[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/his/, Is Stirner a main focus of any university coursework

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: stirnerrrrrrr.jpg (5KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
stirnerrrrrrr.jpg
5KB, 200x175px
/his/,

Is Stirner a main focus of any university coursework in philosophy? Or does this mans legacy solely live on in the form of internet memes?
>>
>>1852115
Go to school and find out.
>>
>>1852115
He was mostly ignored for a long time. His biggest legacy was his influence on Kapital and Marx's shift to a focus on self-interest in the context of exploitation and material conditions,
>>
>>1852115
He's central to most individual anarchist thought
>>
>>1852152
Thats not exactly true. Individualist anarchism took its strongest initial influence from liberalism, it was only later on that you saw figures like Benjamin Tucker (who was initially most influenced by liberalism himself) start to take on Stirnerian influences. While he was a big influence in individualist anarchism, he wasn't central to it.

For a school of anarchism more centrally influenced by Stirner, one would have to head over to post-left anarchism.
>>
>>1852115
Would he be as popular if it weren't for the iconic caricatures of him drawn by Engels?
>>
>>1852882
He would be with me. I've known of him longer than 4chan has existed. Don't really care if other people like him or not, especially people who use him to lend some credo to their shitposting or ask the most basic questions about his thought when the motherfucker wrote one goddamn book how fucking hard is it to read one fucking book.
>>
The real question is whether or not he would have changed some of his views if he had been alive today to see what neuroscience has said about "self"
>>
>ideologies in a Stirner thread
Amateurs
>>
>>1852115
No, never the main focus. Though he's a legit philosopher and if you want to do some research on him, there's good ground to be covered there.
>>
>>1853388
Nice dubs son
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.