[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The U.S betrayed the UK at the Suez Canal and has cucked them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

The U.S betrayed the UK at the Suez Canal and has cucked them since.
Prove me Wrong.
Pro tip: You can't
>>
The US betrayed Britain long before that.

The US supplied aid to Britain in WW2 only if their demands to dismantle the Empire were met.

The two countries' continuing friendship is bizarre.
>>
>>1883643
The U.S also made plans to go to war with the British Empire in the late 20s, early 30. (Its called War Plan Red for those who want to look it up)
>>
>>1883632
The us needed to keep up appearance (I.e. not annex territory) in order to counter the Soviet Unions anti-imperialist rhetoric. Therefor, it couldn't support allies imperialistic endeavors.
>>
>>1883632
Every country in the world is either America's lapdog, or at the very least playing to the American fiddle.
The countries that refuse are labeled as rogue states.
>>
>>1883632

The entire idea of USA is a betrayal of U.K though...
>>
>>1883643
>The US supplied aid to Britain in WW2 only if their demands to dismantle the Empire were met.

The British also supplied a ton to us in reverse lend-lease.

And FDR's position had always been not to discuss territorial changes and boundaries until the war had ended. He's been criticized ever since for not doing what you suggest and forcing an agreement when the USA had the most leverage.
>>
Literally nothing wrong with betraying the Eternal Anglo. A good thing, really
>>
>>1883643

>supplied

You mean sold
>>
>>1883632
it compensated for Suez in the Falklands
>>
>>1884098
Not at all, the U.S attempted to get the British government to not retaliate to Argentina only Maggy Thatcher said fuck off
>>
>>1883660
Just because there were battle plans doesn't mean they had intention to actually do it. There are battle plans for almost every scenario, it's just somthing you do when you are fighting no wars and have free time.
>>
>>1883632
>Franco-American ties never recovered from the Suez crisis.[359]
> From the point of view of General de Gaulle, the Suez events demonstrated to France that it could not rely on its allies; the British had initiated a ceasefire in the midst of the battle without consulting the French, while the Americans had opposed Paris politically. The damage to the ties between Paris and Washington D.C. "culminated in President de Gaulle's 1966 decision to withdraw from the military integration of NATO".[360]

Fucking anglos!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.