[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Under what historical circumstances would Japan have never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: Japan.png (5KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Japan.png
5KB, 450x300px
Under what historical circumstances would Japan have never invented anime?
>>
File: 1460682808859.jpg (36KB, 500x798px) Image search: [Google]
1460682808859.jpg
36KB, 500x798px
If you prevent Disney from having any influence there. So I guess a massive cultural embargo that probably still wouldn't have worked.

You can't escape this.
>>
File: implying you would have anime.gif (2MB, 305x500px) Image search: [Google]
implying you would have anime.gif
2MB, 305x500px
>>
The Lumiere brothers die in an incident during their infancy
>>
>>1857423
>>1857419
They were making manga in the Meiji era and it really took off in the Taisho and Showa periods. I doubt they would somehow miss making manga into anime unless the Tokugawa win the Boshin war and even then I'm iffy.

>>1857426
Soviets had their own Winnie the Pooh. Also a famous book which was made into a manga during the Taisho period, the Crab Cannery Ship , is extremely leftist and is getting a lot of Marxist sympathy in Japan today.
>>
File: anime homage.png (1MB, 1225x802px) Image search: [Google]
anime homage.png
1MB, 1225x802px
>>1857419
If Disney and the American tradition of animation never existed.
>>
File: crying.gif (3MB, 344x261px) Image search: [Google]
crying.gif
3MB, 344x261px
why would you want that?!?!
>>
>>1857426
>Implying that KMT would have any piece of it

Fat chance. Also Cheburashka is already somewhat popular in Japan as it is, it would be even more under a Soviet occupation.
>>
File: 1476660127154.png (371KB, 960x622px) Image search: [Google]
1476660127154.png
371KB, 960x622px
>>1857423
>>1857435
Disagree.
In any time line television exists in Japan, anime is invented at some point.
You underestimate how much culture Japan can produce.
Of course, in different time lines, different kinds of anime would be produced.
>>
>>1857426
Soviets did not have the capability to properly invade Japan's main islands. Great meme though!
>>
>>1857490
It's not a meme, and in fact more than a few people in DoD wanted the nukes on Japan for that particular reason.
>>
>>1857476
I just wish we had nuked Japan more
>>
>>1857497
[Citation needed] for both claims

Also, the Tehran conference explicitly gave military operational control over the Japanese main islands to America. The Soviets could have tried breaking that agreement, but then America would have crushed the Soviets.
>>
>>1857497
>It's not a meme
Not him, but it is. The Soviets could have landed enough troops to stake a claim, but they didn't have the ability to actually invade the island and fight a war.
>>
>>1857497
Gonna need some sources

The Russian Pacific navy was in shambles and they barely crossed the 2 miles to Sakhalin
>>
File: jeanne d'arc3.png (181KB, 1000x778px) Image search: [Google]
jeanne d'arc3.png
181KB, 1000x778px
Anime is saved.
>>
>>1857504
The US military avoided bombing much of Hokkaido for one reason: to deter the Soviets.

And guess what, the Soviets had a chance to invade Hokkaido after taking Sakhalin and the Kuril islands, but they didn't. There was no peace treaty or ceasefire at the time. The Soviets stopped because they knew it was
1. Difficult as hell
2. Politically treacherous
3. Gonna piss off America big time in a region where the Russians were weak

The "not a meme" anon is simply wrong.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.