[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Despite being ibero-germanic afro-asiatic i would like to know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: peninsula-iberica.jpg (14KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
peninsula-iberica.jpg
14KB, 400x273px
Despite being ibero-germanic afro-asiatic i would like to know more about pre-roman Iberian culture.

I know that cantabrians and basques preserved it quite well but for others is more difficult
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>1876533
Bergistani were defeated by Elephant Man when he was crossing to Rome. They then tried to rebel against Rome in 197 but Cato the Elder put them down. When they rebelled again the entire clan was either killed off or enslaved. Livy wrote them having a few Castles with their main castle holding in modern day Berga
>>
File: tumblr_o1lxmyJCMN1sm8cpqo1_1280.jpg (69KB, 1022x953px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1lxmyJCMN1sm8cpqo1_1280.jpg
69KB, 1022x953px
>>1876533
Ebin princess leia hairstyles
>>
>>1876533
It was kind of the same deal as with what happened to Gaul later. The Lusitanians tried to unite the Iberians under Viriathus, but he had only limited success uniting them despite his battle prowess. If i recall correctly, he was eventually butchered by his own bribed bodyguards or something.
>>
File: Los_Millares_recreacion_cuadro.jpg (182KB, 1024x739px) Image search: [Google]
Los_Millares_recreacion_cuadro.jpg
182KB, 1024x739px
>>1876533
Late copper age/Early bronze age cultures were quite interesting, however they all collapsed and didn't advance further, I'm thinking about Los Millares (pic related), the people who built it also built a number of tholoi tombs, but there wasn't apparently any direct contact between Minoans and Iberians, and, in fact, the Iberian tholoi precede the Minoan ones by a millenium.
Above them the Motilla cultures built a few weird structures called Motillas that vaguely resemble Nuraghi.

The El Argar people occupied the South Eastern portion of the Peninsula and produced some of the earliest European swords (El Argar type), they also used to store large quantities of gold.

Ancient Iberians and Sardinians used to trade during the late Bronze age and early Iron age, Sardinians probably were intermediaries between the Aegean world and Iberia and brought some Cyptiotic objects to the Peninsula.

Later, after the Phoenicians had arrived around 800 bc and started settling in Southern Iberia (attention, the date of 1100 bc for the foundation of Gadir is a pure myth, archaeological research has shown that the city wasn't older than the 8th century bc), some of the native people of Southern Iberia, the Turdetani, started developing their own script around the 7-6th century bc, called the Turdetan/Tartessian script, which doesn't covey an Indoeuropean language.
Note that the mythical city of Tartessus has never been found, some theories state that the Biblical/Assyrian Tarshish was Tartessus, Tarshish itself has never been precisely located, some scholars argued it was Tarsus in Anatolia, others Tharros in Sardinia or the lost Tartessus itself in Iberia.

Other scholars agree that the word TRSS indicated a vague Western region rich in silver and not a single town, since the term originally meant mining town, so it might have included both Sardinia and the Iberian peninsula.
>>
>>1877322
>dat pic
looks cozy tbqh
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.