[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that... >Abraham Lincoln's quotes about white

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

Reminder that...

>Abraham Lincoln's quotes about white supremacy in the late 1850s were made when he was running as a moderate Republican trying to assure the Southern states that he wasn't trying to abolish slavery
>There was NEVER a plan to deport black people """""back""""" to Africa, the American Colonization Society strictly supported VOLUNTARY emigration to Liberia, and Lincoln dropped support of the ACS mid-way through the war due to the tepid response from black leaders he consulted
>In his final public address, Lincoln expressed support for granting suffrage to educated black men and black veterans (which led John Wilkes Booth, who was in attendance, to declare it was the "last speech" he would ever make)
>>
What's your point?

Who is making the argument that Lincoln was a racist?

I can't tell if you're defending him or trying to impugn him.
>>
>>1875165
My point is that all of the /pol/tard & Lost Causer talking points that I see repeatedly parroted in Civil War threads ("Lincoln actually hated black people with a passion and wanted to forcibly ship them to Africa before he was killed") are blatantly untrue.
>>
>>1875185
Doesn't change the fact that he didn't go to war over them
>>
>>1875185
To add, I'm perplexed as to how they can simultaneously claim Lincoln was a tyrant who was hell-bent on destroying their way of life from the get-go while also trying to demonstrate that he was "the REAL racist" (unlike the noble Confederacy) by using pre-election quotes in which he states he opposes abolition and racial equality.
>>
>>1875215
He went to war because the South "chimped out" and attacked federal property after unilaterally seceding when they failed to stop the election of a moderate Republican who (as good ol' "South dindu nuffin" boys like to point out) repeatedly made a point of saying he wasn't going to abolish slavery (in a fruitless attempt to preserve the Union).
>>
>>1875185

I'm in a lot of Civil War threads on /pol/ and I've never seen this "Lincoln was the real racist" argument.

What I've seen is people criticize him for the points that you're making--- that he never genuinely supported anything other than integration of American blacks into American society.

I do see people make the false claim that slavery was a minor issue in the lead up to the war.

This is the strangest bait I've ever seen.
>>
>>1875298
Bullshit. At the very least, we get references to the deportation meme, and people love quoting his 1858 speeches while completely ignoring his 1865 speeches.
>>
>>1875305

That's said to defend the Union by racists on /pol/ to alleviate their cognitive dissonance.

Nobody uses that argument to attack Lincoln.

You've got it backwards, that's what makes your bait so bizarre.
>>
Yeah but he did that NDAA thing and deported the protestors and imprisoned some without trial or some shit
>>
>>1875216
To the radical of any stripe, there's no greater sin than hypocrisy, of pushing what they believe to be a great evil not out of conviction but malice and misdirection.

Basically it's projection.
>>
>>1875234
Sounds like that time the 13 colonies unilaterally succeeded and started attacking royal property :^)

Wow his fruitless promises not to abolish slavery didn't stop the south from unilaterally succeeding? Guess that wasn't an important enough issue to keep them in the union.
>>
>>1876930
>Sounds like that time the 13 colonies unilaterally succeeded and started attacking royal property
Not 100%. The South didn't win and proceed to reduce the North to their vassal as the latter slowly faded into irrelevance fell apart.
>>
>>1874877
>trying to assure the Southern states that he wasn't trying to abolish slavery
That sure worked out well.
>>
>>1876956
They kind of forced his hand, y'know?

It's like how Hitler was trying to keep the Soviets out of Europe.
>>
>>1874877

It is also worth noting that people's views do evolve over time, especially in response to new experiences and information. Lots of people in the Union army who did not have any strong feelings about slavery either way were turned into whole-hearted abolitionists very quickly once they got down south and saw just how badly the slaves wanted to be free.
>>
>>1874877
From what (little) I've read, it just seems like Abe was the consummate politician and told whatever audience he was speaking to what they wanted to hear

i.e. if he was speaking to pro-repatriation Northern whites he would support repatriation, and if he was speaking to Northern blacks he would say that he didn't support repatriation
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (50KB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
50KB, 1919x1079px
>>1876956
There's a layer of irony there, if you're willing to appreciate it.

>In all of Lincoln's personal correspondences he abhorred slavery and compared it to life under his tyrannical, illiterate shit-farmer of a dad.
>All of his public correspondences was ensuring the public that his primary goal was keeping the union together and he opposed slavery on grounds that it was hypocritical for a society to call itself "free" which tolerated slavery.
>Lincoln was a compromise moderate elected on a platform of preventing slavery spreading to new states and leaving the already existing slave states alone.
>This was still too extreme for the south and they seceded... mostly because of fears that Lincoln was coming to take their slaves away.
>It was only under emergency wartime powers that emancipation became politically feasible.
>Lincoln timed the Emancipation Proclamation until after the Battle of Antietam because if he did it after a defeat the European powers would have seen it as an act of desperation. Instead, they saw it as the Union taking the moral high ground.
>It was only because Lincoln had emancipated slaves and allowed them to serve in the Union army that the 14th amendment was able to get shoehorned through congress and only because Thaddeus Stevens was good at twisting people's arms. This would not have happened if the war did not drag on and the U.S Army had come into possession of so many emancipated blacks.

TL;DR the south saw the future and the harder they fought to avoid it, the more inevitable that they made it.
>>
File: The Eternal Northerner.png (113KB, 603x712px) Image search: [Google]
The Eternal Northerner.png
113KB, 603x712px
>>1875298

Most of the people on /pol/ who argue that "Lincoln was the real racist" are pro-Yankee shills themselves.
>>
>>1877732
I was under the impression it was

>we wuz good to our slaves! maybe it was racist BUT LINCOLN SAID THIS
>>
>ITT Faggotry on maximum overdrive
>>
File: laughricans.jpg (230KB, 2048x1356px) Image search: [Google]
laughricans.jpg
230KB, 2048x1356px
>>1877768
t. actually believed there was some magic plan to deport ameriblacks
>>
Fuck the Confederacy
>>
>>1877777
yes
>>
>>1877777
hey now, enough of that
>>
File: 1475106691432.png (844KB, 1536x980px) Image search: [Google]
1475106691432.png
844KB, 1536x980px
>>1877777
>>
>Lincoln was a good boy who dindu nuffin
Lincoln violated the constitution and is personally responsible for the murder of 600,000 American citizens. The only reason that people do not think of Lincoln as a monster is because of the fact that he was assassinated before he could enact his plan of post-war purges.
>>
>>1877863
None of what you said has any relevance here.
>>
>>1877870
It was just a friendly reminder that Lincoln was a common enemy of all mankind and was in no way a good president or person.
>>
>>1877903
Ok.
>>
>>1877777

Fuck you.

I hope every last Northerner dies in a fire. Nuclear fire.
>>
File: remove yankee.png (2MB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
remove yankee.png
2MB, 1200x797px
>>1877903

This^

The Yankee is the enemy of the Earth itself.

Their physical removal from existence is not only preferred, but necessary.
>>
File: YankeeCuck.png (187KB, 1311x866px) Image search: [Google]
YankeeCuck.png
187KB, 1311x866px
>>
>>1877757

Nah, Yankee/pol/ is usually like "Dixieniggers/Jews screwed the White Man by bringing over niggers (ignoring the centuries European empires spent sanctioning the slave trade) to fuck them. Lincoln would've shipped them all back and fought the Jews but those stupid Southfags shot him (ignoring the fact that John Wilkes Booth was barely Southern himself). Fuck the South... *bubblers on into mindless Sherman worship*."
>>
>>1877977

Dead on.

Their go-to is that the Confederacy was a Jewish conspiracy. Nevermind the essentially equal representation of Jews in the civil and military structures of the two nations.
>>
>>1877963
>>1877970
>>1877977

This LARP shit is the most cancerous thing I have ever seen.
>>
>>1877863
>South attacks a federal fort
>hurr Lincoln's fault

Kill yourself Cletus.
>>
File: nazis are kikes.png (67KB, 362x408px) Image search: [Google]
nazis are kikes.png
67KB, 362x408px
>>1877983

Everything is a Jewish conspiracy on /pol/

Even /pol/ itself
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.