[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't even imagine how awful pre xxi century wars were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: frfreferfre.jpg (181KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
frfreferfre.jpg
181KB, 800x534px
I can't even imagine how awful pre xxi century wars were

After doing sport you just want to go home shower, drink water and sleep

Now think that you are in the middle of russia and you have no clean clothes (it's all wet), it's -10ºc, your food consists on shitty soup and the best of all: you have a sargeant telling you that if you leave your trenche when the russians tanks come he will beat you

or being in lybia at 50ºc and almost no water and your sargeants drinks the last bottle of water "because he is a sargeant" and you are starting to have a heat stroke but you know you still need to walk 15km back to base (but if you leave behind your helmet and machinegun you will be beaten)
>>
>this thread gets no replies

>what would you prefer to be : a crusader or a stalingrad soldier thread gets 200
>>
>>1892275

OP, you made a pretty uncontroversial statement "lmao wow being a soldier before the 21st century must suck!" And giving a few random hypothetical scenarios of how war sucked (instead of picking from the thousands of real accounts of how war sucked).

What sort of groundbreaking discussion were you expecting? "No it didn't"? The OP was a shit prompt for discussion.
>>
>>1891714
I suppose any war sucked
>>
>>1891714
>I can't even imagine how awful pre xxi century wars were
Then you likely also cannot imagine how hard life could be in pre industrial times if you didn't happen to be born as one of the lucky few.
Why are you guys so obsessed with war?
>>
>>1892280
i just mean that going to war didnt just suck becaause of the chances of being killed

but that walking to the battle without modern trucks to carry your water and food was way more hellish than the fact of being beaten and killed by your enemies
>>
>>1891714
War sucks, the only people that advocate war are the ones not affected negatively by it.
>>
>>1892295
>but that walking to the battle without modern trucks to carry your water and food was way more hellish than the fact of being beaten and killed by your enemies

I disagree that poor logistics is necessarily worse than being killed by your enemy (being killed sucks no matter how you swing it), but poor logistics often meant you did die, whether you starved, died of thirst, got sick / wounded with no medical supplies, froze to death, heat stroke, etc. It also meant you were miserable the whole way there, so yeah I guess dying of dehydration or infection probably sucks worse than getting your head blown off, since at least the latter is a quick exit. In most premodern wars more soldiers were killed by the myriad other factors of disease and the elements than they were in battle.

So yes, poor logistics sucks, and modern western powers have the luxury of good logistics and generally quick extraction for sick and wounded. Still, 21st century wars are still pretty shit for non-modern non-professional armies, It wouldn't be fun being some militant in Syria and I can't imagine their logistical situation is enviable right now.
>>
>>1892285
>Why are you guys so obsessed with war?

Penises do that.
>>
>>1891714

>20th century European armies beat their soldiers to maintain discipline

Lolwut
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.