[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've learned enough of HIStory. What about some HERstory?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: topgraphic2015[1].jpg (406KB, 1111x508px) Image search: [Google]
topgraphic2015[1].jpg
406KB, 1111x508px
I've learned enough of HIStory. What about some HERstory?

History of women thread
>>
>>1870997
They gave birth to many important men and are therefore responsible for everything that they've done
>>
Most women of History have had marginal roles to play but their importance have been inflated due to a growing demand to shove women into everything.
>>
>>1871030
oh look, a disgusting roach. Thanks for the warning.
>>
>>1871030
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>1871030
>>1871256
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>1871014
Coins has two sides in the end, so it's not relevant.
>>
>>1871243
>>1871030
You guys are worse than he'll ever be.
>>
>>1871243
>>1871266
I literally never notice when someone has a trip. I never read their name and I never remember it. They might as well be Anonymous. You fuckers on the other hand...I never not notice that obnoxious wall of text you shove in every thread. Tripfags can post some worthy things. These dumb responses serve no purpose but to derail threads because it bothers you that someone is using a feature you don't like.

Literally go fuck yourself faggot.
>>
>>1870997
There is not a single thing about Maria Theresa of Austria that I don't love.

First of all, the story of her and her husband is... Pretty fucking cool for that time. Of course Maria Theresa was going to be handed off in an arranged marriage, but one of the candidates was her soon-to-be husband Francis. They grew close even when it looked like she was going to be handed to another man, but that deal didn't go through and she ended up with the man she grew to love. And as far as history has told, the two were very much in love with one another all through their reign. 16 kids, too. When her husband died, Maria Theresa was so grief-stricken that she surrounded herself in black. Her clothes, the paint on her walls... She fell ill, and those who were close to her had testified that her death came from grief (smallpox tho). She ruled alongside her husband. They shared the throne.

Anyway, basic knowledge of Maria Theresa states that she caused major economic, educational, and religious reform (among many other things) as well as stopping that shitty war that she was passed down on the very first day of her reign. She changed Austria for the better.

But there was something Maria Theresa knew that most women today would turn their noses up at: She knew her place. She knew she wasn't the brains of the operation and she didn't try to get in on it. The men did the thinking, Maria Theresa was the face of the country, and she was damn good at it. She might have been stubborn and bull-headed, but she always knew when she was bested by a more intelligent mind and she was open to all options by her council.

Loyal, strong, and dignified. That's what made her a phenomenal ruler.

We always hear about 'women behind the men' things, like Eleanor Roosevelt, but Maria Theresa's case is one of the very few 'men behind the women' that's out there.

Plus she was like super racist against the Jews, so that earns her bonus points here. Or something.
>>
File: sandwich.jpg (78KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
sandwich.jpg
78KB, 560x415px
>>
File: Nietzscheonwomencooking.jpg (53KB, 873x241px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzscheonwomencooking.jpg
53KB, 873x241px
>>1875006
>>
The only people who think women play a small role in history (in events or how the events are taught) aren't historians.
>>
>>1875036
correcting the record huh?
>>
>>1875042

No, there are pseuds on both sides.

One, morons who think women played no role in historical events

Two, feminists who think women's role in history is hidden and diminished by historians.

Neither of these groups are composed of historians.

Historians recognized the roles that women played and talk about them often, without hiding them or exaggerating them.

This conflict only exists between people who don't study history.
>>
>>1875025
Antisemite and mosogynist, was he the /pol/ of his time?
>>
>>1870997
JUST
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.