[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am bored and have whole day of lazing around ahead of me If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: mapa_cechy_13_stol.gif (40KB, 484x618px) Image search: [Google]
mapa_cechy_13_stol.gif
40KB, 484x618px
I am bored and have whole day of lazing around ahead of me

If there is anything you want to know about Bohemian history, go ahead
>>
>>1854522

What is the ethnic/historical relationship with slovakians?
>>
>>1854531
side kick
>>
>>1854522
>If there is anything you want to know about Bohemian history, go ahead
did they do anything interesting?
>>
>>1854531
>ethnic
Another west slavic tribe. That was literally it, we didn't really care about each other in the slightest up until WWI where Czechs needed more support for their independent state so we figured we might team up with Slovaks.
>>
File: wefailed.png (224KB, 522x890px) Image search: [Google]
wefailed.png
224KB, 522x890px
>>1854543
Depends what you call interesting.

~900 Czechs controlled everything east up to Kievian Rus
Czech (Premyslid) king caused the rise of Habsbourgs, plus founded Kaliningrad (the city after which Russian enclave is named)
~1300 Czechs first controlled Austria, then Hungary and Poland (as in OP)
Hussites (Czech protestant revolution hundred years before Luther, managed to beat off five crusades against it before succeeding)
Started Thirty Years' war
Was industrial center of Austria-Hungary
Czech legionaries conquered whole Siberian railway from the hands of bolsheviks in WWI
Then there is the whole thing with Münich and start of WWII
Czechs did the only successful assassination of Nazi leader (Heydrich, 3rd in rank after Hitler)

Then there are the funfacts, like that when Czechs were helping conquer Milano in ~1210, they figured they can use their "northern savages" reputation with Itals, so they baked a bread doll looking as a baby, and then cooked it over open fire in front of Milanese gates and ate it in front of horrified watching Milanese soldiers. When they later breached into the city, lots of the soldiers were so scared of Bohemians that they rather jumped into the river or ran towards Germans and Italians to get captured by someone civilized.
>>
>>1854624
>~900 Czechs controlled everything east up to Kievian Rus
You mean Moravians, right?
>>
>>1854634
Don't believe Moravian nationalists, it's the same thing :^)
>>
>>1854624
>baked a bread doll
>they rather jumped into the river or ran towards Germans and Italians to get captured by someone civilized.

this is great stuff!
>>
>>1854634
Nah, i mean Czechs, i'm just shit with dates. It was more like ~950
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boleslaus_I,_Duke_of_Bohemia

Pretty cool guy this king

>murdered his brother at church's doorstep for being pro-german cuck
>beats of HRE emperor
>later gets beaten though
>together with emperor beat of invading Magyars
>conquer whole easy so he could control all eastern slave trade
>founds first bishopric in Bohemia
And the retarded thing that in Czech tradition he is classified as the worst of the worst because he killed his brother
>>
>>1854658
We had similar king in Poland
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boles%C5%82aw_II_the_Generous
>one of the bishops was in fraction of nobles that wanted to install Władysław Herman, Bolesław's younger brother, as the king
>King personally killed him during a mass
And Bolesław was a good king.
>Independent from Germany
>Loyal to Pope, thus making Polish Bishops independent from German ones
>Was crowned as a King
>Allied and at times aiding Grand Duke of Kiev
>Allied and at times aided King of Hungary
And then his brother took throne and it went downhill
>Serving HRE
>Loyal to Emperor over Pope
>So much of a servant to HRE that he was never crowned
>His Count Palatine, Sieciech, was effectively ruling the country, with him being clearly manipulated
And his son caused Partition of Poland, so in the long run his legacy weakened Piast dynasty and Poland.
>>
>1919 Battle of Zvolen, Czechoslovak army, led by gen. Šnejdárek, fights against Magyar Bolsheviks
>Situtation looks bad, CS forces are disorganized and without reserves
>So Šnejdárek decides to trick the magyars and sends a let magyars capture a few spies with (false) intel that he´ll be reinforced with 6000 senegalese from France
>Later he sends a few soldiers with turbans, covered in ash and shoe cream to roam the railways speaking "senegelese"
>Magyars fell for it and and jumped to the river afraid of the African cannibals, leaving decisive victory for the CS forces
>>
>>1854691
>covered in ash and shoe cream to roam the railways speaking "senegelese"

this and bread babies czechs are a tricky people.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarom%C3%ADr,_Duke_of_Bohemia

This guy also has a great life

>castrated by his older brother
>used by nobility against older brother
>btfo'd by older brother
>used by emperor against older brother
>btfo'd by younger brother
>used by emperor against younger brother
>he just wants some peace an quiet
>gives throne to younger brother
>younger brother locks him up
>assassinated by nobility
>>
>>1854735
I wonder whether this is "just" backroom dealing and high level management of back-then... I mean... shit, can't find the words, errrr, like, are various shady deals between top businessmen, politicians etc. today, like are those things basically the same as this medieval shit. Only the tools and context have changed. Like back then it was ambushing, castrating, gouging eyes, imprisoning for ten years - and then simply letting the guy be, even rise in a new position or whatever. Today there is much less violence so it's email leaks, hostile takeovers, hit pieces etc.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.