[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you christians actually follow the bible front to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 2000px-Christian_cross.svg.png (27KB, 2000x2792px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Christian_cross.svg.png
27KB, 2000x2792px
How many of you christians actually follow the bible front to back. Not just slacked and call yourself christian.
>>
The Holy Bible is a compendium of texts, written over thousands of years by different authors, different culture and circumstances etc.
Translation also further confuse the issue.
They document God's revelations to mankind, and its authors claim divine authority.

Point being, no one can follow the entire Bible from beginning to end.
It is self-contradictory in many places.

Being a Christian is accepting and believing in Jesus Christ
That he was God's son and died for Mankind's sins.
The rest is just tradition, much of it pagan in origin
Which is fine, it's part of the whole package
>>
>>1852413
i started to, as a good christian should, but when i got to the gospels i realized how heretical it was for a man to call himself god and liken himself to adonai so i dropped that goyim crazy shit
>>
>>1852438

>Point being, no one can follow the entire Bible from beginning to end.
It is self-contradictory in many places.

Aka I have never read the Bible and only making up excuses with fancy words to make up for my excuse for not reading it.
>>
>>1852413

You don't need to be able to read to be a Christian, stupid proddie.
>>
That's not what being a Christian is. It's not meant to be "followed" front to back, whatever that means.

There are books in the Bible that are just poetry. How the fuck are you supposed to follow poetry?
>>
I'm a Christian and I can't stand the Bible. Some of it is pretty cool, like the parts where Jesus was healing people and stuff, but the shit like Leviticus isn't even word of God. It's just crap people who lived hundreds of years later made up to police peoples' behavior. Sodomy as mortal sin was constructed by the Catholics during the Reformation. It's a crock of shit. The only things that really matter are the teachings of Jesus Christ. If you do your best to live in accordance with those original teachings (and not necessarily the crap added later on) and belief that Jesus died for your sins, you're a Christian. But whatever. I'm into universal reconciliation for those of us who don't hurt each other too much and annihilationism for those of us that are really fucked (like serial killers, child molesters, and genocide orchestrators). The truth of it all (at least, as I see it, because your mileage may vary) is that we're all terrible on some level, but that it's all going to be okay in the end and we shouldn't worry about natural behaviors that don't directly or indirectly harm anyone else.
>>
File: bible_contraditions.png (2MB, 3327x4418px) Image search: [Google]
bible_contraditions.png
2MB, 3327x4418px
>>1853742
This image really shouldn't be so obligatory.
>>
the bible has layers of metaphor which i cant understand. is there some sort of explanation to it all? or is it subjective and i have to make my own conclusions about it, which could change as i read it over amd over?
>>
>>1853742
I guess you haven't read very far in, or you'd notice, straight off, there's two different creation stories.

Nevermind the rest of it, and all of it being completely open to interpretation. (Not that there's any way to avoid that, with a human on the other end, but this isn't exactly carefully constructed legalese.)
>>
I don't. It makes for a good story, but the Book is not necessary for a relationship with God.

I'm too cynical to trust something that has been misused and taken in vain over the course of centuries. Instead, I've explored my own meaning to life, and my own scope of religion.

In essence, I only call myself Christian for the ease of it. I'm more of a Theist that believes in Christ.
>>
>>1854194
Think of it this way: when you write something it has a purpose, a message to convey, a spirit to accompany the words (though not in as literal a sense as this may be said of the bible). Rightly guided, readers can come to the same understanding. The men who compiled it originally, those early Christians with the teachings of the apostles fresh in their hearts are these rightly guided readers for the Bible. On the other hand, without guidance a man can read in many things which are not there, interpret many different conclusions from the same book, and in so doing be killed by the letter. "The letter kills, the spirit gives life". We can read the book and come to the proper conclusions only with proper hermeneutics, which has been preserved in the tradition of the right worshiping (that is to say Orthodox) Church, which approaches the scripture from the stance of early Christians and the Church fathers.
>>
File: fingerless-gloves-fedora.png (117KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
fingerless-gloves-fedora.png
117KB, 320x263px
>>1852413
>i'm atheist but let me tell you how you must practice your religion

Fuck off scum
>>
File: bartholomew-benedict.jpg (75KB, 800x501px) Image search: [Google]
bartholomew-benedict.jpg
75KB, 800x501px
>>1852413

When we read any text we are interpreting it. This is valid from Bible to the Squire magazine.
And you asked me, I'd rather the original interpretation.
And, yes, it's hard follow every biblic commandment.
>>
>>1852413
There are no christians on 4chan. only LARPers
>>
I do

Sold most of my possessions, gave the bulk of my money to the poor, and now I just wander preaching the gospel
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.