[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>German violation of Belgium neutrality for strategic reasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 1451128762761.jpg (366KB, 500x496px) Image search: [Google]
1451128762761.jpg
366KB, 500x496px
>German violation of Belgium neutrality for strategic reasons is an scandalous act of pure evil
>Entente violation of Greek neutrality (occupation of Lemnos and a few months later of Saloniki in 1915) is hushed up

really makes you think
>>
>How many people did Brits murdered during the occupation?
>>
You could perhaps mention the German atrocities which the Entente did not commit in Greece. Or possibly the fact that significant parts of the Greek government worked alongside Entente. Or the fact that the Entente intervention in Greece did not plunge the continent into a war.
>>
>>1854434
>You could perhaps mention the German atrocities which the Entente did not commit in Greece.

Probably because there was no partisan warfare in Greece compared to Belgium.

>Or possibly the fact that significant parts of the Greek government worked alongside Entente.

Doesn't matter. The Greek government at the time filed formal complaints against the violations.

>Or the fact that the Entente intervention in Greece did not plunge the continent into a war.

Neither did the invasion of Belgium
>>
>>1854495
>Probably because there was no partisan warfare in Greece compared to Belgium.
wew it's almost like the whole thing wasn't making them upset enough to do that
>>
>>1854495
>Probably because there was no partisan warfare in Greece compared to Belgium.
warcrimes => partisans. I wonder when will German philosophers try to solve the problem with different method than limit to infinity.

>Doesn't matter. The Greek government at the time filed formal complaints against the violations.
Actually it does matter, since the Greek complains apparently didn't matter.

>Neither did the invasion of Belgium
Explain
>>
>>1854528
>warcrimes => partisans
Occupation =>partisans, it is that simple.
>>
>>1854394
>German apologists

When will they learn?
>>
>>1854528
>Actually it does matter, since the Greek complains apparently didn't matter.
Yeah, because the allies just ignored them.

>Explain

What is there to explain? The invasion of Belgium didn't cause the great war, not even the British entry into the war.
>>
>>1854625
>Yeah, because the allies just ignored them.
If I took an emergency poo at your house you'll be a bit angry and you'll complain. If I took your house and murdered your kid you'll be angry too, but on different scale. Got the point?

>the invasion of Belgium didn't cause the great war
What did then? Austrian invasion to Serbia?
>>
>>1854592
Then explain the lack of greek partisans
>>
Germany didn't violate any neutrality. Britain alone guaranteed Belgium neutrality and were pretty much waiting for an excuse to join the war.

What are you on about, OP?
>>
File: 27x0bpv[1].gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
27x0bpv[1].gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>1854649
>>
>>1854656

What an argument!
>>
>>1854649
German violated neutrality it guaranteed in the 'scrap of paper', I'd call that a dick move
>>
>>1854644
>If I took an emergency poo at your house you'll be a bit angry and you'll complain. If I took your house and murdered your kid you'll be angry too, but on different scale. Got the point?

The invasion of Belgium turned out nasty because the Belgians (military and civilians) decided to resist. The Greeks decided to not resist, therefore nothing happened to them.

>What did then? Austrian invasion to Serbia?

Pretty much, it was the start of the chain reaction. Obviously, there were underlying too.
>>
>>1854717
>The invasion of Belgium turned out nasty because the Belgians (military and civilians) decided to resist.
Because there was great evil commited, the evil commited in those Greek Islands was neglieble to the Greeks.

if we go back to my comparism: If I took the emergency poop in your loo, you'll most likely demand satisfaction but you won't make it violent. When I attempt to rob your house and humiliate you, you'll most likely attempt to make it violent.
>>
>>1854788

The Germans asked the Belgians not to resist. If the Belgians had complied, the Germans would have just marched through their country and the occupation would have been as harmless as the Allied occupation of parts of Greece. Get it?
>>
>>1854951
>Guy A: Hey you! Lemme rape your daughter or you gonna get hurt
>Guy B: Fuck you!
>*Guy A takes out gun and shoot the guy B in stomach, then proceeds to rape the daughter.*

Later at court
>Judge: You are accused of rape and murder, what do you say in your defense?
>Guy B: If they didn't resisted and obeyed me, no crime would be commited

>Get it?
What am I supposed to get here? if the guy A let the guy B fuck his daughter and had the daughter willingfully bended over there would be no crime commited?
>>
>>1855010
>What am I supposed to get here?

That Germany demanded the same thing from Belgium as the Allies from Greece, that is letting their soil be used as a basis for operations against other countries. It's just that one said Ok while the other said no and resisted. It's why your "emergency poop" on the on side and "robbery" on the other side analogy doesn't apply.
>>
>>1855092
>It's just that one said Ok while the other said no and resisted.

>Whole fucking country x two islands
>Greeks had better relationship with Brits than Germans with Belgium
>Brits respected the Greek natives
>Comparing temporary militrary access with invasion

I don't even know what are you trying to say. That Greeks are cucks and Belgians valourous nation?
>>
>>1855114

Later, Saloniki was occupied and Allied troops marched through Northern Greece to the Balkan front.

>>Comparing temporary militrary access with invasion

The Germans just demanded to temporaily (for the time of the war) access the Belgian roads to march into France.

>I don't even know what are you trying to say.

Both instances were the violation of a country's neutrality. Just because the Allies were in the comfortable situation that the Greeks government didn't resist doesn't make the act was morally superior.
>>
>>1855155
>The Germans just demanded to temporaily (for the time of the war) access the Belgian roads to march into France.
And later MURDERED people when they didn't get what they wanted.

>Just because the Allies were in the comfortable situation that the Greeks government didn't resist doesn't make the act was morally superior.
What crimes, apart from violation of territory, did the Brits commited against Greeks? None?

Also why do you think Greeks didn't care and Belgians did? Maybe because the Greeks expected Brits to act civilized?

>The Germans just demanded to temporaily (for the time of the war) access the Belgian roads to march into France
That's just what Willy said, but what guarantee would Belgians had no more harm would be done, once the soldiers are in and countless supply convoys pass through? Word of a German?
>>
File: 1454998433822.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1454998433822.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>1855155
>Both instances were the violation of a country's neutrality. Just because the Allies were in the comfortable situation that the Greeks government didn't resist doesn't make the act was morally superior.
it literally does though
>>
>>1855176
>What crimes, apart from violation of territory, did the Brits commited against Greeks? None?

Because the Greeks didn't resist. If the Belgians hadn't resisted they wouldn't have been touched. On the other hand, we know that the Brits had no scruples either when it came to suppressing guerilla resistance (Boer war, India, etc.).

>Also why do you think Greeks didn't care and Belgians did?

Greece was weak and isolated, resistance would've been pointless. Belgium had the Allied armies behind them ready to help and their government tended to be pro-Allied.

>That's just what Willy said, but what guarantee would Belgians had no more harm would be done, once the soldiers are in and countless supply convoys pass through? Word of a German?

You could say the same about the Allies. The reality is that it would have damaged Germany's reputation immensely (which would have harmed them in the future) had they broken their promise towards Belgium.
>>
The democratically-elected Prime Minister of Greece (Venizelos) wanted to join the Allies, but was dismissed by the pro-German King, so it's a totally different situation
>>
>>1855217
>Because the Greeks didn't resist.
Because they were somewhat friendly to the the British cause. Meanwhile Belgians had negative feelings to the Germans marching through them against the French.
Also actual murders and reppression are what matters, not that some parts of Greek govermnent didn't like Brits passing through so they wrote them a tad bit angry letter.

>The reality is that it would have damaged Germany's reputation immensely (which would have harmed them in the future) had they broken their promise towards Belgium
So is it the totally not worthless "word of a German"? Had they managed to defeat France, it would not matter how much stained would be their reputation. Not to mention heavy incursion to Belgian society would be necessary due to the sheer amount of manpower, logistics and fighting passing through.

>You could say the same about the Allies
You can't. Greeks had apparently way more trust in the Brits, than Belgians had in Willy.

>Boer war, India, etc.
Sure thing, but we are talking about Europe, not colonies

>Belgium had the Allied armies behind them ready to help and their government tended to be pro-Allied.
Greece was far enough not to be a worthy target and Belgium would have obviously be conquered before the allied armies got their shit together.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.