[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any "great" conquerors who died happy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

Are there any "great" conquerors who died happy at a ripe old age?
>>
Attila died happy on the feast.
>>
>>1854366
Willy the Bastard, got old and happy and his descendants still rule over England to this very day.
>>
>>1854366
Ghengis Kahn.
>>
>>1854397
Only one I could think of too desu
>>
>>1854378
yeah but he died unnaturally you bastard
>>
>>1854366
george w bush is still alive, famed for the great conquest of the middle east
>>
>>1854366
Timur died old but he didn't die happy as he was pissed at the Ming emperor and was marching to conquer his puny realm.
>>
Suleiman the Magnificent and Mehmet died pretty happy imo
>>
Stalin
>>
>>1854817
>Suleiman
I don't think so, i mean he killed his arguably most competent son, and his best friend.
>>
>>1854831
>go to bed
>no one dares check up on you
>spent almost a whole day dying in your own piss
>>
>>1854836
At least he died warm.
>>
Ashoka
>>
>>1854841

Quite exotic in russia during those days
>>
>>1854393
>Willy the Bastard

that's pretty mean desu
>>
Saladin, I mean, he chose to die poor.
>>
>>1854366

Well, if you go back far enough, you have lots. Ashurburnipal I and II both lived quite a while and presumably died happy. Pretty much any individual emperor that started a new Chinese dynasty did a lot of conquering and died reasonably well. You've got Ashoka in India, you've got Ivan III in Russia, you've got plenty.

Really, how are you defining a "great conqueror"?
>>
>>1854393
Didn't he explode because he was too fat?
>>
>>1854397
Hes probably the best example. Good conquerors normally have a lot of enemies and don't last long. Darius 1 was mid 60s when he died naturally and did a lot of conquering for persia if he counts.
>>
>>1854366
While not the owner of what he conquered khalid ibn whalid died of old age and was bitching about it
>>
>>1854831
Stalin suffered a terrible death
>>
>>1854397
Wrong. He was about to wage war on Jochi and was sad to die unhappy.
>>
>>1854366
Justinian, Thutmose iii
>>
Muhammed
>>
>>1854366
Charlemagne
>>
Montezuma I (not to be confused with the other one).
>>
>>1854393
>horrifically obese so you can't do all the fun hunting you used to do
>wife you love dearly dies before you
>>
>>1854393
>Willy the Bastard
Spotted the salty saxon.
>>
>>1854590
lmao
>>
Catherine the Great.
>>
>>1854366

Edward IV ate, drank and whored himself to death with the bribe money the French had paid him to not invade. Admittedly at the age of 40, but definitely meets the happy criteria.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.