[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was Islam obsessed with military campaigns westwards while

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Radical Islam.jpg (81KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
Radical Islam.jpg
81KB, 650x488px
Why was Islam obsessed with military campaigns westwards while just sending meme missionaries to the East?

inb Battle of Talas. It was a frontier war and the T'ang was the aggressor party. There is no Muslim military incursion into China I can name of while shitloads have happened into the west.
>>
>>1862500
Because the East doesn't tolerate them like the West does.

You give them an inch and they take a mile
>>
>>1862500
East was pretty tough for military expeditions for the Mooseleems. The formidable T'ang Dynasty aside, you had Steppenigs to worry about. Byzantweaks and Iberian Visigoths can't really compare to the two.

Also the East is the Moneymaker. You do not attack the people who are making you rich.
>>1862504
>East doesnt tolerate them.
>T'ang Emperor: So i herd u liek tade. Come have embassy in capital and let's talk money.
Also amongst the most loyal sodliers any Chinese dynasty ever had were soldiers from the Hui Minority. Who were Muslim.
>>
What is the mughal empire
>>
>>1862504
Muslim Minorities in China tend to be pretty loyal cunts who respected central authority and their culture. The Uyghurs only pretty much rebel largely out of Nationalist reasons.

Compare this to Christian Converts who have massacred their way throughout China.
>>
>>1862504
dumbest post ive ever read all week
>>
>>1862500

Idk man, i suppose east seemed like a lot of trouble for not much gain compared to the west which was just a few steps away and had a comparatively weaker military strength (at least until they decided to crusade)
>>
>obsessed with military campaigns westwards

lol, if anyone is obsessed with military campaigns it's the west and eastward.
>>
>>1862597
What other direction was availible untill ocean going ships?
>>
>>1862500
How do you think Central Asia and Pakistan became Muslim?
>>
>>1862555
Protestant Chinese converts. Not much Catholics and Nestorians.

During the T'ang Period, Nestorian Christianity was the third biggest religion in China. It spread peacefully enough.

And then the Mongol Empire showed up and made anything foreign unpopular. It just so happens that a lot of Turkics in the Mong Dynasty were Nestorian and so shitloads of Chinese converted out of it.

Without the Mongols, China wouldve been the home-base for Nestorianism.
>>
>>1862597
>The Middle East is a warring hellhole.
>Meanwhile East Asians just love to put things in Saber-rattle mode while there hasnt been a war in the West since WWII.
>>
mongols
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.