[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hurr Russians used zerg rush tactics when will this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: 10_soviet_army_marching.jpg (78KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
10_soviet_army_marching.jpg
78KB, 750x500px
>hurr Russians used zerg rush tactics

when will this retarded meme end?
>>
>>1859402

Probably never. You have a tremendous amount of misinformation about WW2 in the public's consciousness, and none of it seems to be going away anytime soon.
>>
the russians didn't but the germans did.
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 480x360px
>>1859402
They did, a lot.. You slavophile apologists are funny..
>>
Blame the Battle of Rzhev
>>
When Russians stop using Zergh tactics.
>>
Except they did.... constantly unless you're implying they are actually retarded and just took horrendous losses standing in place not attacking with overwhelming man power?
>>
Stalin did just send soldiers until Germans ran out of bullets. The casualties on the Russian side are gigantic. If it is one thing Mother Russia has is canon fodder.
>>
>>1859678

And yet roughly 1/3 of all Soviet casualties in the war were sustained in the first 6 weeks. 1941-42 (where they were losing) was when the Russians were taking the heaviest losses. When they start to get the upper hand, when you see battles like Kishniev and Belgrade and the Vistula-Oder offensive, you know, when they're winning, suddenly the shoe is on the other foot.

Think of it this way. If you go by Overmans's figures, and I've never once heard anyone claim his methodology was bad, German Killed/Wounded/Missing/Captured for the course of the eastern war was roughly 1/2 of the Soviet equivalent (only counting military casualties). But they were dishing it out at rates of close to 20:1, not 2:1 in 1941. To close at roughly 2:1, the Soviets have to make it up somewhere.
>>
>>1859402
I feel like the best place to truly observe Russian tactics was the Russian invasion of Finland. Such amazing tactics.
>>
>>1859402
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battles_of_Rzhev
except they did
>>
>>1859402
When it stops being true.
>>
>>1859402
>Germans try to rush the USSR before the Russian industry is on its feet
>Eventually lose because they cannot out macro the Soviets in the long run

Accusing the Russians of being Zergs is literally the opposite of the truth.
>>
>>1859402
"When they come into machine gun fire, our soldiers march exactly as if it was not there." - Zhukov
>>
"How many Russians does it take to cross the Vistula? Exactly 43,476, apparently." -Zhukov
>>
"They say that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I'm not supposed to believe in hell, but i do know the road to Moscow is paved with dead Russians." - Zhukov
>>
"Germans? A trifle. It was simply a matter of outsmarting them. You see, Germans had limited men and ammunition. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they exhausted both and capitulated. Voroshilov, show them the medals I won" - Zhukov
>>
>>1859954
>>1859957
>>1859963
which standup comedian would deliver these the best
>>
>>1859406
what would be the most prominent examples of said misinformation?
>>
>>1860010
HOLOCAUST NEVER HAPPENED!

for one..

seriously tho it didnt
>>
>>1860010

>The German army was all tanks, all the time!
>Japan could have crippled the USSR if they attacked in time with Barbarossa
>The Me-262 was a war changing plane
>M4 Sherman was a crap tank that could only zerg rush and defeat German tanks by wading in a pile of their own comrades wreckage
>Tanks were primarily fighting each other
>Tanks were blown up en masse by airplanes.
>Rommel was a hairs breadth away from driving the British out of North Africa and seizing the middle-east oil, which would solve Germany's fuel problems forever
>Sealion was a possibility/Hitler's biggest blunder was not invading England.
>Any [If Hitler had done X, he'd have won the war!]
>The Soviets were massing for an invasion of Western Europe.
>The Soviets were the biggest recipient of Lend-Lease, which is why they won the war in the east.
>Polish cavalrymen charged German tanks with swords

I could go on, but those I think are the most prominent ones.
>>
“If we come to a minefield, our infantry attacks exactly as it were not there.”
— Georgy Zhukov
>>
>>1860068
I doubt holocaust-denial is so widespread to be counted in "public consciosness".
>>
>>1859715
The rzhev salient was attacked primarily through human wave tactics. When Stalin stopped going full tard and started letting his general take command did they only begin to move away from it.
>>
>>1860093

The Rzhev Salient attack was in 1942, when the Soviets were still getting pushed back generally and their tactical/operational acumen was pretty awful.

The ones where the Soviets really started winning, Bagration, Kishniev, Uranus, they were not in fact using "human wave tactics". They certainly didn't win through the use of such, pretty much all of their human waves were disastrous failures.
>>
>>1860088
>The Soviets were massing for an invasion of Western Europe.
Yeah, what would be the chances of something that happened before and which was crucial to soviet survival in the long run could happen again?
>>
>>1860089
"If we come to a cliff, our infantry attacks as if it were not there" -Zhukovl
>>
>>1860120

>Yeah, what would be the chances of something that happened before and which was crucial to soviet survival in the long run could happen again?

Considering that Stalin hadn't invaded a single country in between his ascension of power in 1922 until the MR pact in 1939, and that he very carefully politically isolated his victims before attacking at at least 10:1 odds, it strikes me as extremely unlikely he would take on something as risky as an invasion of another major power such as a German sphere of influence. Trotsky was the interventionist, not Stalin.

You also have the liiitle problem of no such documentation indicating that he was planning on invading anyone prior to the MR pact coming up, or any indication that it was "crucial to the Soviet survival".
>>
>>1860130
Considering everyone(including Stalin) expected the battle of France to be a repeat of WW1, we can assume he had his 10:1 odds on the eastern front in 1940
>>
“Heil Hitler”
— "Grand Cross of the Iron Cross" Zhukov
>>
"When they come into a woman's refusal to have sex, our soldiers go on exactly as if it was not there." - Zhukov
>>
>>1860238
*When they come into a woman's refusal to have sex, our soldiers go in exactly as if it was not there." - Zhukov
>>
>>1859402

"My name is not important. What is important is what I'm going to do. I just fuckin' hate this country. And the Russian worms feasting on its carcass. My whole life is just cold, bitter hatred specifically directed toward Russians. This is the time of cleansing and no Russian life is worth saving, not even my own. I will put in the grave as many as I can. My genocide crusade begins here."

-----Zhokov
>>
>>1860166

>Considering everyone(including Stalin) expected the battle of France to be a repeat of WW1, we can assume he had his 10:1 odds on the eastern front in 1940

And yet he didn't invade then, did he? In fact, he didn't even push further than his initial demands in Romania past Bessarabia, when pushing on to Ploesti would have crippled Germany. Funny that.
>>
>>1860166
Russia got beaten during WW1.

Not to mention your point is utterly stupid thanks to the fact how fast France got conquered.
>>
>>1859604
Its german soldiers near Stalingrad dumbass...
>>
>>1859994
Stewart Lee
>>
>>1860010

Enemy At the Gates

It literally spawned the "no rifles" thing
>>
>>1860421
And people say entertainment media are irrelevant and it doesnt matter that BF1 overrates Brits and black people....
>>
>>1859402
>people talk shit about Russian soldiers
>don't realize that it was the commanders fault and their soldiers were overly good because they followed orders to the tee
put some British generals around those Russian troops for god's sake
>>
>>1859604
How is a picture of dead germans supposed to prove that?
>>
>>1859402
>when will this retarded meme end?

When Russians stop using zerg rush.

Which is never.
>>
>>1860630
Did they Zerg in Afghanistan, Ukraine, and Georgia?
>>
>>1860652
In Afghanistan they try, and in Georgia and Ukraine they can't because isn't a true war
>>
>>1860690
In Afghanistan they try, and in Georgia and Ukraine they can't because isn't a true war
>>
>>1860089
"I love the smell of dead Russians in the morning"
-"Bolshevik Bloodbath" Zhukov
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.