[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Catholics hate God's commandments? >You shall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

File: idolatry.jpg (29KB, 384x256px) Image search: [Google]
idolatry.jpg
29KB, 384x256px
Why do Catholics hate God's commandments?

>You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. Exodus 20:4 aka the 2nd commandment

>If you love me, keep my commands. John 14:15
>>
>>1856299

>Old Testament Commandments != New Testament Commandments
>>
>>1856313
>implying that the church doesn't pick and choose to bash the congregation with the right parts from the Old Testament
>>
because you can't have sex in a properly way. you're such dumb american.
>>
>>1856299
>Why do Catholics hate God

Because they don't know him.
>>
>>1856299
Yeah and the Bible says that only hypocrites pray in public and you should pray privately in your closet.

As far as idol-worship goes, that's human as fuck. You can't stop the religious masses from doing it. They will always come up with some object to pray to, even if it requires some mental gymnastics.
>>
That commandment prohibited idolatry. Icons aren't idols. The worshipper worships God, not the icon, which is merely a means to an end. Iconoclasm is a heresy. Praying to saints isn't idolatry either. Neither is veneration of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
>>
>>1856457
Jesus was referring to individual prayer done to make oneself seem more pious than those around him. There's nothing wrong with group prayer because it isn't done for the ego.
>>
>>1856471
>If I change the names the things I'm objectively doing become something else
>>
>>1856481
>it isn't done for the ego

Sure it isn't.
>>
>>1856486
yes it is
>>
>>1856539
>yes it is
Well then case closed. Catholics confirmed Pharisees.
>>
>>1856471
>It's not idolatry when we do it.
>>
>>1856556

Yup. Self-righteous hypocrites giving lip service to Jesus, but their hearts are far from him.
>>
>>1856556
No they aren't, they just are stupid people with a stupid faith.
>>
>>1856484
>>1856562
You can make images with words, especially written words. Did you know the letter A is an upside down bull's head? Stop writing. Stop talking.

Seriously though, iconoclasm is a heresy based on retardation and nothing good has ever come from it. Just look at ISIS.

There's nothing wrong with images. They're tools. They lead to understanding, as long as they aren't confused with the object of understanding.
>>
>>1856556
>>1856565
>The Church Fathers identified Jews and Judaism with heresy. They saw deviations from orthodox Christianity and opposition to the veneration of images as heresies that were essentially "Jewish in spirit".[3]

Fuck off, kikes.
>>
>>1856598
Yeah, i guess you're right.
>>
>>1856598

Literally pray to the Queen of Heaven.

Try to tell Christians it's okay.
>>
>>1856610
>Not worshiping idols is Jewish.
>>
>>1856641

<citation needed>
>>
>>1856641
Is Mary the mother of Jesus? Yes or no.

>>1856646
Judaism IS idolatry. Do you see any statues in synagogues. No. Maybe the issue is more complex than you thought.
>>
>>1856641
What kind of Christians?
>>
>>1856671
>Judaism IS idolatry
No. Judaism is a false religion, but idolatrous they are not. Learn the meaning of words before spouting nonsense.
>>
>>1856486
>I'll just ignore the early church and all the epistles of paul
k.
>>
>>1856313
>this meme understanding of scripture
>>
>>1856809
Paul was part of the problem.
>>
>>1856809
>Paul and tradition supersedes Jesus
>>
>>1856313
>Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them, but to fulfill them
>>
>>1856598
>Seriously though, iconoclasm is a heresy based on retardation

How so? All the arguments for it were destroyed. There may well have been good evidence for its truth back then
>>
Protestants think the bible itself has magical properties, how is this any different than praying to saints?
>>
>>1856799
False religion is idolatry. Sin is idolatry.
>>
>>1857025

Because Catholics don't pray TO saints?
>>
>>1856836
>my unprecedented, personal interpretation of scripture supersedes Tradition, Paul, and Jesus
>>
>>1857032
Literally false
>>
>>1857034
>tradition
>roman tradition, which killed Jesus
Yeah this isn't helping you
>>
>>1857032
Two questions:

Are the Saints with God in Heaven or not?

Can God hear our prayers or not?
>>
>>1857039
Jesus founded the Church, The Pharisees killed Jesus. Jesus came back from the dead. The rest is Church history.
>>
>>1857037

Please, show me a Catholic prayer where they pray to the saint.
>>
>>1857049
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercession_of_saints
>>
>>1857056
>asking a friend to pray for you is idolatry
>>
>>1857056
>Intercession
>Literally says on the tin.
>IS WORSHIP GUISE.
Then again you Christfucks have that bullshit trinity so you're all just huge walking hypocrites like all abrahamic faiths.
>>
>>1857076
Maybe you should be less concerned with others and instead examine yourself?
>>
>>1856484
>If I change the names the things I'm objectively doing become something else
We call this transsubstantiation.
>>
>>1857048
>according to the Catholic Church Jesus founded the Catholic Church
Why do people fall for this shit
>>
>>1857034
>hurr you can't just read what Jesus said
>you can't read the Torah
>you can't read all the writings he cited
>you can't do that which is blatantly laid out and simple to understand
>no, you need the pointy hat faggot who says gibsmedat and claims infallibility
Stupid!
>>
>>1857186
Because orthodox broke off from the catholics not the other way around
>>
>>1857029
>eating cereal is idolatry
>everything is idolatry
Retard.
>>
>>1857195
Obviously you can't. Have fun with your 30,000 denominations.
>>
>>1857425
Anything that detracts from worshiping God is idolatry, which is placing something before God. False religion detracts from worshiping God. Sin detracts from worshipping God. For example, by valuing pleasure or wealth or intellectual vanity above God, one commits sin, which is fundamentally idolatry. If you love Eros or Mammon or the Serpent instead of loving God and your neighbour, you are committing idolatry, which is sin. Ultimately all sin stems from hubris, which is the idolatry of the self.
>>
>>1856863
Why haven't you chopped off your dick off yet?
Why do you eat fried chicken? (mixing eggs and meat are not halal)
>>
>>1856299

Cause they are smarter than you.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.