low, the population is falling, and they have a lot of minorities.
I think Putin has actually been trying to rectify that
>>
>>1894554
Because it's hard to improve. It's easier to brainwash the peasants and steal money.
>>
>>1894489
Does Russia actively foster this image? /pol/ types certainly project that onto Russia as a whole but I don't think anyone actually believes that among the Russian people nor does the government really market itself in such a way.
>>
>>1894582
Just read some RussiaToday, it's THE official Russian propaganda machine.
I don't think the more intelligent Russians believe it, but the masses surely eat that shit up and truly believe Europe and the US are degenerate as fuck compared to the traditional pure Russia.
>>
>>1894554
Because Putin is a robber baron and the Russian federation is essentially a criminal mafia kleptocratic state.
>>
File: eurasian-map.jpg (127KB, 791x484px) Image search: [Google]
eurasian-map.jpg
127KB, 791x484px
American foreign policy is dictated by Jews who hate Russia and want revenge for the pogroms. There is nothing they would love more than the destruction of the Russian state and the enslavement of its people.

They are right to be paranoid.
>>
>>1894592
RussiaToday's English bureau written specifically to target people in the anglosphere and western Europe shouldn't be taken as a representative of Russian media as a whole, tho...
>>
Essentially theyre angry about losing Ukraine
>>
File: rus_parl_assault_ap.jpg (42KB, 560x357px) Image search: [Google]
rus_parl_assault_ap.jpg
42KB, 560x357px
>>1894593
>Russian federation is essentially a criminal mafia kleptocratic state

No, that was Yeltsin's Russia, which the West loved. No one ever called him a dictator like they do with Putin, not even when he bombed the parliament.
>>
>>1894607
uh huh
Look into how much Putin stole from gazprom. Putin isn't a head of state he essentially manages the 9 oligarchs that control the Russian economy, ensuring they don't get too greedy to bring the entire house of cards down while taking his cut.
>>
>>1894602
It's the same in Russia. The main tv channels and newspapers are controlled by Kremlin. There's literally no opposition in the media.
>>
>>1894582
Watch some RenTV or RTR self-made shows. I love watching Vremja aswell, gives me hearty laughs. Oh, I forgot, you fags only speak one or two languages.
>>
>>1893195
The government is trying to increase people's support. Instead of develop the country and be leading in something Russia is searching external enemies.
>Russia has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?
After the ruble collapse Russian economic fall down by twice. To distract their people from problems the government use the propaganda
>>
File: bushstreet.jpg (275KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
bushstreet.jpg
275KB, 800x556px
>>1893195
>Exactly what are the reasons why Russia has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?

Everyone has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years because the current batch of elites have fucked up so bad.
>>
>>1894554
>I dont understand why Russia doesnt focus on improving the quality of life of its inhabitants.
You should go read a book on geopolitics then.
>>
>>1893195
This is the book you need to read. Putin is not the evil dictator the West paints him as.
>>
These threads are always so depressing in how little clue people have as to how the world works.

May as well be talking to 10 year olds.
>>
>>1896143
no he's not
He's just another oligarch robbing the Russian people blind and dumping all of his assets in English and Caribbean banks.
>>
>>1896170
You should look in the mirror before talking shit.
>some dude who's 'friends' with Putin had some money stashed away
>amagad Putin embezzling money!
You need to get a grip instead of swallowing all the bullshit your media feeds you.
>>
File: Putin-Bush.jpg (123KB, 625x470px) Image search: [Google]
Putin-Bush.jpg
123KB, 625x470px
>>1893195

I really miss that brief moment in time when the US and Russia were bros. :(
>>
>>1896198
that was only because Bush was a retarded pushover
>>
>>1896198
retards always forget how much people were chimping out over Russia and Georgia in 2008 when they invoke the "le bush and Putin were le best friends" meme
>>
>>1894598
really made me think
>>
>>1893195
Russian elites know they are guilty as sin, and it tears them up inside. So they convince themselves everyone is out to get them, and they are somehow the victims.
>>
>>1893195
Because NATO has been steadily swallowing up its former buffer states even though we unofficially officially promised them we wouldn't do exactly that in 94. We've snapped up nearly the entire eastern bloc and we're in the process of tearing down Syria to deny them any more allies. Russia is right to be concerned.
>>
>>1894554
>I dont understand why Russia doesnt focus on improving the quality of life of its inhabitants.
because its a dictatorship run by breathtakingly corrupt mobsters at every level, why improve the country when you can just steal from it. So long as you're passing "gifts" up the chain from what you steal its fine, and if you don't you'll never advance to a position where you could change things.

Meanwhile all they have to do at the top is play up people's patriotism and apathy to keep the cycle going.
>>
But it wasn't Russia that destroyed Syria just to fuck with its enemies. Why would Russia remain passive when the west is attacking their few and valuable allies?
>>
>>1894489
I get where your coming from, because those stereotypes exist to a certain extent in my mind too, but I can't help see it is just as practical that the majority of Russians actually see themselves as the "good guys", the same the majority of Americans/Western people see themselves as the "good guys". Words like "poor", "tyranny", "dictator", etc tend to be very amibiguos forms of putting down another society we've been programmed to see as the "bad guys". I'm certain most Russians see America/the West as obese, indulgent, wasteful, and ungodly, and view themselves as the healthy, logical, and just savior of humanity. You can't say this for all obviously; even in your own countries we are not unified in our brainwashed ideologies; just look at the current "presidential" race in USA. At this point, whichever country/group of allied countries is most strongly unified in their brainwashed ideologies are likely going to be the "winners", that is, they will produce, manufacture, and grow.
>>
>>1894565
>It's easier to brainwash the peasants and steal money.
Same could be said about USA and anyother country. Notice how bias the going sentiment is towards Russia. Everything that's produced by the western media is trying to make them as the "bad guys", and there is no counter besides Russian News, which our media will automatically confirm for being biased to Russia.
>>
>>1894598
>My-multi-culturalism
I could see some future propaganda justifying this as a "return of power to the Majority ethnic populations from the gangsters of the Russian empire". Guaranteed to keep it burning itself alive with border disputes, and far easier to control by Western interests.
>>
File: russia-population-pyramid-2014.gif (59KB, 610x425px) Image search: [Google]
russia-population-pyramid-2014.gif
59KB, 610x425px
>>1893195
because Russian geography means that anyone who controls certain routes, like the Northern European Plain, essentially has a knife at Russia's throat.

Their insecurity comes from this fear.

>>1896143
Putin's not evil, but he's definitely a Russia first kind of guy.

Unfortunately for him, the clock's running out on Russian military power. Pic related. He's trying to get Russia in as good a position as possible before he runs out of manpower.
>>
File: historicalperspective.gif (1MB, 2560x1110px) Image search: [Google]
historicalperspective.gif
1MB, 2560x1110px
>>1896512
Because Goy, it's under our jurisdiction.
>>
>>1896244
>were

Shit, I still come across people who insist that Russia took over Georgia.

Like, no, they didn't. Look at a fucking map. Georgia is not Belgium, and every independent investigation into the conflict basically concluded that Georgia got what was coming to it for acting a fool.
>>
>>1893195
Exactly what are the reasons why Europe has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?

I'm especially curious about their ability to turn reality completely on its head. Why do so people think Europe is being overrun by refugees?

Exactly what are the reasons why Americahas become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?

I'm especially curious about their ability to turn reality completely on its head. Why do so people think America is being subverted by globalists?

Exactly what are the reasons why China has become increasingly revanchist and revisionist in the past years?

I'm especially curious about their ability to turn reality completely on its head. Why do so people think China is being encircled by the US?
>>
>>1896603
>think America is being subverted by globalists
The United States is the one that pushes for globalism, and is its primary beneficiary.

I hate how the Alex Jones crowd turned it into a buzzword they repeat but can barely define.
>>
File: 1400819093948.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1400819093948.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>1894598

>mfw they form a confederacy of states with Moscow as it's capital

unreal
>>
>>1893195
To be fair, NATO was founded for the specific purpose of encircling the Soviet Union. It later became a more general sort of military organisation that appears to be slowly merging with the United Nations, but Russia is still convinced that its primary purpose is to fuck with Russia.
>>
>>1896647
>It later became a more general sort of military organisation that appears to be slowly merging with the United Nations,
NATO is an extension of US force progression. It serves US interests first, last, and only.
>>
You're basically retarded if you're buying this retired cold war propaganda.

The corruption in Russia is due to the large scale sell off of all the Soviet assets, a process completely designed by Washington which lead to the largest fall in living standards in history. Putin improved the living standards of Russians in an exceptional way since taking power and the country is moving towards its former glory with his guidance.

The United States literally wants to eat the entire world. It's pathetic that there are people who haven't realised this already.
>>
>>1897006
>Putin improved the living standards of Russians in an exceptional way since taking power and the country is moving towards its former glory with his guidance.
Hail Putin!

But seriously, the rise of wealth was because of the rise of oil prices. It has nothing to do with Putin. Actually he's a big idiot for not diversifying the economy and relying solely on digging shit from the ground and selling it to mostly Europe. Pathetic.
>>
File: CvebCMAWYAAqkij.jpg (40KB, 394x395px) Image search: [Google]
CvebCMAWYAAqkij.jpg
40KB, 394x395px
>>1894554
Modern Russia is what the USSR saw Capitalist countries as back in the days. Russia today is a caricature of itself.
>>
>>1896667
>It serves US interests first, last, and only.
And the UN doesn't?
>>
>>1897017
why are they being served gold coins in a restaurant?

fucking propagandist had ONE job
>>
>>1897020
It would if not for China and Russia. US has to actually bargain and explain itself to get the UN to do what it wants. Oh I have no illusions about the UN ever actually standing up to the US or going counter to their interests, but as an agent of the US's will it's inefficient and unwieldy compared to NATO, which goes instantly wherever the US points to.
>>
>>1893195
>Why do so people think Russia is being encircled by NATO?

Promises were made when the USSR dissolved that NATO would not expand east.

West = Good Guys / Russia = Bad Guys is no different than the Russian propaganda that posters like this >>1894489 put out there. With no USSR the "West" has been rather desparate to find a new enemy, Middle-Eastern dictators haven't been enough so they just went back to blaming Russia for all the worlds ills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6pN6WeulxU
>>
>>1894464
>shitty mercator projection
>including Taiwan in Gommunist China
>"forgetting" that the US supports Worst Korea against Best Korea
Oh, for fuck's sake!

And here's a nice little scenario that may play out: Putler does something stupid and EU counter attack. The war is bloody, brutal, bungling and mercifully short.

EU goes first for the Arkangelsk-Astrakan-line and second for the Ural mountains.

Knowing that the greatest threat to post-war change is the cadre of officers, so they are targeted with extreme prejudice.

The rest of Russia would be relatively easy for China to roll into and grab all the land they can get. Or have it as a banana republic for natural resources. Therefore, Russia must seek help from EU.

That help may be given, but not unconditional. All symbols and insitutions of russian specialness must be purged. Such as the cossacks, that are basically used by Kremlin as a redneck bioweapon against the natives. Or why not the parades with loli and shota suicide-bombers: >>1894489

>>1894607
Because it was a fucking communist coup!

>>1896465
>Because NATO has been steadily swallowing up its former buffer state
Nice use of words, bydlo! No one is forced to enter NATO. Sweden had a golden opportunity to enter NATO in the 1940s. Is considered an inofficial member of NATO. But can't be forced to enter it.
>>
>>1897056
>Because it was a fucking communist coup!

He rigged an election and had protestors gunned down in the streets. West didn't care. Putin puts Russia first and suddenly we care about human rights and democracy in Russia. Suddenly Putin is literallly Hitler.
>>
>>1897058
>and had protestors gunned down in the streets
It's ok when it's commies.
>>
>>1896667
>"forgetting" about that thing called Europe
>"forgetting" about Stalin's rape train to Berlin
>>
>>1897058
>>1897062
>tfw RT shills are getting paid yet still can't make a good case
Yeah, the protestors dindu noffing wrong. Not even sniped.
>>
>>1897043
>Promises were made when the USSR dissolved that NATO would not expand east.
No such thing. Stop parroting Russian lies.
>>
>>1897043
>With no USSR the "West" has been rather desparate to find a new enemy, Middle-Eastern dictators haven't been enough so they just went back to blaming Russia for all the worlds ills.
That is as intelligent as saying that if we put a ball of cotton into a fire, we can't say that it's the fire that turn it into ashes.

So how about this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_theater_hostage_crisis

Some 170 dead because they didn't handed out an antidote to the gas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beslan_school_siege

Some 385 dead because of fire rockets and RPG.

So yeah, if this is how Russia solves relatively small incidents, there's no reason to believe that they are any different elsewhere, as seen in Georgia, Ukraine and Syria.
>>
File: 1458404628279.jpg (356KB, 1339x847px) Image search: [Google]
1458404628279.jpg
356KB, 1339x847px
>>1896465

This, also in just the past 30 years NATO invaded a dozen countries just because it was in the interest of the US, going as far as completely destroying civil society in some of these like Iraq and Afganistan which as we'we all seen has led to some pretty fucked up consequences today with perpetual civil wars and ISIS.
>>
>>1896465
>Because NATO has been steadily swallowing up its former buffer states
Can you even list them? The only expansion in former USSR was in 2004, more than 12 years ago. Do ever consider why it has become an issue just now?

>even though we unofficially officially promised them we wouldn't do
derp

>>1897160
>also in just the past 30 years NATO invaded a dozen countries just because it was in the interest of the US

list them then

>also in just the past 30 years NATO invaded a dozen countries just because it was in the interest of the US
Muslim shitholes led by dictators like Saddam and medieval clans like Taliban had no civil society to begin with.
>>
>>1894464
Yes, and they're their by invitation AGAINST Russian aggression and neo-imperialist domination.

No shit the Rooskies don't like it. Maybe they should ask themselves why most of their neighbours think they're douchebags. The only neighbours friendly to Rooskies are either bought and paid for, or because they needed to cozy up to a Russian protector against other regional bullies.
>>
>>1894489
>Every dictatorial regime needs an enemy
Exactly, so US propaganda created the Russian boogeyman
>>
>>1897187
>Yes, and they're their by invitation AGAINST Russian aggression and neo-imperialist domination.
Well obviously they are, it conflicts with their own imperialism and aggression. They want an obedient client state out of Russia they can control and exploit like they've done with the rest of Europe, but Russia isn't backing down.
>>
>>1897160
To be fair, the civil society in Afghanistan was already destroyed by the Soviets and the Taliban. But I definitely agree with you on Iraq.
>>
>>1897391
The soviets were there to support the government in their fight against the US supported Taliban. So really it's USA and their Taliban boys that destroyed afghanistan.
>>
>>1897402
But then the US-led coalition eventually more or less restored the government rule. I guess it's even now.
>>
>>1897402
The taliban was founded in 1994, after the collapse of the soviet union. Fucking kill yourself vatnik.
>>
File: typical-vatnik.jpg (75KB, 475x604px) Image search: [Google]
typical-vatnik.jpg
75KB, 475x604px
>>1896153
MUH BEEG STRONK TRADISHUNAL MAN PUTIN GONA KEEL THOS DEGENERATE J00 WESTERN PIGDEVILS!!!!!! ANY1 WHOO DISAGREE IZ A SHILLARY LIAR!!!!
>>
File: russiastronk.png (1MB, 900x2256px) Image search: [Google]
russiastronk.png
1MB, 900x2256px
>>1897006
>muh putin bring great economic growth to mother rossiya!
Delusional.
>>
>>1897062
It's important to point the differences between post-Stalinist Russian "communism" and (((communism))).

After Kruschev, Russian "communism" became nothing more than a vessel of Russian nationalism. Modern "communists" in Russia are pro-Orthodox and love Alexander Nevsky as much as they love Stalin.

When (((anti-communists))) say they hate communists, they hate this kind of communism. They do not hate the kind of internationalist communism that murdered millions of Russians between 1917 and 1936, from Red Terror to dekulakization. All those (((neoconservatives))) who live in the U.S. and talk about "democracy" and "liberty" are the children and grandchildren of communists who slaughtered Russian innocents, and they hate Russia because they got purged.
>>
File: 2e6.jpg (33KB, 421x640px) Image search: [Google]
2e6.jpg
33KB, 421x640px
>Russia literally annexes a region from another country
>"why is the evil west paiting russia as bad, fucking fascist jews, we dindu nuttin"

You can't make this shit up.
>>
>>1897555
>gdp lower than fucking spain
pathetic
>>
>>1897627
>West bombs a Orthodox Christian country and then literally separates a region from it
>"why is evil Russia so paranoid, fucking homophobic fascistic Christians, we dindu nuffin"
>>
>>1897555
>>1897633
This list doesn't consider purchasing power parity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)
>>
>>1893195

>demise of ussr orchestrated by western bankers
>usa begins bombing slav countries for literally no reason
>usa randomly invades iraq and Afghanistan for practically no reason
>wonders why russians are concerned about the west
>>
>>1897646
Tell me again the religion of Ukraine, you proud Orthodox defender?

Fucking retard.
>>
File: russia-inequality.png (15KB, 600x371px) Image search: [Google]
russia-inequality.png
15KB, 600x371px
>>1897648
And that not even per capita.
It doesn't count when Russian median wealth per capita is less than India.
>>
>>1897673
>>usa begins bombing slav countries for literally no reason
name them

And excuse my ignorance, but didn't the great Slavic defender Russia just recently annex a territory from a hmmm Slavic country?
>>
File: Russia1.png (179KB, 3003x1503px) Image search: [Google]
Russia1.png
179KB, 3003x1503px
>>1897689
>>
File: Russia2.png (322KB, 3002x1502px) Image search: [Google]
Russia2.png
322KB, 3002x1502px
>>1897697
>>
File: Russia31.png (200KB, 2996x1521px) Image search: [Google]
Russia31.png
200KB, 2996x1521px
>>1897699
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-30-10-07-28.png (183KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-30-10-07-28.png
183KB, 540x960px
>>1897689

Is that like how denmark has slightly lower wealth inequality than Zimbabwe
>>
>>1897646
>serbs dindu nuffin
>yugoslavia ancient great serbian clay
>west is full of facists but gas the croats, bosnians and albanians твн
>>
Because of agressive American imperialism.
Russia didn't stage a coup in Poland or Germany, USA staged a coup in Ukraine.
Russia is defensive here. Whatever your stance is on Russia as a state and Russians as people, they are not the agressors in this case.
How do you think Americans would react if Russians played in their backyard? See how they reacted to Soviet nukes in Cuba.
>>
File: _73275289_73275288.jpg (38KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
_73275289_73275288.jpg
38KB, 624x351px
>>1897710
>they are not the agressors in this case.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-30-10-15-43.png (131KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-30-10-15-43.png
131KB, 540x960px
>>1897722

That doesn't seem to contradict his point?
>>
>>1897709
It doesn't matter what Serbs did, USA took it upon themselves to be the sole judge in global politics.
NATO intervention in Kosovo was an illegal action, and it was based on outright fabrication in part (Operation Horseshoe).
And while Serbs commited crimes in Kosovo, those supported by NATO (KLA) did the same and no one gave a fuck. They did so right under NATO troops noses.
Sorry you either practice what you preach or you don't. In latter case, you have no real moral high ground. Russians have their own legitimate interests and so do Americans.
But Americans are the agressive side here. Not Russians.
>>
>>1897726
>occupy and annex a territory
>not an aggression
>>
>>1897729

It was soviet territory not Ukrainian. There was nothing to annex.
>>
>>1897722
Yes, that's an agression in response to American agression. They didn't make a move first.
>>
>>1894489
>and whiteness

Not in the slightest, modern Russian nationalism is heavily Eurasianist
>>
>>1897729
It is an agression. No doubt about that.
But so are most of American actions since the Cold War started.
And this particular Russian move was provoked by American agression.
And while arguably they were lesser evil in Cold War, right now they play the role of USSR. "Evil empire", as one of their presidents put it.
>>
>>1897734
>>1897733
this is what the shills are actually propagading
>>
>>1897734
>that's an aggression in response to American aggression
I suppose the Euromaidan protesters were all CIA plants?
>>
>>1897742
>And while arguably they were lesser evil in Cold War, right now they play the role of USSR. "Evil empire", as one of their presidents put it.
And let me guess - Russia is the good guy?
>>
I just love how Russian shills provide no sources or basis for their claims, while the other side posts graphs, maps and refer to actual treaties and documents.

Unfortunately the /pol/ infestations is so big, actual facts are overlooked.

>muh Russia is being encircled
>>1893195
>b-but Russia is still the victim

>NATO have invaded dozens of nations
post no list of countries
No list of countries gets provided
>>
>>1897710
>they are not the agressors in this case
>>1897742
>It is an agression. No doubt about that.

Are you a schizophrenic?
I remember Putin denying the green soldiers in Crimea were Russian and then two months later he admitted they were and gave them medals. You Russians surely change facts fast.
>>
It's good that Russia is being surrounded. Them and China.

We should proclaim it.

We are surrounding you.
We are containing you
And one day, we will destroy you.
>>
>>1897743
Your black-and-white version is more like shilling than mine. I'm not the one pretending that one side is faultless while other side is pure evil.
Russians have their own interests and so do Americans. But Americans are the agressive side here, that's my point.
>>1897744
No. But those protests were hijacked pretty quickly.
Did you ever hear about counter-Maidan protests? Of course you didn't.
>>
>>1897770
>But Americans are the agressive side here, that's my point.
Which country invaded another one? Which country annexed a part of another country?
>>
>>1897767
>we
>>
>>1897767

Eh I'm pretty sure that the us is unable to effectively fight a land war in Eurasia. WW2 kind of proved that
>>
>>1897734
UKIP and other eurosceptic parties are heavily financed by russia. Does that now legitimise the EU to occupy Scotland and northern ireland?
>>
>>1897749
Russia is lesser evil.
>>1897762
Putin lied, and so do Russians. I'm not playing PR here, you just want to pretend I'm some Kremlin bot because I'm raping your two-color version of geopolitics.
And I'm afraid you're mentally challenged if you don't understand my point. It was a counter-agression to American agression. It's still an agression obviously. But this is Americans playing in Russian backyard, not Russia sponsoring coups in Mexico or something.
>>
Reminder that Russia LITERALLY has an army of full time paid shitposters and that is the only reason why places like /pol/ are pro-Russian.
>>
>>1897786
>It's still an agression obviously.
Then why did you say it's not?

>Russian backyard
No such thing. That's Russian imperialism still thinking Ukraine is their property. It's a sovereign country you invaded, not your "backyard"
>>
>>1897780
No, but here's what we can do.

Ring the Eurasian despots with missiles, armies, airbases and our friends.
Let them know any act on their part will be met with massive force. Scare them into submission. Don't give them one more inch in Ukraine or else Moscow will be reduced to a black crater. Not one move against Taiwan or else Beijing will burn to the ground. Isolate them economically. Sanction them, sign deals that exclude them. Let them rot.

Then we move to destroy them either by force (i.e. marching upon Moscow and Beijing and personally hanging every son of a bitch there) or by destabilisation (funneling weapon and support to the independence movements in Hong Kong, Chechnya and so on) that will tear them apart bit by bit.
>>
>>1897775
Russia.
>>1897782
Yes.
>>
>>1897791
In my ex-Eastern bloc country every singe news site's comment section is occupied by these trolls, repeating 24/7 the official Russian propaganda, spreading lies and misinformation. It's disgusting.
>>
>>1897794

From where? Pakistan? They are Chinese aligned.

You are better off just nuking russia or something psychotic like that.
>>
>>1897792
Where did I say it's not? I just said America is the agressive side in geopolitical sense, not Russia. Do you understand the difference?
>it's a sovereign country you invaded
Yes, they did, no doubt. But Americans do the same. What's the difference here?
That's how the world works.
>>
File: 1446434353925.jpg (55KB, 720x485px) Image search: [Google]
1446434353925.jpg
55KB, 720x485px
>>1893195
One just needs to look up the Opium Wars to find out what happens to countries that don't respond or counteract agression of Le Eternal Anglo and consolidated allies.
>>
>>1897803
And in my Balkan country Western-aligned dictator and his media friends do the same in reverse.
I live in Montenegro. You're really lost if you don't see that both sides employ propaganda.
>>
>>1897811
>Where did I say it's not?
here
>>1897710
>they are not the agressors in this case.
You LITERALLY said Russians are not the aggressors in this case, and then you admitted they are and now you're actually denying you said they're not aggressors. It's like arguing with a fucking woman.
>>
>>1897830
They are not the agressors in geopolitical sense. Are you retarded, seriously?
Do you not understand the difference?
>>
>>1897727
You russians are so fucking hypocritical. USA intervenes to stop a genocide, "Oh it doesn't matter, it's against international law, they have no right to do that muh sovereignty", Russia fucking annexes part of a country as revenge for their puppet being overthrown "xaxaxaxaxa western fool international law does not matter sovereignty is not real only sphere of influence and geopolitics xaxaxaxaxa"
>>
>>1897858
I'm not Russian, and USA didn't intervene to stop genocide, nor were there any plans for genocide.
You are as hypocritical as Russians are. You have your own sense of moral superiority and so do Russians.
No one in this thread is really impartial but you are very far from it, I at least try to be as objective as possible.
>>
>>1897837
>They are not the agressors in geopolitical sense.
>>
>>1897873
>there were no plans for genocide
HURR DURR SREBRENICA DONT REAL

Edward Herman, please get off 4chan.
>>
>>1897837
Please, be fucking consistent. Either aggression, fairness etc doesn't matter and it's all about geopolitical interests, no ideals or niceness involved, or you have to be fair and aim for justice. You can't say that whenever the US does something it's evil and unfair, but when Russia does it it doesn't matter because "hehehe morality isnt real only geopolitics kiddo"
>>
>>1897880

That was a battle not a genocide.
>>
File: 1476832750874.jpg (109KB, 658x960px) Image search: [Google]
1476832750874.jpg
109KB, 658x960px
>>1897904
>rounding up and executing civilians is a battle
>>
>>1897895

That's because Russia hasn't actually killed anyone except in self defense.
>>
>>1897914

The Eight Thousand (TM)?
>>
File: 1476717463636.png (710KB, 576x864px) Image search: [Google]
1476717463636.png
710KB, 576x864px
>>1897915
>>
>>1897915
>all those chechnyan children had bombs in their coats I swear
>>
>>1897917
>if I repeat a number and put an ironic (TM) on it then I win

Go back to /pol/, fuckwit.
>>
>>1897919

Georgia war wasn't self defense?
>>
>>1897923

So by your definition the American Civil War was a genocide
>>
File: Putin-prop-1.jpg (90KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
Putin-prop-1.jpg
90KB, 604x604px
>>1897915
>Russia hasn't actually killed anyone except in self defense
>>
>>1897941

It hurts because it's true.
>>
>>1897932
One could make a case that Sherman's March to the sea was near-genocidal (and many do) but I'm glad that is what this thread is about.
>>
File: 1475850713303.jpg (380KB, 1403x992px) Image search: [Google]
1475850713303.jpg
380KB, 1403x992px
>>1897932
>>1897926
>>1897944
Here we see a typical Vatnik defence mechanism, meaningless, irrelevant gibberish that adds absolutely nothing to the discussion, and serves only to derail their opponents argument.
>>
>>1897943
Yes, it's real in my mind.
>>
>>1897948
I was >>1897944
I was calling the bydlo a faggot, not agreeing with his non-sequitur.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-30-11-13-48.png (120KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-30-11-13-48.png
120KB, 540x960px
>>1897948

Well then. Russia hasn't attacked any country that didn't attack it first, or get overthrown in a US coup.
>>
>>1897948
It's the Russian way: say a bunch of unrelated and messy lies and half-truths so that the actual truth and argument be lost in an avalanche of shit.
>>
>>1897959

Wow. US side is arguing with itself twice. Impressive
>>
>>1897958
Did Georgia attack Russia?
>>
>>1897958
Did Ukraine attack Russia?
>>
>>1897965

It attacked transnistra, which is a Russian ally.
>>
>>1897957
Sorry about that, replied to your post by accident.

>>1897969
I think you mean Abkhazia, and it's not a "Russian ally", it's a Russian puppet state created to weaken Georgia.
>>
>>1897969
Georgia attacked Transnistria, the breakaway Moldovan republic, almost 500km away from its furthest point?

Damn those imperialist Georgians, with their global hegemony.

(I think you meant Abkhazia/South Ossetia, which Russia invaded Georgia to support seceding from Georgia)
>>
File: 1477163272597.jpg (47KB, 702x466px) Image search: [Google]
1477163272597.jpg
47KB, 702x466px
>muh encirclement

should have thought about it before being a cunt to your former-USSR neibghours

>USSR is dissolved
>Russia immediately starts infringing on former USSR countries independence
>former USSR countries beg to be incorporated into NATO in response
>"HURRRR, WHY ARE YOU ENCIRCELING ME!?!?!?!?!?"
>Russia holds regular 80,000 troop drills just on the other side of the border
>NATO does 800 troop trill as a response
>"OMG, THE NATO IS PREPARING TO WAR WITH US"
>Russia regularily violates its neibghour's airspace with its fighter jets
>NATO starts partolling the skies in response
>"ITS HAPPENING, ITS HAPPENING, THE WAR IS IMMINENT"
>>
>>1897975

Okay so you can't find any example of Russia attacking someone besides self defense or in response to a coup.
>>
>>1897981

Was it near the NATO nuclear bases in Turkey
>>
File: f1f.jpg (164KB, 2176x1628px) Image search: [Google]
f1f.jpg
164KB, 2176x1628px
>>1897982
>self defence in response to a coup
Self defence happens in response to being attacked, not in response to your puppet losing grip. Russia was not threatened by Maidan, they were just salty at not having a puppet state nearby.
>>
>>1897982
How was invading Georgia self-defence? Honestly, it was definitely a humanitarian invasion, but it was still an invasion.
>>
>>1897991
>Was it near the NATO nuclear bases in Turkey
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>1897994

Sooo did they find any WMDs in the Crimea
>>
>>1897997

The NATO air bases with nuclear weapons in Turkey
>>
>>1898001
>Sooo did they find any WMDs in the Crimea
¿What Did He Mean By This?
>>
>>1898005
>>1898001
??????
>>
>>1898006

Has russia ever used a false flag terrorist attack to justify a war on terror
>>
>>1898014
We don't know for sure, but it's likely.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings
>>
File: 1465917025044.jpg (60KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1465917025044.jpg
60KB, 500x500px
>>1897991
>>1898005

"Everything Russia is subjected to has been due to its own malevolent attitude to its neibghours"
>"Was it near the NATO nuclear bases in Turkey"
"What did he mean by this?"
>"The NATO air bases with nuclear weapons in Turkey"

????????????
>>
>>1898018

Good point.

Even so russia doesn't even have the logistical capabilities to attack the us or western Europe so it's silly to credit it with wanting to destroy either.

It could threaten Afghanistan but I think it's given up on that.
>>
>>1898014
That's a weird non-sequitur.
>>
>>1893195

Russia is always "becoming more threatening", "about to destroy the world", "plotting to attack Western Europe", and so on.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (32KB, 1008x672px) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
32KB, 1008x672px
>>1898018
>>
>>1898054
As I said, it's not known for sure, but the argument is compelling, and it's very odd that Litvinenko, one of the main proponents of this theory was poisoned by Russia, and "Berezovsky died in 2013 in the United Kingdom; he was found hanged but the coroner did not rule it suicide but requested an open verdict.".
>>
>>1897858
>stop a genocide
It took nearly 10 years for this to build up and finally come along and happen. What the fuck did you think all of NATO was doing in this time period?

They were divvying up the country based off of ethnic/national lines in perpetuity by making backdoor deals with Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, ect.

Everyone at the time knew there was going to be repercussions for moving in without the UN. Everyone at the time knew this. As a matter of fact, the Council on Foreign Relations has an article contemporary to the conflict that said along the lines of the following

>By opening the door into intervening in Serbia, Russia has now figured that the West was going to operate under Russian weakness rather than Russian consent

And then goes on to warn that this could mean the return of Russian nationalism.

Meanwhile, even Wesley Clark was deeply critical of the intervention as we ran out of precision guided munitions and started raining bombs everywhere.

Enough with the American exceptionalism bullshit.
>>
>>1897775
Friendly reminder that Russia and Ukraine nearly went to war over this exact same issue 20 years ago.

Ukraine as it is now is in no way shape or form capable of honoring any past treaty it has made with Russia over access to the Black Sea.
>>
File: 1447012231457.png (792KB, 1301x673px) Image search: [Google]
1447012231457.png
792KB, 1301x673px
>>1897516
>>
>>1898082
MUJAHIDEEN, not TALIBAN, learn to fucking read faggot. The Taliban was founded in 1994, AFTER the Soviet Union fucking collapsed, they were formed in response to abuses from MUJAHIDEEN warlords, and the MUJAHIDEEN kept fighting against them for years.
>>
File: 1444247277490.jpg (596KB, 2151x1606px) Image search: [Google]
1444247277490.jpg
596KB, 2151x1606px
>>1897516
>>1898082
>>
>>1898089

It's still amusing that they edited the shot. In fact that makes it more amusing.
>>
>>1898094
The Arab mujahideen were different from the normal Afghan mujahideen, they were the radical Islamists who would later become Al-Qaeda. They were, however, not funded by the US, because they already had plenty of money (they came from oil rich arab countries and were funded by rich guys like Osama).
>>
>>1898099

Charlie Wilson's War
>>
>>1898111
Your citation is a fucking comedy film? Are you serious? Nice trips btw.
>>
>>1897179
>Can you even list them? The only expansion in former USSR was in 2004, more than 12 years ago. Do ever consider why it has become an issue just now?
Dude, what?

>1999
>Czech Republic
>Hungary
>Poland

>Muslim shitholes led by dictators like Saddam and medieval clans like Taliban had no civil society to begin with.
US armed the fuck out of both to counteract the Soviet Union and Iran.
>>
>>1898123
1999 is earlier than 2004, you still haven't explained why it's only an issue now (hint: it isn't a real issue, Russia is just having domestic troubles and needs to distract its populace)
>>
>>1898099

Ah, the "moderate Afghan rebellion".
>>
he was referring to Yugoslavia, you dipshit.
>>
>>1896194
>Yourr media
0.5 rubles have been deposited into your account
Remember to buy new RIDF and Putin posters, Dmytry!
>>
>>1898129
But it was an issue back then:
>The Clinton administration that took over in 1993 attempted to enlarge NATO while maintaining good relations with Russia. It was a forlorn hope. The Russians were alienated and alarmed by Western military intervention in Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq, and Afghanistan. They believed, with little justification, that the “colour revolutions” in Georgia, Kyrghyzstan and Ukraine were fuelled not by legitimate local grievances but by the machinations of the CIA, and feared they would be next.

And talking about 90s Russia in particular is interesting because their economy was so fucked to the Sun and back that they had no real way of counter-acting western influence in the region.

>Russia is just having domestic troubles and needs to distract its populace
Nothing about Russia today could even compare to how bad it was for them back in the 90s. The only difference now is that they have something resembling a military.

The West has no real interest in negotiating in good faith unless Russia has a military to boot. This is how it all started.
>>
>>1898140
Stop being "le ironic /pol/ shitposter hahahaha everyone is so dumb sarcasm wins every time", and actually fucking engage in a discussion. The mujahideen were not a unified group, that is a popular misconception. They consisted of dozens of ethnic and religious based militias, ranging from western style democratic secularists to khomeneist shi'ite islamists to maoists, to, yes, sunni extremists.
>>
>>1897569
>Everyone who dislikes us is a jew
Hah. Nah mate, your old style communists screwed with enough people to generate quite a bit of hatred for them. Same as why the americans are often despised.
>>
File: 1472574979780.jpg (107KB, 1200x819px) Image search: [Google]
1472574979780.jpg
107KB, 1200x819px
>>1898044
Not and argument.
The US doesn't actually deploy forces, they just spend money.

You do realize that most of that "expenditure" is for Veterans and soldiers welfare? The US military is the biggest social program in the world.
>>
>>1898269
This. The reason their expenditure is so high is because their soldiers are well paid, compared to China, Russia, and most other countries, have a great military provided benefits system, and do huge amounts of research and development, the end results of which are then shared with their allies and stolen by the chinks. The reason Russia has such low expenditure is not because their army is small, it's because they use shitty 70s/80s technology, and treat their soldiers like shit (recruits have been sold as gay prostitutes by their officers, and they didn't even get real socks until 2013).
>>
>>1893195
Because Putin had to save his presidency.
>>
File: 1395094659366.jpg (38KB, 798x500px) Image search: [Google]
1395094659366.jpg
38KB, 798x500px
>>1898327
"save"
>>
>>1897367
Go back to RT, ReTard.
Thread posts: 182
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.