[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come that the Roman Catholic church has soften up so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: MHFnVla.jpg (82KB, 880x580px) Image search: [Google]
MHFnVla.jpg
82KB, 880x580px
How come that the Roman Catholic church has soften up so much? I mean sure you can argue that it's what they preach. Love and what not! But these days it seems like the church try and adapt to you, "modernize" no more chants (this pretty much only goes for America right?.. Right?) and what not!

But in history they been some iron fist, hard ass, balls to the wall dudes. Taking a huge dump on every other infidel and heathen from the baltics to the jungles of South America.

And then Eastern Orthodoxy is the church militant! Christ brought not peace but a sword, they are very war like in their belief believe it or not, but they have not, not to MY knowledge, been violent enough to rival the catholics crusades and colonizing.. Am I wrong about this? Have I missed some massive ass kicking on the behalf of the Eastern Orthodox nations?
>>
You have to be 18+ to post on this website thanks Champion.
>>
>>1851774
Yeah thanks for your input shit scoop, real clever, now fuck off.
>>
>>1851785
Because now it's more productive to proselytize with love and service than war and slavery. Times change and so does the Church.
>>
File: IMG_0702.png (47KB, 531x563px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0702.png
47KB, 531x563px
>>1851743
Liberals, And fags infiltrated the church
>>
Religions that fail to adapt die
>>
>>1852847

W*eaboos, the last bastion of hope for the RCC
>>
>>1851743
>no more chants

It really depends on what parish you attend and what resources it has, but yeah you'll still hear Latin chants and sacred polyphony. The Church's essential teachings haven't changed, the way that they're presented in some cases has.

The Catholic and Orthodox Churches aren't warlike. They don't exist to be badass; violence should generally be avoided. If anything institutions as large and influential as they are have potential to bring about greater peace in the world.
>>
Are you stupid op? I don't understand these childish expectations from your church and orthodox ones which I'm sure you've never visited based on your post. As an ex-catholic I only take away many of the good moral teaching I found from Jesus to be a good person to your fellow man. Why do you find the need to follow what a man 1000 miles away with a speacil hat has to say about your faith? Let alone ask why a pope isn't calling for a genocide in this day and age, like how stupid can you be. If things are so bad for your religion why not do something about it by becoming a important figure and reverting to methods that you think work? That would take to much effort I'm sure.
>>
>>1853200
You act as if I told you I knew everything about the churches. Not once, not anywhere did I say that. All of ya'll seem so sensitive.
>>
>>1851743
>the only goes for America, right?

Most communists movements in Latin America have been sanctioned by clergymen
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.