[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Britain >4 millions out of the 8.8 millions troops the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1476868244746.png (24KB, 516x486px) Image search: [Google]
1476868244746.png
24KB, 516x486px
>Britain
>4 millions out of the 8.8 millions troops the British Empire mobolized are British

>France
>7.8 millions out of the 8.6 millions troops the French Empire mobilized are French

Really makes you think
>>
>>1851365
>implying Australians, New Zealanders and Rhodesians aren't ethnically British
>>
>>1851365
anglos BTFO
>>
>>1851365

Now do one more statistic for me. What was the percentage of the French population of the overall population of the French Empire? Compare that to the British population of the British empire. I'm betting, what with India and all, the former is higher than the latter.
>>
>>1851374
Canadians too

>muh frenchies

They refused to fight 'Britain's war' and flipped out when the government tried to conscript them
>>
>>1851615
Can you stop calling Quebecois "Frenchies"?
Do you see people call Anglo-Canadians "Britbongs"?
Quebecois are not French
>>
>>1851629
>Do you see people call Anglo-Canadians "Britbongs"?

French-Canadians (who are not all Quebecois) call them Anglos

>Quebecois are not French
They speak French, and that's the basis for calling them frogs etc.
>>
>>1851636
>>1851629
>>1851615
ITT: Canadian civil war.
>>
>>1851647
Just to add, the Quebecois/French were to first to call themselves 'Canadien' while Anglos were still identifying with Britain

The Canadian anthem was written in French originally, by a Quebecois
>>
>>1851365

Most of the soldiers from Algeria were also europeans (actual french, or naturalized french mainly from italian, spanish or maltese ancestry)
>>
French "Empire"
>>
>>1851733
Still more an empire that the > > >.
>>
>>1851629
Keep telling yourself that, Pierre. Your ancestors are french.
>>
>>1851365

So? I've often wondered why the allies didn't use more of the colonial troops. Why not just kill off as many niggers as you can?
>>
>>1851823
Well if that's the yardstick then my apartment is an Empire.
>>
>>1851918
Because if you conscript them too hard they might:

A- rebel because they don't like conscription

B- rebel because they don't like casualties

C- finish the war too early and end up having a few million angry veterans in some far flung corner of your maritime empire ready to rebel

All in all overusing colonial troops has its drawbacks especially if the place they come from has some sort of independence movement.
>>
>>1851957

Also, just in general, the colonial troops tended to not be nearly as effective as home-grown regulars, for a variety of reasons.
>>
>>1851918

There's a reason slaves aren't allowed to have weapons.
>>
File: IMG_1736.png (478KB, 610x407px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1736.png
478KB, 610x407px
>>1851629
Somebody get this hothead outta here
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.