[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I thinkthat we can agree that turkey amd balkan states are very

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (103KB, 505x744px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103KB, 505x744px
I thinkthat we can agree that turkey amd balkan states are very similiar to each other after living together for so long but at which point would you say this level of similiarity was achieved ?
>>
>>1868547
Are Balkan states really that similar to Turkey?
>>
>>1868558
Aside from religion and language tey are very much alike look at the cuisine for example its almost identical only turkey has a bit more middle eastern dishes also.
>>
>>1868547
When many of the Balkan muslims were driven out by their own people to Turkey.
>>
>>1868564
So in the eraly 20th century ?
I thought it would be earlier maybe.
>>
>>1868547
t. American
>>
>>1868568
I think the cuisine may have become similar earlier.
Tho the choice of meat differed (pork and all)
>>
>>1868568
As for beverages. It's clear that the name for raki is Turkish/Arabic in origin, but archaeological evidence suggest that such a drink was being made in the Balkans before the Turks came, and they merely adopted the new name.
>>
there are a lot of Turkish words that found their way in languages of people on Balkan. Apparently those famous "kebab removers" Serbs couldn't even speak properly without the Turkish words
>>
>>1868642
>kebab removers
Use of shit memes is strictly prohibited
>>
>>1868663
t. kebab
>>
>>1868587
This. A lot of the cuisine and the culture was there before the Turks arrived. Turkish culture is pretty much the adaptation of the local cultures of Anatolia mixed together with some Middle Eastern customs since they were Muslims
>>
>>1868547
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1EFe1vSb3s
>>
>>1868561
>aside from two most important cultural factors they are totally same
Nope.
And besides "Turkish" culture is a mix of Byzantine, Balkan, Persian, and general Islamic elements, with very little Turkic influence outside of language.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.