[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everyone knows about Athens and Sparta, but what about the other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Everyone knows about Athens and Sparta, but what about the other Greek city-state?

I feel like they needs more love.
>>
Thebes had an army of faggots
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 1024x752px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 1024x752px
>>1867533
There's a reason they were forgotten, OP
>>
Thebes was cool as shit for a second. Look up Epimonondas and Theban hegemony. They took their army of faggots and beat the Spartans so bad with it at Leuctra that Sparta never really recovered
>>
I think most people who aren't total window-lickers know about Macedonia.
>>
Miletus and Ephesus were the homes of a few of the most influential presocratic philosophers. Many people know of Olympia, or atleast it's relation to greek theology. As well as Delphi through the Oracles (Apollo and Dionusus).
>>
>>1867594
Macedonia was not a greek city-state.. Nor was it apart of greece at all, but merely tangent to it
>>
>>1867613
they may not have been a city state but they were greek m8
>>
>>1867613
t. bogdan bogdanovic
>>
Corinth must have been a big deal considering there was a war called the Corinthian war and Philip II united the greeks under the Corinthian league.
>>
>>1867624
bogdanovski*

"Ić" is Serbian. "Ski" is Macedonian.
>>
>>1867613

Macedonia had a Hellenic culture. The southern lowlands, which housed the ruling elite, were very much greek.
>>
>>1867593
Just thinking about the Sacred Band gives me a boner. Imagine all those huge muscled men camping in the field after a long day of marching, polishing each others spears...
>>
>>1867637

I think the Corinthan War was fought over land contested by Corinth.

As for the Corinthan League I can only speculate since my memory fails me, but Corinth was easily the 4th most influential city state in Greece. Athens and Thebes, both staunchly anti-Macedonian, would obviously not be Philip's first choice for a Macedonian led Hellenic league. But their rival Corinth would be a good choice.
>>
>>1867533
Objective Ancient Greek City-States Power Rankings

>Gods of Olympus Tier
Syracuse
Agros

>Liberator of the Hellenes tier
Sparta
Cimon's Athens

>We Won't Scatter Their Ashes to the Unforgiving Sea tier
Samos
Crete
Melos

>Alright tier
Periclean Athens

POWERGAP

>Meh tier
Oligarchic Athens
Post-Peloponnesian War Sparta

>You Fucked Up and Now You're Going to Get Fucked Up t.Thucydides Tier
Demos' Athens
Anything Alcibaides touches.

Rate, hate, masturbate.
>>
>>1867620
There were Hellenised, and a related people, but they were not Greeks. Macedonians were not permitted to participate in the Olympic games and other pan-Hellenic festivals.
Much of the aristocracy could trace Greek lineage, however.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.