[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Emperor of Austria was the heir to the Roman Emperor. Prove

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Charles_I_of_Austria.jpg (4KB, 120x167px) Image search: [Google]
Charles_I_of_Austria.jpg
4KB, 120x167px
The Emperor of Austria was the heir to the Roman Emperor. Prove me wrong:
Roman Empire→Western Roman Empire→Holy Roman Empire→Austrian Empire→Austro-Hungary

Find a flaw.
>>
>>1892786
>Western Roman Empire→Holy Roman Empire
Here you go.
>>
Also pic related is the Roman Emperor
>>
>holy
first flaw
>roman
second flaw
>empire
third flaw
>>
>>1892807
>le Voltaire maymay xD

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>1892786
Translatio imperii is literally an invention which has nothing to do with reality. Also the nigger doesn't even have an own crown.
>>
File: 1461580053654.jpg (189KB, 831x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1461580053654.jpg
189KB, 831x1000px
>>1892827
>if I call it a meme then it won't be true
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 640x571px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 640x571px
By that logic this guy will be the rightful emperor of Europe within a few years...
>>
The Palaiologos family still exists through the Italian Gonzaga family, which is descended from the Palaiologos of Montferrat. One of the Gonzaga duchesses married into the Hapsburg family in the 1700s. All Austrian emperors are descended from her children. The eastern and western Roman thrones belong to the Hapsburgs.
>>
>>1892861
The Palaiologos family still exists through the Russian Romanov family, which is descended from the Imperial Palaiologos. One of the Palaiologos duchesses married into the Rurik family in the 1400s, who later intermarried with the Romanovs. All Russian emperors are descended from her children. The eastern and western Roman thrones belong to the Romanovs.
>>
>>1892872

The Palaiologos of Monferrat have existed since the 1100s. The Romanov Palaiologos only since the 1400s.
>>
>>1892880
And? Sophia was more closely related to the Constantine than the Monferratians
>>
>>1892891

Theodore of Montferrat was the third son of Andronikos II, the second Palaiologos emperor.
>>
>>1892898
And Sophia is a daughter of Thomas Palaiologos, the despot of Morea and brother of Constantine XI, your point?
>>
>>1892880
>The Palaiologos of Monferrat have existed since the 1100s. The Romanov Palaiologos only since the 1400s.
That would actually mean the Romanovs would have a better claim though. Royal succession goes to more recent lines, not older ones.
>>
>>1892922

I would say the Gonzaga family is more legitimate. Thomas was penniless, and Sophia's line ended in the 1600s.
>>
>>1892937
"Legitimacy" in a royal succession sense doesn't depend on how wealthy you are.
>>
everyone knows the line of the Roman Emperors moved to Byzantium from Constantine onword, and when Byzantine fell the Russian C-zars became the successors

and thus when the communist killed the Romanovs they destroyed the last of the Roman emperors (thus communism destroyed Rome).
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.